My premiership Ladder at the halfway point of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems far fetched I know. But the way footy goes these days anything is possible. This is what I came up with.

TOP 8

Port Adelaide - 8 wins
Geelong - 8 wins
Melbourne - 7 wins
Adelaide - 7 wins
Richmond - 7 wins
ST. Kilda - 7 wins
Essendon - 6 wins
Collingwood - 6 wins

Sydney - 6 wins
WCE - 6 wins
Bulldogs - 6 wins
GWS - 6 wins
Hawks - 5 wins
Freo - 4 wins
Carlton - 4 wins
Lions - 3 wins
Gold Coast - 1 win
North - 1 win

Just two games separating 1st from 12 and 1 game separating 3rd from 12.

Seems far fetched I know. But the way footy goes these days anything is possible. This is what I came up with.

TOP 8

Port Adelaide - 8 wins
Geelong - 8 wins
Melbourne - 7 wins
Adelaide - 7 wins
Richmond - 7 wins
ST. Kilda - 7 wins
Essendon - 6 wins
Collingwood - 6 wins

Sydney - 6 wins
WCE - 6 wins
Bulldogs - 6 wins
GWS - 6 wins
Hawks - 5 wins
Freo - 4 wins
Carlton - 4 wins
Lions - 3 wins
Gold Coast - 1 win
North - 1 win

Just two games separating 1st from 12 and 1 game separating 3rd from 12.

You really wanted Geelong - 9 wins, didnt you? But couldnt quite make yourself type it in? I bet you ummed and ahhed over it too.

I hope we are one of the Lions wins.

You really wanted Geelong - 9 wins, didnt you? But couldnt quite make yourself type it in? I bet you ummed and ahhed over it too.

I hope we are one of the Lions wins.
hehehe. I was going to put Lions as win against you, but I went the other way. Like seasons gone by there will be games you win that you're expected to lose, and vice versa. I gave you the win against WCE and Melbourne also, maybe Roos and Carlton I think it was. Wanted to give Melbourne the win against you. but you guys the wins against the swans. Kinda evens out.

I struggle to believe that we will be level on wins with GWS.
You would have also struggled to believe that Sydney would start 0-6 last year, and start slow like they did in 2006. Hawks were 4-4 in 2015 weren't they? slow starters in another premiership year.

It's not about how you start but how you finish in any case. Regardless, things don't always go as expected. Especially early on. You guys were amongst the firm favourites in 2013 and 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of spare time on your hands ey?

What would have been more important to start a thread was your premiership ladder after round 15. Why? Because it's just after round 15. :p

1. Saints 15-7
2. Cats 15-7
3. Richmond 14-8
4. Melbourne 14-8
5. Adelaide 14-8
6. GWS 14-8
7. Port 13-9
8. Bulldogs 13-9
---------------------
9. Collingwood 13-9

Pies lose last game away to Freo and miss the 8 as consequence :eek:{ 2008 revisited but still made the 8 }

Wouldn't that be something. Resembling the 1997 AFL ladder somewhat with Saints and Cats 1&2 with 15-7 records and 3 interstate sides in there. This means Crows win the flag! 1993 Season similarities also.

Would be a cracking season if it were this close. 3 new teams going in and top two losing 7 games, bit far fetched Macpotata:rainbow:

Saints vs Dees - Dees upset em
Cats vs Tigers - Cats to s**t themselves. Again.
Crows vs Dogs - Crows get the chocolates after previous finals heartache the year before. Still have the doggies measure in finals.
GWS vs Port - Port

Semi Finals

Saints vs Crows - Crows
Cats vs Port - Cats

Prelim Finals

Melbourne vs Geelong - Melbourne:eek:
Richmond vs Adelaide - Richmond

Grand Final

Melbourne vs Richmond

Melbourne

2018 Premiers - Melbourne Demons!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We will be lucky to win 6 games all year
should at least get 8 wins. I was iffy on the Pies too especially with Buckley, I don't rate him. But each season brings new things. Things don't necessarily stay the same. I thought Richmond and Hardwick were giant hacks too and look what they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back