Autopsy My gloat I think I summed it before it happened thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that right?
Just stand by for a second while I try to come up with a witty retort.
I have gone grey waiting, dam did not nail that.

I will see myself out:'(

Posted - Nov 8, 2009

I'm expecting a few things this season.

1. Harry O'Brien will go from good player to very good player. I mean A grade with Hazza. He has all the tools, the dash and the dare, and I think he could become an all time great in Collingwood colours.
2. Pendlebury will shoulder increasing responsibility, he'll continue to build himself up and I think he'll start dominating games. Thus far in his career I think Selwood's been a little ahead of him in terms of value to the team. Pendlebury will improve his knowledge of the game and will start tearing games apart.
3. Ben Reid will become the player that we've all been hoping for. We're in a transitional state at the moment and if Ben can finally cement a spot in the seniors, it'll go a long way to our September chances. I'd expect the phasing out of Presti with Nate Brown, but realistically... I want the best options picked week in, week out. If Reid isn't up to the standard Presti and Brown set, he'll be the one that plays VFL.
4. Stoppage dominance. Jolly will give us first use a lot more than our players have ever been accustomed to. We won't be lining up in the centre with the ball almost certainly guaranteed to go to the opposition.
5. Sidebottom will replace O'Bree. He's got all the tools O'Bree has, and it'll be one of the three transitions I see emerging. Additionally, he's got a spark and class about him that the workmanlike O'Bree will never have. Johnson's the second, but I can't really see a logical replacement. Then again, we shouldn't be looking for players to replace "roles" we should be open to moulding a game plan that suits our team's strengths, and limits the opportunities that the opposition have to take advantage of our weaknesses.
6. It pains me to say it... but we might be saying goodbye to Tarkyn at the end of the season. No Collingwood fan can deny that he bleeds black and white, but Macaffer's development might be hekd back if Tarkyn can't sustain a form at least adequate to be 12th-13th in a ranking system on our roster. Short term pain might end up long term gain with Macaffer, he's got smarts and he'll be an effective utility.

I wouldn’t mind owning a goat.
e78546cca9749f19d0e61f214911269d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back