my highlight of the match....

Remove this Banner Ad

manchestercity

Debutant
Sep 24, 2003
Other Teams
ManUtd are Scum
About five minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and malceski streams out of the centre and kicks to ROK with arms outstretched. A precision kick perfectly placed at full pace by the youngster.
Any fullforward would salivate at passes like that.

I know its not much of a highlight but my pet peeve is passes that fly over heads or worst still, at someones toes (grrr). Schoolboy trainig stuff done a million times and ALL players still manage to stuff'em up.

Was mine as well. Our delivery into the forward line is rarely to clear advantage of our forwards. Malceski's kick was flat, hard, didn't make O'Keefe break stride and gave the defender no hope.

The boy's a keeper - great delivery, great skills.

Another useful addition to a massively underrated midfield.

Should mention Crouch also, who had a great game, I thought. Lots of hard running another great tagging job.

Matching Mole said:
The boy's a keeper - great delivery, great skills.

Another useful addition to a massively underrated midfield.

Should mention Crouch also, who had a great game, I thought. Lots of hard running another great tagging job.
Yep after a slow start, Crouchy seems to be flying atm.

Saddo is still a passenger IMO but did some alright things last night.
Malceski as i said many times, is going to be a star! Has it all, Grunt, Silky Skills, Courage and a good footy brain.

I expect only one change for the Richmond game and that is Jude Bolts in for Bevo.

Highlight? Probably no, but moreso, this is what I remember most:
B2's massive 'get-us-out-of-gaol-without-passing-go-or-collecting-$200' mark in the final quarter. It came when we desperately needed it, and sparked a charge forward, if my memory serves me correctly.

It just pained me to discover today that the AAP journo didn't even include him in the best for sydney. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Tuesday said:
It just pained me to discover today that the AAP journo didn't even include him in the best for sydney. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

You don't actually think the journos watch the game do you?? You should know by now that Best lists are taken from looking down the stats sheet and placing the top 5 or 6 according to disposals on the list.

After so many poor umpiring decisions, the one paid against Buckley when he'd only run about 11 metres since bouncing. The look on his face :D

Honourable highlight mentions to great marks by Leaping, B2 and Ben Matthews (I think it was he) and the final siren.

Mike_B said:
You don't actually think the journos watch the game do you?? You should know by now that Best lists are taken from looking down the stats sheet and placing the top 5 or 6 according to disposals on the list.

:) :rolleyes:
From what I know, it's made up on the spot.
"You only have four best. Did they play badly?"
"Oh, yeah, um.... then add X, and Y played alright too..." :rolleyes:

undy said:
After so many poor umpiring decisions, the one paid against Buckley when he'd only run about 11 metres since bouncing. The look on his face :D

11 paces. Probably > 16 metres. So technically there, but a bit harsh. I can only assume the ump missed one of his bouces.
Was a highlight only because it was finally one in our favour.

Barry's mark was a highlight as was that Malceski flat pass when so many others went soaring above the forwards' heads. The Davis left foot snap wasn't a bad one either. I think he's the best kick in the side, even better than Hall.

A couple of Davis passes into the fwd 50 were sublime. As was his knock on into space when out bodied in a marking contest. A decent crumber would have been running into that space and an easy goal. Sadly, no one was there. A few times too he had the ball, looked up, and had to call blokes into the correct spot to take the pass. Nick is going pretty well atm. The only way we are going to get more out of him is as the side improves. The better we get, the better his contribution will be. A fit Nick Davis is very important to the future of the Swans.

There were several highlights for me...but the best was Mick sighing to heaven when that last point rolled thru; another was hearing him whining and whingeing at the post match press conference...and the look of devastation on the face of Buckley, Clement, et al at the final siren...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swan_song said:
There were several highlights for me...but the best was Mick sighing to heaven when that last point rolled thru; another was hearing him whining and whingeing at the post match press conference...and the look of devastation on the face of Buckley, Clement, et al at the final siren...

Mean swan song. Very mean. ;)

ROK of Gibraltar said:
A couple of Davis passes into the fwd 50 were sublime. As was his knock on into space when out bodied in a marking contest. A decent crumber would have been running into that space and an easy goal. Sadly, no one was there. A few times too he had the ball, looked up, and had to call blokes into the correct spot to take the pass. Nick is going pretty well atm. The only way we are going to get more out of him is as the side improves. The better we get, the better his contribution will be. A fit Nick Davis is very important to the future of the Swans.

According to Stevens in The Herald Sun, he and Ryan O are 2 of the bleak Swans having poor years holding the team back.

My highlight would be when Crouch was sheperding someone out of defence and up the wing (can anyone else remeber the run because i can't think who hard the ball).

undy said:

I don't know about that. I recall Glenn yelling out "How far" when he kept running. I think the free was there. At least from what I saw with the naked eye.

Always nice to see a freekick against FIGJAM, or Prune Boy as I called him. What a complete arrogant piece of ********!

JF

The shepherd was for Buchanan. We need more of those 1%ers, and for them to be noticed as well.

Malescki ran hard in the 2nd quarter chasing his man between the 50 arcs, ended up with the ball, and handballed to a player in space. Great stuff!

undy said:
Honourable highlight mentions to great marks by Leaping, B2 and Ben Matthews (I think it was he) and the final siren.

One thing that brutally disppointed me about Matthews, in the last, high shortish ball kicked up by a Swans player, in the centre square, Matthews looking forward sitting underneath it and a Collingwood player coming the other direction climbs over the top of him and takes the mark. Game in the balance our captain needed to put his body on the line and provide a hard contest and he shirks it. Couldn't see Kirk or even Hall doing that, was very disappointing.

The look on the face of the Collingwood cheer squad member when he got kicked out late in the game. Earlier he tackled a child down the concrete stairs behind the goals after the kid picked up the ball after a goal. The same guy also spat on the guy sitting two seats away from me. Feral!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back