Toast My New Toy - Note the Colours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Twinkletoes have you got around to any of those upgrades yet?

Saw a mustang convertible and thought of you hence reminded me. Bloody hell they look good, also saw a new Porsche last week and just so meh in comparison.

I've only new mirrors to go on my bike and work is done. With full service, plugs etc I've paid 3.5K all up. It's insured for 6K but with so much hard work not sure I would even accept that!!......ha

Not yet but I am picking up the necessary plug and play stuff to convert my tail lights to sequential this weekend.

Also have a guy ready to add the red film to the tail lights to make them red like the US ones.

Next will probably be the Diode Dynamics front lights which turn the front tri bar reflectors into sequential lights and daytime running lights.

I've also found a dealer who's successfully importing and installing the Ford Performance Parts subwoofer which comes with the premium audio system in the States but that can wait as its a $2k addition.

Then the rear deck lid will probably be changed from the circular GT symbol to the big bold GT symbol like the US.

The rest can wait even longer. As I said, it's bloody hard to justify the extra moula when life's expensive as is and the car's a ripper already BUT, I'm sure I'll find a way.

Yes I wonder why they made these changes to the Aust market Twinkletoes. I also reckon the red lights look better than the clear, plus that sequencer thingy is pretty cool....

Mods add up fast! Especially if getting others to do the work. They are brilliant looking car from most angles, be great to see a GT350R (or similar) sold on our shores one day also. Maybe Camaros and other US muscle also.

Yes I wonder why they made these changes to the Aust market Twinkletoes. I also reckon the red lights look better than the clear, plus that sequencer thingy is pretty cool....

Mods add up fast! Especially if getting others to do the work. They are brilliant looking car from most angles, be great to see a GT350R (or similar) sold on our shores one day also. Maybe Camaros and other US muscle also.

What we ended up with was heavily influenced by Europe, who have some countries with such ridiculous Road Safety Laws that the bonnet vents (heat extractors) were removed for the world market. That's another wrong I could right if I could be bothered. The clear lights thing was another European rule, as were the larger side mirrors, and the list goes on and on. My goal has been to at least attempt to rectify what I can without breaking the bank.

Australia is responsible for one change for the world exported model, and we're (unsurprisingly, seeing we're the most over governed "Nanny State" country on Earth) the ONLY country in the world to have this..............no "line lock" function.

Mods do add up fast but I doubt I'll ever go the whole hog and turn it into a Shelby Supersnake, which would require $100k+ worth of modifications.

The dude with the tail light sequencers turned up to my place tonight and I mentioned other things I was looking to change, like the standard circular GT symbol to the big bold GT lettering on the rear deck lid. He replies "Oh that's a must do and I happen to have three of those black GT deck lids in my car right now." So I now have that sorted as well. The guy was driving a very heavily modified Mustang himself and it looked sensational. It was full of parts he'd imported himself. This is a 22yr old bloke who imports a shipping container full of parts every three weeks. He supplies the Ford dealers as well as private owners and he's the only bloke who does it.

I love seeing a young bloke use some business nouse and putting his balls on the line to better himself. He's killing it!

As for the full array of US Muscle Cars, I've no doubt there will be an influx of sorts at some stage now we've ceased production locally. I'd love the Hellcat souped up cars to head down.

Excellent to hear got a couple of things done Twinkletoes.

That is an excellent idea for such a young bloke to come up with and deliver on, good on him.

Reckon that is a quickly growing market too and he probably won't be the only one importing before long....especially if other US cars arrive on our shores to take over the HSV/FPV market.....

Rear light sequencers and US spec'd GT badged decklid done today. Looks much better!

Sorry mate i missed this.

An already brilliant looking car made better, kudos! (I'm envious....my Xr Turbo hammers and sounds sweet, with family memories, but would happily move it on for such a cool Mustang like yours)

Sorry mate i missed this.

An already brilliant looking car made better, kudos! (I'm envious....my Xr Turbo hammers and sounds sweet, with family memories, but would happily move it on for such a cool Mustang like yours)

Nothing wrong with an XR Turbo mate. I'll post a clip or pic of the mods done over the weekend if I can shake my current CBF'd attitude.

Newest pics after Xmas detail work I've done and a mech who replaced all plugs, leads, oil etc. $300 taken and delivered back, pretty good value Twinkletoes King Corey

Looks pretty good for a near 20yo machine i reckon. Runs beautifully, replaced mirrors as faded and crack (opened up again...grrr) today as had day off with Livi, but can't be bothered moving it again for pics.....ha.

Mech reckons he nudged 200ks in third gear on flat straight at Penna.....well that's great to know!!

FB_IMG_1486102669802.jpg

FB_IMG_1486102575420.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a Mustang down here with blacked out tail lights and tinted fronts.

In red it looked amazing, best I've seen in person, not sure how it'd go with your black Twinkletoes but thought would pass on.

Last edited:
Saw a Mustang down here with blacked out tail lights and tinted fronts.

In red it looked amazing, best I've seen in person, not sure how it'd go with your black Twinkletoes but thought would pass on.

It's on the "to do" list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it's legal. The sequencers I have fitted aren't though but, as you say, who cares?

Ok cool. It's very lenient down here, but i hear in NSW and Vic that cops love pulling cars over and defecting them just to be pains in the arse. You'd be bloody unlucky with the sequencers to get in trouble!

It looks like I'll be driving to and from Adelaide for my next mods Saintly35, as per below, in my gradually shortening list of rectifications which need doing to have it in full US Spec mode as opposed to the rest of the world's version. Lights upgraded to LED's, sequential amber indicating added including side reflectors turned into indicator lights, and the front tri bar reflectors turned into Daytime Running Lights as well as sequential indicators.

