Opinion My Final Rant

Remove this Banner Ad

I always said the coach is the person who helps put the list together. Constantly said richo and his recruiters have picked the wrong type of players for today’s footy so I would never argue with that. To me it is the coaching and the list that is the problem. It’s not one or the other. We should never have signed richo on for 2 more years. Had we not we would be able to just not extend at the end of year if the form keeps going. Now though we either have to sack him after just re signing him and pay out a fortune which won’t please the afl or keep him which isn’t ideal on today’s form. We stuffed up but then again the poll we did on bf before he re signed wanted us to re sign him. Now I doubt they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is really stupid is that in 2016 we were playing run and gun footy with quick ball movement. The Dogs won a premiership with it, Essendon made finals with it and the Tigers won premiership using it.

We went straight out and started to move away from it at the draft and trades for some reason and don't seem to have replaced it with anything. We just get the ball and hope we don't turn it over when we kick it forward now. We seem to be trying to keep our zones seperate and it isn't close to working. We have moved to three tall slow marking forwards who aren't skilled at it and can't defend.

Great post. A number of fans on here are pointing out the issues, so why can't those in charge see it? Where is the accountability?[/QUOTE
MUFKilda, don't get sucked into thinking that the posters on here have all the answers and that they would be better coaches than AFL level senior coaches and Assistants.

There are so many reasons why the immediate results on the field may not be correlating with what we think the output should be.

There is the non disputable fact that our execution is failing at present. Supporters agree. Coaches agree.

This failure in execution is affecting confidence negatively in that those executing poorly lose confidence, and in addition, those relying on good execution during transition, and upfield, lose confidence in the team. That starts to affect everything. I believe we have some key players who lack the ability to execute, and I see that as a long term problem. I also see some of the poor execution by players who I think are capable of being better as something that should be overcome, but who really knows if and when this happens.

Lastly, in the old days when you could just play man on man, it was a lot easier for supporters to identify who was doing their job well, and who wasn't. Now that there are so many more team structure issues, and those upstream (ie. forward) are more reliant than ever on good delivery, it is often hard to measure an individual's performance from the outside. For example, when playing 1 on 1 in past years, a forward could deal with bad delivery, but nowadays a poor kick sees them in a hopeless situation competing 1 on 3, and effectively no chance.

Just my 2 bob's worth to not get sucked into thinking are woes are easily solved by replacing our coaches with Bigfooty experts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back