Toast My Journey (No Spoilers, Please)

Big Jimmy's book is released tomorrow. Ordered ours a while ago, but obviously now just waiting for delivery. Let us know what you think, without divulging too much for now.

If anyone who is interested missed it, find Sammy on ACA from last night here:

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8519129/sam-stynes

She'll also be on 3AW at 9am tomorrow.

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
So for those that have read it, did he say anything about the Scully situation like the Herald Sun reported a few months back?

Use spoiler tags

like this

(spoiler)(/spoiler) replace () with []

Pretty sure members get a discount through the Demons Shop, but may have been a pre-release deal.

I actually saw it in a Kmart catalogue for $20 last night, everywhere else is around $30 and the demon shop is selling it for the RRP of $40.

My old man barracks for Brisbane, but surely he'd like it for fathers day.

lifeonthefastlane.jpg

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
On page 268, 269 and 270 Jimmy talks about $cully. If anyone questions our hatred for this rat again refer them to these pages of Jim's book.

The boy is a disgusting liar.

Demon1993

Senior List
Sep 16, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Washington Caps,
Can someone post about scully under spoiler tags please, I'm overseas now and no chance of buying the book anytime soon.

Getting it for my birthday in 2 weeks! :D
Currently trying to track down my copy of Whatever It Takes on top of that (lost in transit somewhere).

Whatever It Takes was Jim's first book yeah?
Correct. Was released around 1996, I think. Mum bought me a copy when it came out. Moved around a fair bit after that and think it might be in storage somewhere. Cheapest used copy I found was $15. Will look at that if I can't find my original copy.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Hey guys, another request for the Scully details in spoiler tags or PM. Please! I'm overseas and want to purchase the book but it will take a long time to get my mitts on!!

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Guys, I have the book right in front of me and would love to share the Scully shite with you. But I'm an ICT ****. How could I do it, other than typing out the dialogue in a PM???

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Guys, I have the book right in front of me and would love to share the Scully shite with you. But I'm an ICT ****. How could I do it, other than typing out the dialogue in a PM???
Perhaps scanning the pages onto the computer and then uploading them onto a PM?

If that's too tricky for ya then just a PM with a summary of what went on would be great. I keep hearing that Jim confirms our suspicions of T$ being a snake in the grass, really eager for any info. Thanks a lot mate!!

Spirit of 39

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Perhaps scanning the pages onto the computer and then uploading them onto a PM?

If that's too tricky for ya then just a PM with a summary of what went on would be great. I keep hearing that Jim confirms our suspicions of T$ being a snake in the grass, really eager for any info. Thanks a lot mate!!

No scanner mate, so here goes.

Don McLardy says to Jim he is concerned about the Scully rumours and the impact they could have on the club and its future. So Jim gets Tom over to his house.

Jim tells Scully he realises the pressure he is under. But that the club needs to know what is happening as it needs to plan for the future. He tells Tom he thinks the club is going places, but that if Tom decides to go, to not make a fool of the club and be honest.

Tom tells Jim he has not had any approach from GWS and that he does not know where the rumours are coming from. He goes on to say that he loves the club and he sees his future with us.

When Tom leaves, Jim is relieved and says to his wife Sam that he thinks Tom will stay. Sam is not so sure. She said he struggled to look them in the eye when he arrived and seemed unsure. Jim defended him and said that he was just nervous.

Months later Tom signs with GWS. And everyone learns later on that Tom's father Phil is offered a 6 year deal as a recruiter with GWS. And that that offer was made three months before Tom visited Jim at his house that night. :(

Great birthday - a Melbourne fleece top, a #11 jumper, tickets to go see us whoop Essendon again next year, AND this book! :thumbsu:

Back