Injury My Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you applied at every fast food place you can get to in your area? Good spot to start.. Mcdonalds/Bakers Delight ect ect. Make a CV and give it to them, it's a numbers game... Even if you have a bad CV, eventually someone will need workers and hire you.

I'm not going back to fast food. That s**t has taken its toll already.

Any specific work?

Anything except the above (cust service). It's just something that's my limitation. I know what works for me.

My eventual career will be IT though or that's how I see it.

I went through a period of unemployment a little over 10yrs ago after I finished uni. I can appreciate a little the frustration mate and it sucks. I started by signing up with Adeco as a job agency and taking whatever work they threw my way. They were pretty content provided you rocked up sober and on time and finished your shift and I found them good. It was a great experience doing a heap of different jobs and really taught me a lot in many ways. Got a heap of stories from it too.

Then I found a casual job in a supermarket and gradually got enough shifts that I could quit the agency. I reckon supermarkets are a good place to look and not bad places to work.

Importantly I reckon I also made sure I did some volunteering to keep myself engaged in my interests. For me that was working on some conservation projects. It kept me in touch with the general direction I really wanted to follow and made sure I kept that dream alive. It doesn't pay, and I know some people refuse that, but I'd really recommend you consider it. It gives you skills even if its just as basic as a work routine and getting along with other people. But it can also give you some experience you can use to get paid jobs and paid jobs in an area you're interested in.

Happy to chat more mate, here or in pm if you want to.

I can't volunteer. I'm literally in dire straights and staying as positive as I can.

I need the money and I am happy to work for it.

I'm not going back to fast food. That s**t has taken its toll already.

Anything except the above (cust service). It's just something that's my limitation. I know what works for me.

My eventual career will be IT though or that's how I see it.
Maybe some office cleaning after hours? Have some mates that did it while they were in uni and they used to do pretty well out of it.

Then you have time to do stuff during the day that gets you ready for the IT path.

Anyway man best of luck!

Who's hiring these days?

It takes a huge toll out of me to apply for countless jobs. :/ and my job agency is being slack. Not to mention it's very hard to explain to employers that I haven't worked for a while.

Does anyone know anyone that's interested in a highly adaptable mature young person that's as keen as ever to work? 😝

Wondering if someone could help give me a leg up please. It's my final hurdle into having a normal life again. Even if you could point me in the right direction. I'm keen to give anything a go except customer serv. Just need to get something back on the resume again.

I'd ask the employment thread, but it's quite dead.

I hope everyone is well. 😊

Try getting a job in gardening or landscaping as a labourer. It's better than the drudgery of a real job, you are outside in the sun, driving around, getting fit.

Put out some feelers in the buy, swap and sell pages in your area on facebook, gardeners are always looking for reliable help, especially right now.

It's my brother's birthday today, he turns 18.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to see him / mother's decision. / She won't speak to me / an incident happened last year where indirectly I was involved in the hurt of my mum yet again... So she probably had enough of me.

Upset that I can't see him on his 18th. Been crying since Wednesday. Hated to be reminded about this date, but I did the courageous thing and wrote a heartfelt message to him.

I sent it via Skype, but it doesn't look like he's online. - I don't know if it's still his account.
If I don't get a reply back in a week I'll send a letter through the mail.

I decided I'd share what I wrote with you guys, because I have with friends already. They provided me some emotional support because I'm quite upset right now. - I would like to warn people that the words I've used are very heavy hearted. In fact - I'm still crying. - but I've decided to share it because it shows just how raw life can be sometimes.

I hope he appreciates my genuine message, and those weren't empty words. I want to be there for my brother. I still love both him and my mum. (some would ask why)
But when it brings you to tears like this.... I guess blood is always thicker than water. Because I keep yearning for my family.

I'm sorry for any sadness I cause from this post. I just need to vent to stop myself from blowing over too.

I'm still fighting.... But days like this are bloody hard.
Makes me think.... What did I ever do to * up this badly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-31-52-33_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-31-52-33_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-32-01-21_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-32-01-21_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-32-07-84_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-19-14-32-07-84_fa15efe627381604b11498a836170b01.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 62
Remaining open to the possibility of love giving and receiving, in the face of past pains is the hardest of tasks mate. You are doing well, and crying is a blessing, because it shows your heart is still there.

I didn't cry for 10 years after I went into care. I cauterised my heart until I was sure I could feel nothing. Then I lost the first guy I ever loved and found I could still feel after all and I couldn't handle it.

Don't regret feeling even if it is sorrow and regret. Because it means you are still open to the possibility of more if it comes to it. One day your bro and mum may come round and join you on the journey again. And if that comes, it's probably because you were willing to grieve for what was lost but still hope for what could be found.

It's my brother's birthday today, he turns 18.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to see him / mother's decision. / She won't speak to me / an incident happened last year where indirectly I was involved in the hurt of my mum yet again... So she probably had enough of me.

Upset that I can't see him on his 18th. Been crying since Wednesday. Hated to be reminded about this date, but I did the courageous thing and wrote a heartfelt message to him.

I sent it via Skype, but it doesn't look like he's online. - I don't know if it's still his account.
If I don't get a reply back in a week I'll send a letter through the mail.

I decided I'd share what I wrote with you guys, because I have with friends already. They provided me some emotional support because I'm quite upset right now. - I would like to warn people that the words I've used are very heavy hearted. In fact - I'm still crying. - but I've decided to share it because it shows just how raw life can be sometimes.

