Toast My New Toy - Note the Colours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mustang looks awesome Twinkletoes

You've done extremely well with mods to be cool/tasteful, not over the top/tacky like i've seen with other Stangs.

As you know i nearly bought a Maloo a year ago, after looking for a couple of years, glad i didn't as bought this Monday night. No comparison even if a touch dearer.

(Fingers crossed) Runs and sounds awesome, it's no Stang etc of course and no comparison, but has 12mth old HSV racing green respray, concave 20s, stainless twin system, mafless tune etc etc - i guess i'm just really happy with it so far, early mid-life crisis.....haha (King Corey)

View attachment 407862

Beautiful wheels man, you should be stoked. Our Holdens will only go up in value as I saw recently the new commodore is front wheel drive ( average model)
let that sink in.

Beautiful wheels man, you should be stoked. Our Holdens will only go up in value as I saw recently the new commodore is front wheel drive ( average model)
let that sink in.

Yeah mate, very happy! (As i'm sure you are with your (awesome) hobby car).

Yeah i hope so NN. Yours far more collectable than mine, but reckon both hold their values or increase.........new Commodore sounds s**t to me, just another boring appliance.

Ps; hence payed more for Maloo than VX/VY ute SS - not much better as a ute etc, if at all, but looks better and far more collectable/rare ; )

Has the awesome Coulson seats also naturally north - very expensive option when new.
They're a bit tired, but still much better than the pretty basic trim HSVs came with at the time.

908_1503131025400.jpeg

Last edited:

Yeah mate, very happy! (As i'm sure you are with your (awesome) hobby car).

Yeah i hope so NN. Yours far more collectable than mine, but reckon both hold their values or increase.........new Commodore sounds s**t to me, just another boring appliance.

Ps; hence payed more for Maloo than VX/VY ute SS - not much better as a ute etc, if at all, but looks better and far more collectable/rare ; )

Smart money mate is always on the best of the model- Your Maloo will return your investment and then some if you look after it.

Mine, I was watching a classic car show a couple of weeks back and this dude reckons the SS VL Group A PP ( polarizer model) will hit *$###,### in the not too distant future. Mind blowing, well for me anyway.They only made around 170 and a few have gone to God. Clint Eastwood has one and apparently wanted to use it in the Gran Torino movie. Not sure a movie called " VL SS Group A Plus Pack", would have resonated with your average American.

$$$ is interesting cause I won't be selling, the wife am sure will have other ideas .lol

Enjoy your new wheels, I won't get to drive mine as much as I would like, has 107K on the clock and I don't wanna blow that out. Ian Tate Brock's mechanic is going to service it next week:) Still owns a business, is pretty much retired but is coming off the bench.

Here ya go. Looks much better than stock. No more wheel arch gap. Red Brembo's sticking out through the shiny black rims. Front halo and tribar lights now work as (LED) Daytime Running Lights and the stock orange reflectors beside the front lights and near the rear are now painted black or red lit. Plus the taillights are red and sequential indicating, as are the front tribar lights. Giddy up!

3921a0ae4f49c8bc381a2ce864b0c64d.jpg

491241548e3208ef40ad11e355b05a65.jpg

56c92ef7c14e71e54ae47955445f4d73.jpg

441a0e205f9157e23e40f87054243576.jpg

574a7a50ea5cccaab1846104dbf8cfd6.jpg
God. Good use of your moderator dollars, TT

Nah, it's a 202 motor. Oringinal motor. So it's a matching numbers car. Needs a freshen up. Something to do in the off season. Did you have a VL.

Even better 202 :D

Yeah I recently purchased a VL ss Plus Pack- found it in New Zealand. Words cannot begin to describe what it feels like to drive. Is original but engine has had a bit of work. Around 240 kilowatts which for a thirty year old car is bloody powerful.

Even better 202 :D

Yeah I recently purchased a VL ss Plus Pack- found it in New Zealand. Words cannot begin to describe what it feels like to drive. Is original but engine has had a bit of work. Around 240 kilowatts which for a thirty year old car is bloody powerful.

