Mod. Notice My fellow Tigers, I need your help!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellow tiger fans, My good mate coombesy has terminal thyroid cancer and we've had fun compiling and ticking off his bucket list. One of his latest additions was to appear in a TV commercial. Funnily enough Darrell Lea are running a competition which closes at 5pm this Thursday where the person with the most votes wins a spot in their next I LOVE DARRELL LEA TV ad.

Good news is that he's currently leading the voting, but has been neck and neck for the lead with one other contestant.

Hoping you can all put a vote on for him? It only takes 20 seconds, you don't need to leave any information or register or anything... all votes will help us to get this bucket list wish ticked off :)

Thanks peeps... Here's the link: https://ilovedarrelllea.com.au/vote/?id=1442880143
voted :)
best wishes to your friend mate :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To everyone who voted thank you so much! Be proud! We just had confirmation that Craig is the winner and therefore the new face of Darrell Lea and will appear in their online ads, facebook marketing, TV Commercial and print media.

This means so much to him, and to me too...

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

To everyone who voted thank you so much! Be proud! We just had confirmation that Craig is the winner and therefore the new face of Darrell Lea and will appear in their online ads, facebook marketing, TV Commercial and print media.

200w_d-3.gif

Thats awesome news, well done everyone!

Awesome news mate!

This is fantastic news. Getting a little bit weepy. What a pair of rough old mates you pair are. :) Oh s**t. That did it.

Congrats mate. Look forward to seeing the ad.

Looking forward to the complimentary boxes being sent out to all of us who voted.

But honestly congratulations and a fantastic effort on your part, and good work to all you who voted too!

Fantastic to hear!

Good memory matey :)

The story is... Craig and I have known each other for almost 20 years, we worked together and have many common interests (mainly sports). Craig's worked in the RFC marketing dept, and was also a recruiter/forward scout for both Port Adelaide and Hawthorn under Chris Pelchen.

3 years ago he was diagnosed with terminal Thyroid cancer, and the docs gave him 15 months at best, 6 months at worst. I asked him if he had a bucket list and he said no. I said he better hurry up and make one! So he did... he said he wanted to fly over Antarctica, he wanted to drive in a Ferrari, he wanted to meet Adam Hills, Pink, Andrew Johns (NRL) and stage star Christie Whelan.

Over the following 6 months I made all of them happen. Adam Hills loved the story (Craig also does this thing called Naked Tuesday... long story, won't go into it now), and wanted to help out. It's safe to say that it pretty much blew up after that. We appeared on Adam's ABC show 4 times, I even got to do one of my bucket list wishes on air and that was to drive a tank!

Along the way we've met some outstanding individuals, done some crazy things, been to amazing places, and the journey doesn't look like letting up yet. Adam dared Craig to try stand up comedy, so we held a comedy Gala at the Comics Lounge in North Melb last year headlined by Adam Hills, Lehmo and Barry Morgan and Craig. We followed up with another Gala this year with Adam Hills, Cal Wilson, Craig and ME! Craig starred in Adam Hills' Clown Heart show at this years comedy festival each night, and now Craig and I are planning our own Comedy Festival for next year.

We often sit back and say to each other... "5 years ago did you ever imagine we'd be doing this...?"

Now I admit that I got the ball rolling on a lot of things, but without the help and assistance of many many people I wouldn't have been able to achieve half the things we've done.

The amazing thing is that the docs attribute the positive outlook for him surviving past his "use by date", and although his cancer will get him soon, they're reluctant to give a timeline again.

So, I'll take that as a win!

Thanks again for the support guys :)

PB74
What a mate...

Its such a shame it takes something as drastic like cancer for all these awesome things to happen to one person in such a short time.

There are some awesome memories there for you both and heres hoping hes a stubborn man and defies the odds and pushes way past the doctors estimations.

Woooohoooo

I didn't vote as I've only seen the thread but so happy for Craig.

Great job mate you're an amazing mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back