Injury My Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been reading this thread, It's a bit of an eye opener. Earlier this year I was doing a professional writing and editing course at Bendigo TAFE, and really enjoying it actually. I'd wrapped up all my assignments way ahead of time, and I'd made a few friends, and our teachers were great too. But then the break in between 1st and 2nd semesters seemed to drag on forever.... and during that time I lost all my motivation. And I haven't been back since. Which I regret a lot. Definitely want to go back and give it another crack in 2019.

I'm mainly writing this because some of the things Temploar said stuck out to me, because I recently spoke to a psychologist at the Alfred, and he said I may have Asperger's.

Just been reading this thread, It's a bit of an eye opener. Earlier this year I was doing a professional writing and editing course at Bendigo TAFE, and really enjoying it actually. I'd wrapped up all my assignments way ahead of time, and I'd made a few friends, and our teachers were great too. But then the break in between 1st and 2nd semesters seemed to drag on forever.... and during that time I lost all my motivation. And I haven't been back since. Which I regret a lot. Definitely want to go back and give it another crack in 2019.

I'm mainly writing this because some of the things Temploar said stuck out to me, because I recently spoke to a psychologist at the Alfred, and he said I may have Asperger's.
Welcome, Bixente. I hope you don't have Asperger's but kind of wonder if you wouldn't half realise if you did or didn't. In any case, you don't really know till it's investigated and confirmed. Go back and finish your course!

some good games there too.

Can't wait to play red dead.

Has a data disc and also network updates.

Just bloody sick of every game needing so many updates these days lol.

Another hour to go.

Another hour to go.

Ill be your horse mate.

Just dont let me get run over by a train :p

Another hour to go.

Play Retro Games that don't need the Updates Mate;)

Hope you’re doing well Temp.

Not too bad mate thanks for asking. I take every day as it comes now, it works for me and I don't get as down as I used to.

Still a lot of work to do but emotionally I am stable :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask what your diet is like?

Why?

Recently I have cut out a lot of sugars and try to eat more veggies and seafood. There's not many veggies that I like. But I enjoy raw carrots and cucumbers.

Its definitely much better than it was. But still not perfect by any means, but who's diet is perfect these days?

I also prefer to choose a healthier option for takeaway like subway over mcdonalds. But I'll still indulge on maccas once a fortnight.

I have been more mindful about what I put into my stomach lately, try to read labels, and chew more slowly. I deny all offers of meat pies and pasties when I go to my grandparents, and the unhealthiest thing I put in my body is still a bottle of vodka once a week which obviously isn't ideal but I feel like I can maintain it and I don't "need" it to feel good like I used to.

I'd say overall my diet has improved a considerable amount since July.

Why?

Recently I have cut out a lot of sugars and try to eat more veggies and seafood. There's not many veggies that I like. But I enjoy raw carrots and cucumbers.

Its definitely much better than it was. But still not perfect by any means, but who's diet is perfect these days?

I also prefer to choose a healthier option for takeaway like subway over mcdonalds. But I'll still indulge on maccas once a fortnight.

I have been more mindful about what I put into my stomach lately, try to read labels, and chew more slowly. I deny all offers of meat pies and pasties when I go to my grandparents, and the unhealthiest thing I put in my body is still a bottle of vodka once a week which obviously isn't ideal but I feel like I can maintain it and I don't "need" it to feel good like I used to.

I'd say overall my diet has improved a considerable amount since July.
It seems to me like you are mentally and physically in a good place, Temploar. :):thumbsu:

Not too bad mate thanks for asking. I take every day as it comes now, it works for me and I don't get as down as I used to.

Still a lot of work to do but emotionally I am stable :)
Good to hear you are doing well, and hope you you enjoyed yourself over Christmas and New Years

Getting the NDIS Funding been Huge for Me.

Instead of sitting home most of the Time on the Computer(Especially over the Off-Season)

I am going out 3-4 Times a week to do Activates and Doing lot more Exercise.

Been on quite a Few Walks and they Normally between 3-8KM. Do some swimming and then do other things I like in Bowling,Fishing and Walking around Different Shops.

My Mum says it's the Happiest she has seen me and I agree that it been Really Positive for me

Instead of sitting home most of the Time on the Computer(Especially over the Off-Season)

Been on quite a Few Walks and they Normally between 3-8KM. Do some swimming and then do other things I like in Bowling,Fishing and Walking around Different Shops.

My Mum says it's the Happiest she has seen me and I agree that it been Really Positive for me
Good to hear mate. Being up and and about it great for mental health and just general well-being. Keep it up :)

Great news.

Since you’re going so well, I think it’s only fair we win the flag this year as well.
Just to keep the happiness going.

Great news.

Since you’re going so well, I think it’s only fair we win the flag this year as well.
Just to keep the happiness going.

That would be Fantastic.

I have a Carer come with me to the Games this year IF I can get a Carer Card

That is fantastic to hear Dave, I'm really happy for you, keep it going buddy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back