My player ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

It's what you've all been asking with the flood of PMs asking for my player ratings (well, not really), so here goes. Please agree or disagree. That's what a forum is for.

Grimes: 6.5/10 underrated and showing us all what he can do as our 3rd tall defender.
Prestia: 6/10 I was pleased with Dion's game. Not the gun we thought he would be so far, but with n preseason, he is still bringing others into play.
Martin: 8.5/10 Beast mode again. Clutch goal in the 3rd. 30 touches. Owned the G.
Ellis: 9/10 Wow. Massive game. Put his body on the line, which is something we generally don't associate with Brandon's game. Was BOG in my opinion.
Grigg: 6.5/10 Valuable link up game again. Wasn't quite up to his usual self, but was clearly one of our best.
Riewoldt 4.5/10 Kicking for goal was poor. Great goal in the last term though. Needs to convert better. Don't reckon he's been kicking well since the 2016 bye.
Cotchin: 8/10 Massive skipper's game. Oozed class but also did the hard stoppage work.
Edwards: 7/10 Was busy without being a stand out. But made things happen. I like a 15-touch game from Edwards if what he touches turns to gold.
Astbury: 8/10 Probably our most underrated player. How much this kid has improved is staggering.
Short: 5/10 Provided some run and carry at various times and gets a pass mark. Still learning.
Elton: 3/10 Kicked a goal and brought the ball to ground. Still doesn't offer enough.
Short: 5.5/10 Did his job. Good game without being great. Applied pressure.
Rioli: 4/10 Quiet as he has been for a few weeks now. Still applies plenty of pressure. Money can't buy the type of stuff he does in the forward 50.
Rance: 8/10 Just the best backman in the comp. Gave Cletus a bath.
Caddy: 6.5/10 I liked his game. Doesn't get a lot of it, but he didn't at Geelong either.
Lambert: 5/10 Plays his role. Not the most talented as well all know, but goes within his limitations and does it well. Probably competing with Miles or Townsend as that mid/flanker who goes hard at it.
Nankervis: 7/10 Beaten in the ruck contests as he is most weeks, but his gial in the last was special. Lloyd: 2.5/10 I'm a fan of Lloyd's. But his game last night was pretty bad. He needs to nail any kicks for goal and is just not doing that.
Bolton: 5/10 Tackling machine and I like how he is tracking. He will find himself out of the side for a spell soon, but he and Rioli in our forward 50 will be easy on the eye for years to come.
McIntosh: 6/10 Been a critic of his, but he is making solid decisions with the ball lately and is strong in the contest.
Menadue: 6.5/10 Loved his run and carry.
Castagna: 4/10 Would need more from him. Missed a gettable set shot in the last with an out-on-the-full and that's his job to nail those.

Got some time on your hands tonight? Mrs Tuggs out?
Just still on a high from our annual Dreamtime game where me and five mates take a limo from home to the game and back. 2 Tigers and three Bombers. Great trip home.
Cut me some slack brah.

I didn't realise we had two Shorts with one playing a bit better than the other!:p
*. I knew I screwed something up.
At least you read the post.

(just trying to get my post count up to Groupie's 91,000)

Post your best 22 based on it being a leap year, we've won 2/3 pre-season matches, its a seasonably warm summer and we have a good second KPP forward better than Shane Morrison.

Thanks.

Just still on a high from our annual Dreamtime game where me and five mates take a limo from home to the game and back. 2 Tigers and three Bombers. Great trip home.
Cut me some slack brah.
Was a good win - * I wish we could put a team away though.
Reckon you are spot on with the Rioli and Bolts call....
Natural chemistry between these two is very high.
How much more entertaining are we this year to last!
Plus love the 3 pillars in the back line too.

Was a good win - **** I wish we could put a team away though.
Reckon you are spot on with the Rioli and Bolts call....
Natural chemistry between these two is very high.
How much more entertaining are we this year to last!
Plus love the 3 pillars in the back line too.
I'm genuinely enjoying going to the footy again. I'm 47 years old. A few of those finals years was great to go to the footy, but even in those heartbreaking losses, it's good to go to the game knowing we have kids that will be there for a decade.

Post your best 22 based on it being a leap year, we've won 2/3 pre-season matches, its a seasonably warm summer and we have a good second KPP forward better than Shane Morrison.

Thanks.
Gee we need a 2nd tall forward. Would Vickery be handy right now?

lolz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what you've all been asking with the flood of PMs asking for my player ratings (well, not really), so here goes. Please agree or disagree. That's what a forum is for.

Grimes: 6.5/10 underrated and showing us all what he can do as our 3rd tall defender.
Prestia: 6/10 I was pleased with Dion's game. Not the gun we thought he would be so far, but with n preseason, he is still bringing others into play.
Martin: 8.5/10 Beast mode again. Clutch goal in the 3rd. 30 touches. Owned the G.
Ellis: 9/10 Wow. Massive game. Put his body on the line, which is something we generally don't associate with Brandon's game. Was BOG in my opinion.
Grigg: 6.5/10 Valuable link up game again. Wasn't quite up to his usual self, but was clearly one of our best.
Riewoldt 4.5/10 Kicking for goal was poor. Great goal in the last term though. Needs to convert better. Don't reckon he's been kicking well since the 2016 bye.
Cotchin: 8/10 Massive skipper's game. Oozed class but also did the hard stoppage work.
Edwards: 7/10 Was busy without being a stand out. But made things happen. I like a 15-touch game from Edwards if what he touches turns to gold.
Astbury: 8/10 Probably our most underrated player. How much this kid has improved is staggering.
Short: 5/10 Provided some run and carry at various times and gets a pass mark. Still learning.
Elton: 3/10 Kicked a goal and brought the ball to ground. Still doesn't offer enough.
Rioli: 4/10 Quiet as he has been for a few weeks now. Still applies plenty of pressure. Money can't buy the type of stuff he does in the forward 50.
Caddy: 6.5/10 I liked his game. Doesn't get a lot of it, but he didn't at Geelong either.
Lambert: 5/10 Plays his role. Not the most talented as well all know, but goes within his limitations and does it well. Probably competing with Miles or Townsend as that mid/flanker who goes hard at it.
Nankervis: 7/10 Beaten in the ruck contests as he is most weeks, but his gial in the last was special. Lloyd: 2.5/10 I'm a fan of Lloyd's. But his game last night was pretty bad. He needs to nail any kicks for goal and is just not doing that.
Bolton: 5/10 Tackling machine and I like how he is tracking. He will find himself out of the side for a spell soon, but he and Rioli in our forward 50 will be easy on the eye for years to come.
McIntosh: 6/10 Been a critic of his, but he is making solid decisions with the ball lately and is strong in the contest.
Castagna: 4/10 Would need more from him. Missed a gettable set shot in the last with an out-on-the-full and that's his job to nail those.
tl;dr

#eco

Feel Lambert deserves a little higher than 5, maybe a 6, also Caddy at least a 7, he was a threat all night, if he kicked straight an easy 8.5

Agree with most, happy with the game, happy with how players are tracking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back