Media My Golly Gosh - Golumless is about to play his 200th!

Remove this Banner Ad

League stalwart Golumless will play his 200th league game this weekend against the Baghdad Bombers!

Known for his sharp wit and awful calls about the Brisbane Lions, Golly has been in the league since Season 18, when he joined the West Coast Wonders. He rose quickly to a leadership role at the club, becoming a co-captain with SSwans2011. Following this, Golly moved to the Swamprats in Season 23 where he stayed for just the one season before moving across to the Gumbies with the aim of leading the side out of the dark as co-captain with Noobz0r.

That didn't go so well and in Season 26, Golumless made his debut for the East Side Hawks.

It has been a bundle of joy to post alongside him since then, and I think I can speak for all Hawks when I say that.

Here are some kind words from friends and foes of Golumless over the years:

@pantskyle:
"fu** I am getting sick of getting these requests."

SM:
"Will think of something and get back to you."

His Gumbies co-captain Noobz0r:
"Golly was a slightly better than average co-captain, who dutifully took all of the blame for any errors the Gumbies made in S22. He is a handsome lad, though this is infinitely overshadowed by his stinginess, particularly him not reimbursing me for psychedelics at any stage.

Congrats on that thing that you are doing this week, Golly. "

Then SM thought of what to say:
"I've played with Golly at two different clubs and they've both been great experiences. Golly came to the Gumbies and helped steady the ship with Noobz, and then moved to the Hawks around the same time as me. It's been fun playing with him each week and being able to count on his likes for even remotely witty comments I have made in match threads."

This inspired pants to say something kind:
"Golly was a slightly better than average co-captain I'm sure, who dutifully took all of the blame for any errors the Gumbies made in S22, bravely. He could be a handsome lad, I wouldn't know as I don't doxx. Though this is infinitely overshadowed by his stinginess, particularly him not reimbursing me for psychedelics at any stage that I bought for noobz0r.

I've played with Golly at two different clubs, maybe, I'm not sure and they've both been great experiences or I'm thinking of someone else and they've been bad. Golly came to the Gumbies and helped steady the ship with Noobz when SM was at that club, and then moved to the Hawks around the same time as SM. It's been fun not playing with him each week and not being able to count on his likes for even remotely witty comments I have made in match threads of which I have made so many.

Congrats on that thing that you are doing this week, Golly you plonker."

spookism:
"Oh Golly. Where do we start?
No, seriously, where do I start?

Massive nerd, one of the only sufferable Crows supporters in here, all-round good guy. The sort of guy you'd be happy to bring around for dinner with the parents. AN asset to any team and I'm pretty sure I've played with him at two clubs as well, or maybe one?

Anyway, congrats on that thing you did."

The Filth Wizard:
"Congratulations Golumless on 200 games. I've always been an admirer of yours, I think you're swell. I hope one day to be able to play in a team with you as opposed to you just being on the same list as me."

League admin Ant Bear even offered some kind words:
"I first encountered Golumless as a green, naive BigFooty rookie, when I had the temerity to visit the Crows board and pull him up on the the double-negative word 'irregardless'

Years later, I helped to lure him to the Swamprats. Having a Crow supporter at the club at that time was much like putting a cow in the pigpen, but we milked that cow for all he was worth and then shipped it off to the abbatoir after fattening it up for a whole season.

Congratulations on reaching 200 games, Golumless."

His former captain at the Rats, Millky95:
"As his former captain and the only nomination I made to the All SFA that I couldn't get in, congratulations to 200 games"

His ex-Wonders teammate ClarkeM:
"Congrats Golly on the 200 games. Great effort as much as it is a complete waste of time. IF you take some pride in making it this far then that's all that really matters. Well done mate.

Until we take the field together another time soon, I'll continue to be #JustPassing ;)"

And finally, his Wonders co-captain SSwans2011:
"Golumless was a good co-captain. I know this because I appointed him co-captain. Congratulations on this monumental lifetime achievement award."

Everyone join me in congratulating the great man on 200 games!
1596500870884.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still get Golumless and spookism mixed up. To me they're the same poster

So whichever one of the conjoined twins is doing that thing this weekend, congrats I guess.

edca361f-f0c6-49a1-876e-f37491f89f0b_text.gif

Pretty harsh on Golly.
This has ruined my Tuesday.
I wish I was joking. I quite like the entity in my head that is gollism.

It's not borne of any ill will. Must be something that happened in my formative time in the SFA. It screws with me a bit because there is no other 'pairing' that this happens with.

I remember one thing. Way back when (prob 2017) one of them asked me in a PM about gin. I still can't figure out which one.

giphy.gif

Well played Golumless.

Like the guy from Titanic who slyed his way into the lifeboat with the women and children, it seems you have a knack for escaping a sinking ship. Your timing has been impeccable and your resume remains stain free as a result.

Generations from now, they will sing songs of your valour.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Well played Golumless.

Like the guy from Titanic who slyed his way into the lifeboat with the women and children, it seems you have a knack for escaped a sinking ship. Your timing has been impeccable and your resume remains stain free as a result.

Generations from now, they will sing songs of your valour.

I look forward to my cameo in the Wonders, and Swamprats movie of just casually sitting in the lifeboat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back