My friend Craig on Adam Hills Tonight ABC1

Remove this Banner Ad

Good morning RFC Board peeps,

Some of you may remember last year I was calling out to ask for help getting some stuff together for my mate Craig who's battling terminal Thyroid Cancer. I was trying to get a hold of some celebrities to film a segment for his birthday party... we had some success getting a few things together, but I just wanted to share a few things with you all that have happened since then.

As part of the party, unbeknownst to Craig, we held a fund raiser (Including the Richmond signed guernsey I mentioned on here) to try and fulfill one of his bucket list wishes of a sightseeing flight over Antarctica. The good news is that with the help of friends, family, corporate and business sectors, and sporting clubs around Melbourne, we raised over $4000 in a short amount of time and in February this year that wish became a reality.

There's a long story behind the next part, but as a way to laugh in the face of Cancer he started taking photos for a series called Naked Tuesdays where he would be completely starkers and would have something covering his privates... well it's become a bit of a phenomenon, and with the help of Adam Hills and his show Adam Hills Tonight on the ABC, it's taken off!

We ventured down to a photography studio in Elwood last Friday to take a series of "iconic" photographs which were recreated Naked Tuesday style, and filmed the whole thing which will appear as a segment on the Adam Hills Tonight show at 8.30pm tonight on ABC1. Yes, Adam does nude up, as does Lawrence Mooney... (I was going to join in on the last shot, but the segment went over time and the photographer who was already introduced into the story joined in on the hilarity!).

I'll be in the background of a couple of the video segments, and the outtakes video if they show it!

So, what I'm asking is, that if you could all help me spread the word, and promote the website (www.nakedtuesday.me) and the twitter feed @NakedTuesday, I'd be chuffed!

If you head to the website and read the "About" page, and check out the "Bucket List" page, you'll see what we've been able to achieve for this great man already...

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your day! :)

Regs, Pete

great work your doing for your mate contact the club or channel 7 to put request to richo he will be happy to oblige hes that kind of fellow its why hes loved by all.cleb phone message pick ant oz cleb wouldn't be surprised if you wind up with several.keep up the good work. lost a couple of close relations to cancer

Bummer. Didn't get to see it, but thanks for sharing Pete. How is you mate by the way? How do they know it's terminal when he seems to be living for quite some time? (hope you don't mind me asking)

Sorry Pete just finished my weekly ban compliments of the Essendon mods . Missed your post yesterday and missed the show. F:;ken good work though mate. Sounds like a cracker of an idea and hopefully takes over Fanuary !

Bummer. Didn't get to see it, but thanks for sharing Pete. How is you mate by the way? How do they know it's terminal when he seems to be living for quite some time? (hope you don't mind me asking)

Hey Tugga,

The rate of which his Cancer was spreading following his radiation treatment and isolation last September was severe. They expected that by January this year that he would be faced with a rapid fall in health.

Whether it be the fight in him, or the work that we're all doing to keep him positive, something is working... The docs are stunned that he's still keeping on.

There's no doubt that the Cancer will get him, and the Cancerous cells are spreading still... the outlook on his life has improved so much so that the docs are now unwilling to give him a "time"... so for now, we just keep on keeping on!

Thanks to everyone for their support :)

Hey Tugga,

The rate of which his Cancer was spreading following his radiation treatment and isolation last September was severe. They expected that by January this year that he would be faced with a rapid fall in health.

Whether it be the fight in him, or the work that we're all doing to keep him positive, something is working... The docs are stunned that he's still keeping on.

There's no doubt that the Cancer will get him, and the Cancerous cells are spreading still... the outlook on his life has improved so much so that the docs are now unwilling to give him a "time"... so for now, we just keep on keeping on!

Thanks to everyone for their support :)
Thanks mate. The reason I ask is that thyroid cancer is usually one of the more 'curable' ones, but like any cancer, you obviously need to get at it early.
i'm full of admiration for him, but also you. People like you make the world a better place.

Thanks mate. The reason I ask is that thyroid cancer is usually one of the more 'curable' ones, but like any cancer, you obviously need to get at it early.
i'm full of admiration for him, but also you. People like you make the world a better place.

Thx matey :)

Wondered over here to see some pre-game talk and opened this thread. You're a great friend and your mate seems to be in great spirits. I love seeing things like this. People are inherently good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was very funny and it looks like your friend has great support from family and yourself, thanks for sharing. All the best peter,and to Craig and all those who are close to him :thumbsu:

Apologies for the bump, but I'm actually in Sydney tonight and just saw Craig, your good self, Adam Hills and Andrew Johns on the NRL Footy Show. Amazing story. You are an amazing friend Peter.

Haere Ra

Thx KT... was a great day, that took a fair bit of organising to get together. Was all worth it...

Craig is a great bloke! I had the privilege to have have him as a teacher when i was doing a marketing course and he is the nicest bloke, great to have a chat with and can tell a great story, the type of guy you never forget. Early on in the course he declared that any person that got him an introduction to shakira was guaranteed High Distinctions from then on hahaha.
I knew his health was on the decline when i finished the course but i was shocked to see him on television on thursday on the NRL Footy Show and get the full picture.

It's great to see he is living his life to the fullest because he deserves it.
I wish him and his family all the best.

Good morning RFC Board peeps,

Some of you may remember last year I was calling out to ask for help getting some stuff together for my mate Craig who's battling terminal Thyroid Cancer.

There's a long story behind the next part, but as a way to laugh in the face of Cancer he started taking photos for a series called Naked Tuesdays where he would be completely starkers and would have something covering his privates... well it's become a bit of a phenomenon, and with the help of Adam Hills and his show Adam Hills Tonight on the ABC, it's taken off!

I've been following this from your earlier posts, Pete and saw the show.

Craig's obviously a fantastic bloke and it's one of those 'huge/tiny' country moments to connect the stories.

FWIW, feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but I've witnessed some incredible things done with 'black salve' and a whole bunch of other different treatment regimes for cancer.

It's something I've studied for a long time having lost family and friends to cancer and ultimately, after a lot of research, ended up thoroughly bemused by the way Western medicine fails to prevent, diagnose, manage or treat various cancers.

I'd feel wrong to not say something if there's a 1% chance, so please take this post in that spirit and feel free to PM me if you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back