I hope he appreciates my genuine message, and those weren't empty words. I want to be there for my brother. I still love both him and my mum. (some would ask why)
But when it brings you to tears like this.... I guess blood is always thicker than water. Because I keep yearning for my family.

I'm sorry for any sadness I cause from this post. I just need to vent to stop myself from blowing over too.

I'm still fighting.... But days like this are bloody hard.
Makes me think.... What did I ever do to fu** up this badly.
Thinking of you Temploar and sending you love and blessings.
It takes great inner strength and courage to express your feelings so openly and honestly, especially in the face of so much resistance, and to acknowledge your grief
Take care of yourself

Thinking of you Temploar and sending you love and blessings.
It takes great inner strength and courage to express your feelings so openly and honestly, especially in the face of so much resistance, and to acknowledge your grief
Take care of yourself

I was sitting on the fence all week. I had to be courageous and send that message, and even if it doesn't go through on Skype, I'll get it through to him through the mail, because I feel he needs to hear it ... It's from the heart. - took a lot out of me.

Gosh, yeah, it hurts; still... But at least I don't have to worry about "What if?"
You only turn 18 once. My brother should know that his loves him despite what the other side feels. I know deep down he has love for me and all of my dad's family.
It's just my mum / literally been pushing the same rhetoric into my brother's ear ever since my father's death "his family is evil. Mine are not. You're a (my family's surname) - you will never be like (your brother and his family's surname) - (he's just like his father) - (you're "MY" son - you will never be theirs)... Are just some of the things I've had to hear from my mum pumping that into his ears from a young age. He was 2 when my dad passed away. (Well, ....voluntarily of not of sound mind)

My brother never saw the drug use, the violence, the family court, my dad's family lying on affidavits. My mum said he's the golden child. The one she got to mold without any outside influence from (my dad's family) who she will forever have a grudge on. (That's another story) - but because of what she's gone through she's passed down the rhetoric to him from a young age, and he won't see my dad's family anymore.

My heart aches for him
Their heart aches for him
We all miss him very much.
I can't even tell him that my dad's family loves him more than anyone would believe. It's my grandparents deceased son's child for *s sake, and he's not even gonna get to see them again due to this woman pushing a narrative. He's so indoctrinated now, I can't even tell him they said hi. - it gets parroted straight back to her.

So I don't mention them. I can't imagine the pain they would feel - but I'm always there for my grandparents:)

Thank you so much for your message of support MG and all else

You've have done the best you can in the circumstances Temploar and I think your brother will appreciate the message. It's a shame you can't be there for his 18th. You two will connect somewhere down the line and given his age your mum won't be able to determine your ability to meet with him. Concentrate on getting the most out of the parts of your life over which you do have control. I am thinking of you, mate!

I was sitting on the fence all week. I had to be courageous and send that message, and even if it doesn't go through on Skype, I'll get it through to him through the mail, because I feel he needs to hear it ... It's from the heart. - took a lot out of me.

Gosh, yeah, it hurts; still... But at least I don't have to worry about "What if?"
You only turn 18 once. My brother should know that his loves him despite what the other side feels. I know deep down he has love for me and all of my dad's family.
It's just my mum / literally been pushing the same rhetoric into my brother's ear ever since my father's death "his family is evil. Mine are not. You're a (my family's surname) - you will never be like (your brother and his family's surname) - (he's just like his father) - (you're "MY" son - you will never be theirs)... Are just some of the things I've had to hear from my mum pumping that into his ears from a young age. He was 2 when my dad passed away. (Well, ....voluntarily of not of sound mind)

My brother never saw the drug use, the violence, the family court, my dad's family lying on affidavits. My mum said he's the golden child. The one she got to mold without any outside influence from (my dad's family) who she will forever have a grudge on. (That's another story) - but because of what she's gone through she's passed down the rhetoric to him from a young age, and he won't see my dad's family anymore.

My heart aches for him
Their heart aches for him
We all miss him very much.
I can't even tell him that my dad's family loves him more than anyone would believe. It's my grandparents deceased son's child for fu**s sake, and he's not even gonna get to see them again due to this woman pushing a narrative. He's so indoctrinated now, I can't even tell him they said hi. - it gets parroted straight back to her.

So I don't mention them. I can't imagine the pain they would feel - but I'm always there for my grandparents:)

Thank you so much for your message of support MG and all else

Just read this D.

Thanks for sharing..........keep sharing your struggles here mate most of us don’t judge people. 😘

Just read this D.

Thanks for sharing..........keep sharing your struggles here mate most of us don’t judge people. 😘

Cheers mate unfortunately no reply from him but just hope he read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly is making you feel bad?

Just seems to be Everything.

Weather, Having 9 people in our House including 4 Kids under 10. Not Going to Footy. Thinking IF things where normal I be at least heading off to Noosa for 4 Weeks. Collingwood being s**t.

Just seems to be getting a Bit Much the last few days

Weather, Having 9 people in our House including 4 Kids under 10. Not Going to Footy. Thinking IF things where normal I be at least heading off to Noosa for 4 Weeks. Collingwood being sh*t.

Have you been exercising TD?

Weather, Having 9 people in our House including 4 Kids under 10. Not Going to Footy. Thinking IF things where normal I be at least heading off to Noosa for 4 Weeks. Collingwood being sh*t.

Spring is almost here, try go for some walks when the sun is out.

Do you have Kayo? Footy's on most nights so something to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back