Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Won't be surprised if some major things come from this (also wouldn't be surprised if all the Vic teams are the first to be bailed out and the rest of us just have to find a way to make it work on our own)

So many clubs are going to be on life support for a long time after this is all said and done.
Does that mean the end of hearing " Never tear us apart."

Those of us who have accounting and balance sheet experience, to what extent is the AFC in trouble financially if the AFL season gets cancelled outright? I'm 80% certain this season will not be played to conclusion (i.e. there will be no 2020 men's premiers).
There will be no GF anyway, but the cup has already been engraved and the yellow and black ribbons tied on.

Does the AFL think it can now move the GF this year if no one other than players are going to be there? If only this happened in 2019 or 2017!

This is the evidence that our countries CMO is ignoring or saying doesn't exist. I would like to see a journalist quote that at him next time he pulls out the line in a press conference that there is no evidence that closing schools works.

They said that closing schools is problematic in terms of grandparents or required professionals having to stay home with them and not being able to deploy their skills where needed. Kids should be forced to go to school and be made to stay there. Little disease carriers that they are.

Yes, ideal opportunity for AFL to reset and become a TRUE national elite competition.

Take a year off then send Norf, Saints, Bulldogs & Melbourne to the VFL along with Fitzroy and a few other teams.

Disband GC, setup the Tassie side.

Next year, 26 rounds = play every side twice, WOW a fair competition!!!

No preseason games, no bye rounds and limit each player to 24 H&A matches.

The player and club decides when to rest players - would add interest as could become quite tactical when players take their week off.

What will actually happen is that the AFL will borrow to keep the poor clubs alive and a repayment tax levied on the money making clubs to help pay it all back.

The scary thing is that we've gone from around 135 cases on Thursday to now having over 350 cases and it's 3:30pm on Monday.

1-2 weeks and we'll be into the 1000s.

The only glimmer of hope for Adelaide is that no one ever wants to come here anyway so I actually think there's a good chance that SA could be one of the least impacted areas of the country.

Its times like this that I'm really happy we bought a Esports team!

View attachment 840491
Unfortunately, the second day of the OPL was cancelled last weekend. Not sure what is going to happen this week. Might be set up to play from the team houses, rather than the studio?

What will you do when your tenant can't afford rent because their bar shifts have been taken away?

I’ll be exactly where I am under your plan, owing money and accruing interest on a property not generating me any income. Not that I’d rent my house to a bartender. The couple that are living there for the next 3 months run a supermarket, they’ve got no foreseeable income concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scary thing is that we've gone from around 135 cases on Thursday to now having over 350 cases and it's 3:30pm on Monday.

1-2 weeks and we'll be into the 1000s.

The only glimmer of hope for Adelaide is that no one ever wants to come here anyway so I actually think there's a good chance that SA could be one of the least impacted areas of the country.

Is there a stat somewhere of how many of our cases have now recovered? I keep hearing we've got 300+ cases, but how many of those are still active and how many have recovered? I'd also be interested to hear what the re-infection rate is globally, if not locally.

What will actually happen is that the AFL will borrow to keep the poor clubs alive and a repayment tax levied on the money making clubs to help pay it all back.

That's exactly what they will do.

This shut down gives them the perfect "excuse" to enact real change.

Shame we don't have people with gumption heading the AFL.

Is there a stat somewhere of how many of our cases have now recovered? I keep hearing we've got 300+ cases, but how many of those are still active and how many have recovered? I'd also be interested to hear what the re-infection rate is globally, if not locally.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I've been going by this site, but there's a lag between when they're reported and when they appear on here.

News.com.au has as now at over 350 so that site hasn't yet been updated with our new numbers, but according to that site yesterday we had 300 cases in total, 27 of them had recovered, 5 deaths.

Worldwide

169k cases

and the active cases have once again over taken the recovered cases.

85k active cases and 84k closed ones.

I’ll be exactly where I am under your plan, owing money and accruing interest on a property not generating me any income. Not that I’d rent my house to a bartender. The couple that are living there for the next 3 months run a supermarket, they’ve got no foreseeable income concerns.
And access to toilet paper

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I've been going by this site, but there's a lag between when they're reported and when they appear on here.

News.com.au has as now at over 350 so that site hasn't yet been updated with our new numbers, but according to that site yesterday we had 300 cases in total, 27 of them had recovered, 5 deaths.

Worldwide

169k cases

and the active cases have once again over taken the recovered cases.

85k active cases and 84k closed ones.

This one is the one many health professionals are using - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html. They list SA as 20 cases with 3 recovered and 17 still active. Australian cases are at 297 but due to the site being based in the US there is a lag time on the reporting they can do.

That one is only due to the fact that we just moved out of it. The other one is rented via Airbnb and Homeaway, so no freeloaders there.
So you have TWO investment properties!

I suppose you have a stockpile of toilet paper and rice in your bunker as well

Unfortunately, the second day of the OPL was cancelled last weekend. Not sure what is going to happen this week. Might be set up to play from the team houses, rather than the studio?
Surely e-sports is the best candidate to continue during a shut down!

"A team of Australian researchers say they’ve found a cure for the novel coronavirus and hope to have patients enrolled in a nationwide trial by the end of the month.
University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research director Professor David Paterson told news.com.au today they have seen two drugs used to treat other conditions wipe out the virus in test tubes.
He said one of the medications, given to some of the first people to test positive for COVID-19 in Australia, had already resulted in “disappearance of the virus” and complete recovery from the infection.
Prof Paterson, who is also an infectious disease physician at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, said it wasn’t a stretch to label the drugs “a treatment or a cure”.
“It’s a potentially effective treatment,” he said.
“Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy.”
The drugs are both already registered and available in Australia."

Interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back