My Heart Beats True - 2014 Membership Campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Is everyone on here a member? I bought memberships for my kids but never got one for myself (lost my job so couldn't afford it).
Always felt guilty for it though

Is everyone on here a member? I bought memberships for my kids but never got one for myself (lost my job so couldn't afford it)

I'm a member, mine just renews automatically. I also buy my dads for him each year, I just say that's his fathers day present when that time comes around.

Is everyone on here a member? I bought memberships for my kids but never got one for myself (lost my job so couldn't afford it).

Been a member every year since 2000 (Except 2011, I said I'd sign on when we played two good games in a row, that never eventuated...). Mum bought them for me till I finished school in 2007 then I bought them since. Can understand people with families not buying a heap, they are fairly expensive these days.

Been a member every year since 2000 (Except 2011, I said I'd sign on when we played two good games in a row, that never eventuated...). Mum bought them for me till I finished school in 2007 then I bought them since. Can understand people with families not buying a heap, they are fairly expensive these days.
The kids ones aren't too bad, i just paid for them outright, i was going to do the same for myself... Didn't want to get an interstate membership, i was looking at either the Legends or the Trident pack
All things going well i'll get one this year.

I Feel a little ashamed, for i too am not a member, i can't get to any games. i considered the arm chair membership but i can't even afford that any time soon

Not a member either. Been thinking about becoming one now I'm living down on the border.

No one should ever feel bad for not being a member! For a club like ours, it's a miracle that we're all still here and sane after the past 8 years and willing to put up with the Duritz's of the world.

If you can't afford a membership and/or it's not practical for you to buy one that's totally fine, so long as you make up for it by getting to as many games as you can/watching them on TV/following the team online, and more importantly flying the flag proudly for the Dees off the field. And of course, never giving up on the side.

Except that Jack Watts bloke. * him.

I had autorenew on my membership but I think I'm going to cancel after hearing the news that they're giving this dud Roos bloke a contract extension honestly what is wrong with this place

Interesting to see the final membership numbers 2013 vs 2014

Given we've dished up nothing but slop since 2007 our numbers are (tbh) reasonably healthy.

Compare to St Kilda who made it to b2b GFs in 09/10 and have only recently hit the floor like us on the ladder, it puts things into perspective.

Saints 2013: 32,710

Saints 2014: 30,738

Demons 2013: 33,177

Demons 2014: 35,911

North have shown that it is possible to improve drastically on the back of solid seasons going from 34,607 in 2013 to 40,027 in 2014. I'm not sure about next year but I don't see why we can't consistently be 40k+ from 2016 onwards.

Norths memberships are pretty fishy. They've boosted themselves over the past few weeks by selling next years membership with a free 2014 membership attached for the final few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't renew my mebership last year I was more disappointed that my streak of 13 years straight was broken. But if I can't afford it I just can't but will get one this year. As for comparing with a club like north. I think they have done well to get to 40k, I think playing games in Hobart is a smart move as it helps boost membership. Look at what Hawthorn has with Launceston it gives them an extra 7k per year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back