Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Yep, which seems to be in line with what some footy people are saying about a late June start.
I mean the eastern states still the issue. If they start testing like we are in the next couple weeks we will have a much greater idea of when footy might start

I think our international borders stay closed until years end at least.

Sounds like SA is being well run.

I just had a phone call from police checking in on location of positive test people. They asked if I was at my house.
NSW public health didn’t pass on information that I was at a quarantine hotel.
Agencies clearly not talking to each other.
Hmmm that’s definitely concerning. I also don’t get why NSW are so hesitant to report recoveries on a regular basis, are they actually doing this testing?

I mean the eastern states still the issue. If they start testing like we are in the next couple weeks we will have a much greater idea of when footy might start

I think our international borders stay closed until years end at least.
I think the eastern states have started the expanded testing before us (well at least Victoria I think).

That is disgusting. WHO is clearly Chinas mouth peice. With what funding though? The chief being paid off? Should be investigated by international law enforcement.
Just bare in mind that he is using quotes/articles from the Daily Mail for his comments here..

on a scale of reliability and credibility.. out of 10 the Daily Mail scores around 0-1... Wikipedia has even banned the use of quotes from the DM on their pages As they judged the DM to have very little credibility!.. wikipedia FFS!.. let that sink in for a minute..

I don't understand the 15 minute rule.

Apparently it only notifies you if you've been near someone with the virus for at least 15 minutes.

I was equally baffled by the 30 minute hairdresser rule.

Are there scientific studies out there showing the virus suddenly attacks after 15 minutes or 30 minutes?

What is the scientific basis behind this?

Because if the virus doesn't kindly wait 15 minutes before landing on you the app is useless junk.
There was evidence early on that a high majority of cases had come from people who have been exposed to the virus for prolonged periods, so yes I think that 15 minute rule is somewhat correct. As it’s not an airborne virus, I guess the prolonged contact makes it a greater risk for it to transmit from human to human.

Just bare in mind that he is using quotes/articles from the Daily Mail for his comments here..

on a scale of reliability and credibility.. out of 10 the Daily Mail scores around 0-1... Wikipedia has even banned the use of quotes from the DM on their pages As they judged the DM to have very little credibility!.. wikipedia FFS!.. let that sink in for a minute..
So how about you supply a link or evidence to refute those numbers?

Jesus Christ. How is it fair that you can't ask tenants prove financial hardship? Wtf is unreasonable about that? If they haven't actually lost their jobs, why should they be entitled to lower rent? This is an absolute disaster. Tenants will just stop paying rent.
Qld Labour 🤪

So how about you supply a link or evidence to refute those numbers?
Its not up to me to provide you with credible and reliable sources to back up what you post on here.. that is on you.

its on you to provide credible sources to back your posts.. the Daily Mail isnt worth wiping your arse with let alone quoting from..

Last edited:
I have little sympathy for landlords given it's just an investment for them... but these laws are legit garbage. Rushed, flawed, and unfair.
Just an investment.
this is the entirety of my retirement savings. I have no superannuation or shares everything I own is in property plus just gave 58% of the overall portfolio to my x wife in cash via a stonking great loan. I don’t share your cavalier attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

different sort of tenant choosing not to pay

that’s ridiculous because maccas and hungry jack are making a motza as no restaurants are open essentially. Took me 20 mins in the drive through yesterday with cars 5 deep by 2 lines.

that’s ridiculous because maccas and hungry jack are making a motza as no restaurants are open essentially. Took me 20 mins in the drive through yesterday with cars 5 deep by 2 lines.

You really need to reevaluate your eating choices.

There are many restaurants open for takeaway thats offering far better quality and reasonably priced.

There was evidence early on that a high majority of cases had come from people who have been exposed to the virus for prolonged periods, so yes I think that 15 minute rule is somewhat correct. As it’s not an airborne virus, I guess the prolonged contact makes it a greater risk for it to transmit from human to human.
Think you're living on outdated info BACCS old chap.

There was that choir where 45 out of 60 got infected despite all the usual hand sanitizing etc.

Since then it's more accepted that it lingers in the air.

You really need to reevaluate your eating choices.

There are many restaurants open for takeaway thats offering far better quality and reasonably priced.
It's true but the good places aren't open 24 hours. I'm one of those people who doesn't plan his day out and I often forget dinner until it's too late to get anything decent.

You mean the lease? No, she is not on the lease

Some people have no idea how share housing works

We aren't all nuclear families

------

My old housemate's situation was a weird one. She lives in Hobart with her husband and son. She worked at Tullermarine Airport Mon-Thurs with Tiger operations - she'd fly to Melb monday morning, stay at our place in the room she rented mon-wed and fly back to Hobart thurs night

Tiger gone bust so she lost her job - she still has her expenses at her family house in Hobart - it's a s**t situation for everyone but it's not as simple as her going to Centrelink to pay rent for my place - she needs that for her house in Tasmania

That's also why at this stage she can't come get her stuff - we're trying to sort a storage place at the moment

you should be able to get another tenant because some might go from a sole lesser situation to a share house to save costs.

Think you're living on outdated info BACCS old chap.

There was that choir where 45 out of 60 got infected despite all the usual hand sanitizing etc.

Since then it's more accepted that it lingers in the air.

Hmm ok didn’t hear about that, thanks.

Like I said, I don't think Queensland are purposefully legalizing squatting, it's a consequence of their poorly written law
My agent has told me to write to as many relevant people about this before it’s legislated. I would hope some balancing changes are made.

Was chatting with somebody from Wisconsin. In the 2018 elections for the Wisconsin State Assembly (which consists of 99 seats), Democrats got 52.99% of the statewide vote while Republicans got 44.75%, but with the way the districts are gerrymandered that led to the Republicans having 63seats and the Democrats having 36.

It's totally f’ed up. So glad we don't have to deal with that s**t here.
???... the National party gets around 4-6% of the overall vote in this country yet have 21 seats/senators in federal parliament!..

and most of them are Just as mad as the republican loonies in the US..

It's true but the good places aren't open 24 hours. I'm one of those people who doesn't plan his day out and I often forget dinner until it's too late to get anything decent.

Depending on where you live, there are restaurants in town that open past midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back