FTA-TV My Kitchen Rules 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sad that Nigella seems to have finished up. I knew there were other judges on this series, but didn't expect her gone so early.

She hasn"t done a TV show (of her own) or published a book since 2020 so it's not like she's super-busy.

Oh well - maybe next year.

I was of the understanding that MKR was for "home cooks", not professional chefs.

The two snooty woman from the eastern suburbs run a catering company :

The two snooty woman from the eastern suburbs run a catering company

Why shouldn't 'home cooks' as they call themselves run a catering company? They probably haven't trained as professional chefs.

One of the young chicks from the first group ran a cake baking & decorating company.

Well, after that the snobby chicks are the favourites for this season.

They probably have a bit of an advantage by working regularly in a kitchen together but none of their dishes tonight are on their 'Dinner Ladies" menus.

You can order family food like Lasagne, Cottage Pie, Beef Vindaloo and 'cook your own' Banana Bread from there but nothing like they did tonight.

They have probably done something like their menu tonight at their family dinner parties though.

Why shouldn't 'home cooks' as they call themselves run a catering company? They probably haven't trained as professional chefs.

One of the young chicks from the first group ran a cake baking & decorating company.

I don't think the show is meant to be for "professional" people, therefore the cake girl shouldn't qualify either.

I don't think the show is meant to be for "professional" people, therefore the cake girl shouldn't qualify either.

My first job - while still at school at age 15 - was at Pizza Hut (back when it was a real - or nearly real restaurant - rather than just a take-away joint. i had three hours - on my own - to mix & prepare doughs, make desserts, salads, vegetables, other toppings, pasta sauces, pre-cook various pastas and prepare various other items) before the diners arrived.

So that was a bit like a job which would prepare u for an MKR environment, but I would never have been described as a pro lol ;)

I could have been described as a 'dinner lady' probz though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont watch the show but some of these cooking type shows should throw in some "real life" scenarios, rather than having endless ingredients and ample cooking time.. i.e cook dinner for three fussy kids who all dont like certain things, and you only have 30 minutes to get it done and half way through you have to stop what you are doing to drive one of the kids practice as they forgot a piece of equipment.

Turned on tv at 7.29 tonight to find it had been running for half an hour already. Good on u Ch7...

No thread for this season?
Anyway that Pork looks shocking.
Who rests their meat in the oven? What an amateur move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back