Does it have a 3ltr turbo or 308?

View attachment 413825 Don't have a new toy, but an old one trying to get back on the road. I use to drive it to the Friday night games back into the 90's . Torana GTR73

That's ****ing sweet mate.

Worth a bit also. Awesome work.

Mine has none of your collectable value but out of VU Maloos (mine's 145 from memory - many written off etc since then) i'd hope collectable like yours (to a much lower degree etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it have a 3ltr turbo or 308?

4.9lt mate is all they came out with (Brock SS) is now running a Wade cam, ported, polished blue printed and a few other nice bits I have gone back to the old owner who has put me in contact with his engine builder so i can get a list of what it has had done to it.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

And f me the glove box badge had come a bit loose at some point and someone has gone mental with glue:(

Have just read through this thread and enjoying everyone's toys, thought it was time that I shared a pic of mine...

Jeep is an MY14 SRT with the 6.4 litre hemi (344kw / 624nm - so plenty of towing grunt), and the boat is a 19 foot Chaparral with a 250hp Mercruiser.

View attachment 469484
Both mean looking machines. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Very nice on both counts Wayno. :thumbsu:

Where do you store the boat?

Mrs Toes would love to trade in the Range Rover Sport for the soon to arrive in Aus Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (or whatever it's called).

Very nice on both counts Wayno. :thumbsu:

Where do you store the boat?

Mrs Toes would love to trade in the Range Rover Sport for the soon to arrive in Aus Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (or whatever it's called).

The tower folds and the draw-bar is removable, so it gets (literally) shoved into the garage - with about 10mm to spare! But still with enough room for a car to go in as well.

The tower folds and the draw-bar is removable, so it gets (literally) shoved into the garage - with about 10mm to spare! But still with enough room for a car to go in as well.

I have to virtually shoehorn my Mustang into a 1930's sized garage so can only dream of such storage room mate.

My dream is a house with a triple garage on an acre...

The house I grew up in had all that and then some, with the sweeping paved driveway and seperate carport to accommodate multiple cars. I'd kill for that stuff now!

Here ya go. Looks much better than stock. No more wheel arch gap. Red Brembo's sticking out through the shiny black rims. Front halo and tribar lights now work as (LED) Daytime Running Lights and the stock orange reflectors beside the front lights and near the rear are now painted black or red lit. Plus the taillights are red and sequential indicating, as are the front tribar lights. Giddy up!

3921a0ae4f49c8bc381a2ce864b0c64d.jpg

491241548e3208ef40ad11e355b05a65.jpg

56c92ef7c14e71e54ae47955445f4d73.jpg

441a0e205f9157e23e40f87054243576.jpg

574a7a50ea5cccaab1846104dbf8cfd6.jpg
Someone was in a rush to get home tonight, had the pleasure of that mean looking front end right up my back bottom along the Monash!!

Someone was in a rush to get home tonight, had the pleasure of that mean looking front end right up my back bottom along the Monash!!

Was that you in the SRT? You should've waved out the window and said g'day. Great colour and loved the sound BTW mate. I just wanted a closer look at the rear! :D :thumbsu:

You took off at a rate of knots yourself BTW.

Seriously, love the car mate.

Last edited:
Was that you in the SRT? You should've waved out the window and said g'day. Great colour and loved the sound BTW mate. I just wanted a closer look at the rear! :D :thumbsu:

You took off at a rate of knots yourself BTW.

Seriously, love the car mate.
I was going to, but thought that -

(a) might be a bit difficult on the Monash in Friday peak to have a chat, and;
(b) had to double check when I got home to make sure it was you!!!

Would have been a tad embarrassing had I called out "Hey Twinkletoes" and it wasn't you!! Some other bloke in a Stang would have thought I was some random weirdo (which I actually am!!).

Gotta say that especially in my rear view mirror, yours looks seriously tough too!

BTW, in the process or organizing another toy at the moment, just a bit of a process (purchasing from California). More details to come...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back