Most of the video the guy's toying around with the colour combo's but at the end you'll see the setup I'll have, amber and bright white.

It looks like I'll be driving to and from Adelaide for my next mods Saintly35, as per below, in my gradually shortening list of rectifications which need doing to have it in full US Spec mode as opposed to the rest of the world's version. Lights upgraded to LED's, sequential amber indicating added including side reflectors turned into indicator lights, and the front tri bar reflectors turned into Daytime Running Lights as well as sequential indicators.

Most of the video the guy's toying around with the colour combo's but at the end you'll see the setup I'll have, amber and bright white.

Sounds like a few brilliant mods mate. I reckon getting as close as possible to US spec is great, they are far more lenient/cooler over there with cars....regarding noise levels, lights, height and so on. Sure it might be 'sensible' here, but the car/grunt lover inside me gets annoyed with it!!

So you're heading to SA as no place in Melb/Vic to do what you want to get done TT?

Sounds like a few brilliant mods mate. I reckon getting as close as possible to US spec is great, they are far more lenient/cooler over there with cars....regarding noise levels, lights, height and so on. Sure it might be 'sensible' here, but the car/grunt lover inside me gets annoyed with it!!

So you're heading to SA as no place in Melb/Vic to do what you want to get done TT?

This bloke in SA's considered the best. He's already done many of them and he has many more booked in from all over the country. Much better that than some dude learning as he goes. The removal of the rubber needs an expert hand with the heat gun. He's also adding halo LED DRL's around the front headlights so they look like eyes on either side with the tribars giving them the unique Mustang look.

O/// \\\O

This bloke in SA's considered the best. He's already done many of them and he has many more booked in from all over the country. Much better that than some dude learning as he goes. The removal of the rubber needs an expert hand with the heat gun. He's also adding halo LED DRL's around the front headlights so they look like eyes on either side with the tribars giving them the unique Mustang look.

O/// \\\O

Yep completely agree. Take experience every time when it comes to mechanicals etc.

The guy who did my bike so cheap used to work at Horizon down here (Honda/Yamaha dealer), found off gumtree as starting business so could do it better and probably half the time.

Sounds brilliant and exciting. I've seen a fair few down here, black and ruby red best colours for sure.

Last edited:
Twinkletoes - wouldn't have thought I'd say this but i saw a Mustang I actually didn't really like today! Was a white convertible.......just looked wrong, the colour made it look, well, weird (imho and apologies to lovers of white cars....ha).

As ^ there's quite a few Mustangs down this way. Surprisingly so for a smallish place, but guess just a reflection of how good sales have been, and deservedly so for such a great car for the $$.

All going well with yours?

Here's one Twinkletoes i saw at a small car show here at Salamanca a couple of weeks ago.

Had pretty discreet mods and is used as for a car experience company called "Ultimate".

17493249_1444565302273784_4531959576183556435_o.jpg

Very nice. I can see a few mods there. Seriously, these cars are made for modding.

My next occurs Tuesday week when I drive to Adelaide to have the front lights upgraded significantly to LED's, including working DRL's including fully LED lit tribar lights which also act as amber sequential turning signals, and LED halo lights (like the Beemers), plus a few other such changes. The bloke who's doing it is the go to bloke for this kind of stuff with Stangs. He'll take a day or two so I'll stay with the in-laws and be away most of that week. The drive back will be great with the new bling, which will have it looking far more like the US spec car rather than the watered down version we receive here. The tail lights are already sequential and were recently red wrapped, and it looks much better than the clear lights IMO.

Just springs, subwoofer, and possibly rims and tyres to go after that.

As for the white ones, I've seen some which look sensational BUT they've all been heavily modified and most included stripes of varying colours with a muscle car stance thanks to lowered springs, spacers and huge rims and tyres.

Well Saintly35, I had planned to do the lights in Adelaide next and subwoofer sometime later but, due to an offer I couldn't possibly refuse, my car's now the only new Mustang in Australia to have had the entire sound system upgraded to the premium sound package offered in the US only. All speakers have been upgraded, plus the amp and a subwoofer installed in the boot. All genuine Ford parts also. There's only one dealer in the country who's worked out how to do it, and there was only one full set of the gear required in the entire country. I collected it this arvo in Tullamarine, after they'd installed it overnight and throught today, and the 90 minute drive home was bloody magnificent with the system in full effect. The Adelaide drive will be even better now. I'm blown away by the improvement!

Sorry I missed the earlier post Twinkletoes!

Sounds awesome. The red over the white is so much better for rear lights. Sound/music in a car is underrated, makes the trip much nicer (assuming not wanting to listen to the beast, which I'm guilty of and can hear my $$ being burnt....ha).

I agree Mustang as a base to work with, senstional. My old Turbo is similar (not looks wise) but responds very well to upgrades as so safe at factory level. Yours will benefit from both.

Well that sound system sounds good to me (without hearing it.....ha). I've always upgraded sound on my cars in past, but not my T? Never thought of it actually, maybe too busy paying fuel and repairs! Had to put another reco gearbox in a month ago ($1500), now the rocker gasket has blown (as oil leaked into plugs, coils.......so need rocker gasket replacement, will do full coils and plugs at same time..........700 will get it all done)

She's a top old girl though, smokes HSVs and most overpriced Euro "performance" crap without breaking a sweat, 8 years ownership and no depreciation cost which so many don't factor in. That's what really hurts in car ownership.

In fact the crap so-called "smart" people who buy massively overpriced s**t BMWs and Mercs (just Taxis) astounds me.....

Your Stang will be made even better. Very envious mate!

Ps; do you like classic Mustangs or just modern? Like "Eleanor" etc? I love the old Corvettes.

This would do me ok....ha.

images-1.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back