Training My Friday at Gosch's

Remove this Banner Ad

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well I have just returned from the training session at Gosch’s after a long journey from the Sunshine Coast. A couple of hundred people there and some players as well. Training was due to start at 9:30 but true to form this year we had a delayed start with players arriving around 10.
Most notable was Max taking part in most drills and moving unhampered. It started out quite slowly with some backyard kick to kick and handballing interspersed with running - away from the supporters I noted which hopefully was not a harbinger of things to come on Monday.

This was followed by some drills, my personal favourite being the dance lightly with peculiar steps between the cone alleyway and reward yourself by affectionately hugging the non player at the end. I did notice Harmes have a kick that went where he intended at one point which I thought excellent. He did seem very switched on to be fair.

There was more breaking into groups and assorted drills and everyone seemed most sharp and excellent.

Notable things for me were:

- How much Christian Petracca absolutely exudes joy. He will lift the group many times over the forthcoming years.

-How gently Gus is being handled Away from the main groups a lot of the time. He kinda looked embarrassed knocking over the tall foam thingy but nonetheless did so with great vigour.

-How Clayton always seemed to be at the back of the running groups, not through being slow, more a case of “oh gosh, this is what we are meant to be doing now”

-How Jack of the Watts variety did not appear restricted in any way.

-How supportive the players are of each other and the general good nature.

-How Melksham really looks like a good footballer.

-How excellent a kick for goal is T Mac - go figure!

-How there was no Jesse that I could see

-How Jayden Hunt loves the attention and putting on a show. He is a gem!

-How Jordon Lewis really is a pseudo coach and the others listen to him.

At the end the players, especially Petracca, Hunt, Watts, Lewis, Viney, Jetta, Melksham, Pedo and Garlett were incredibly generous giving time to the faithful. Sorry if I missed some.

I even managed a selfie with CP but true to being a 40+ year supporter of the Dees found upon checking that my selfie skills were lacking and in fact I neglected to press the button. I am sure we both had nice confident smiles though.

Great session, great club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back