Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Why have the AFL cancelled the VFL/WAFL/SANFL, local footy, Auskick if there is no additional risk attached to playing AFL games without spectators?

Apparently there were no additional risks attached to 200,000 people turning up to watch NRL last week but now it is a prudent measure to go without spectators.

The key differences are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Are you suggesting that $$$$$ aren’t a factor when determining control measures to risks of worker health and safety? Look it up, it’s specifically mentioned in the regs. $$$$ are not to be dismissed, at least in terms of business killing, that’s actually written into law when assessing risk. You’re miles off here. AFL are doing nothing wrong here and this will be proven in time. They will shut down when required.

So, people who are raiding supermarkets and fighting ove bog roll are acting out of a rational concern, based on a well thought through critique of the government's approach to the issue?

Pull the other one.

It's obvious you don't think much of ScoMo, fair enough, but it's ridiculous to think that the sort of moronic feral behaviour we are seeing is somehow a result of reasonable intelligent people acting out of a considered lack of faith in the strategy.

They could close all the schools tomorrow (or whatever you think they should do) and those idiots would still be stripping the shelves.
Well said, soon ScoMo will be blamed for being the original source of the virus.

The pile on from so self professed experts on here is laughable.

Are you suggesting that $$$$$ aren’t a factor when determining control measures to risks of worker health and safety? Look it up, it’s specifically mentioned in the regs. $$$$ are not to be dismissed, at least in terms of business killing, that’s actually written into law when assessing risk. You’re miles off here. AFL are doing nothing wrong here and this will be proven in time. They will shut down when required.
Correct the only reason we aren’t if full lock down is $$$$ which is fair enough.
$ affects everything.

To me it’s simple, the AFL, clubs and players are hoping to be able to isolate their participants from society and punch out a 17 game plus finals season. If it fails, it won’t be responsible for progressing Corona. This is an industry that will have isolated itself well ahead of the CMO’s recommendations. So Corona might get in, but it won’t be getting out. If they get it done they’ve averted complete and utter financial annihilation. If they don’t, then their higher than norm protocols will result in minimal transmission outside of the participants. Who all consciously accept the risk/reward scenario. As we all do.
I saw the Crouch brothers and Tex in Henley square Sunday.

They are not living in isolation. At least not last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Simple solution.

Postpone (reality cancel the season) season and guarantee every player $200k. Those under that their normal pay.

Shut down all clubs for the period. Limit expenses.

The AFL should be able to sustain this.

In a month's time there will be a lot of businesses wiped out and few will care about the AFL

Why? The AFL have self-isolated, they may get through this without a player or player contact staffer testing positive. What would be wrong with that? The globe has bigger problems than whether the AFL has successfully isolated itself from the 1,000 cases in Australia. If they haven’t, cancel then, SFA transmission damage done given their isolation protocols. One thing that you can guarantee, whatever the spread rate is in the general population will be far greater than what comes out from the closed AFL system.

Why have the AFL cancelled the VFL/WAFL/SANFL, local footy, Auskick if there is no additional risk attached to playing AFL games without spectators?

Apparently there were no additional risks attached to 200,000 people turning up to watch NRL last week but now it is a prudent measure to go without spectators.

The key differences are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Does this mean you won’t watch? I can bet the people complaining about this going ahead will still watch every minute of it, while still whining about it going ahead. I’m still allowed to go to work in an office of over 100 people, people are still allowed on PT, people are mostly still allowed at gyms, so why can’t AFL go ahead?

The lower leagues can’t control their players like professional clubs can, that’s the big difference. If they were told by the Chief Medical Officer it would be irresponsible to play right now, do you think they would’ve risked being sued by players and still gone ahead? I don’t think so.

A lot of people just want something to look forward to atm, it’s pretty ******* grim talking about this virus almost every minute of the day right now.

What happened to all the tests and trials that were supposed to happen before this point?
If they are using a drug that has gone through for other reasons/illnesses, that negates some of those trials required. It might be poor journalism/ marketing team to call it a vaccine when it might be a drug to combat some of the symptoms (which is what some of those claiming to be a vaccine really are)

Why? The AFL have self-isolated, they may get through this without a player or player contact staffer testing positive. What would be wrong with that? The globe has bigger problems than whether the AFL has successfully isolated itself from the 1,000 cases in Australia. If they haven’t, cancel then, SFA transmission damage done given their isolation protocols. One thing that you can guarantee, whatever the spread rate is in the general population will be far greater than what comes out from the closed AFL system.
Have they self isolated?

Yes the clubs have skeleton staff. But has every player truly isolated.themselves and their immediate family?

Go to training,.go home. Dont visit mates or.extended family. Spouse also not.working kids not in school.

That is what isolation is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would all depend if the players got paid and if they had to pay back the tv rights for the year.
Now I'm debating in my head whether I would give a s**t if the AFL went bankrupt.
giphy.gif

I want to say a few words about mental health. I don't work with a lot of other people in an office, so I don't see it day to day, but Mrs Arrowman tells me some people in her office, especially younger people, are showing signs of genuine anxiety and stress - not just reasonable concern or caution, but genuinely frightened. A worry.

Nah. There is nothing any government could do / say / announce that would cause such people to behave rationally. Heck, there are plenty of people on this forum alone who disagree strongly with what the govt is doing, but they're not taking buses to regional towns so they can raid the supermarkets.

The younger people are too used to s**t going their way. Their culture shock is at the highest end of the scale. But only because they’ve been pandered to more than any other generation that preceded them. When they’re running the show you can bet their sense of entitlement will result in them ******* the planet worse than the boomers. They talk it, they won’t live it.

Does this mean you won’t watch? I can bet the people complaining about this going ahead will still watch every minute of it, while still whining about it going ahead. I’m still allowed to go to work in an office of over 100 people, people are still allowed on PT, people are mostly still allowed at gyms, so why can’t AFL go ahead?

The lower leagues can’t control their players like professional clubs can, that’s the big difference. If they were told by the Chief Medical Officer it would be irresponsible to play right now, do you think they would’ve risked being sued by players and still gone ahead? I don’t think so.

A lot of people just want something to look forward to atm, it’s pretty ******* grim talking about this virus almost every minute of the day right now.
As much as I disagree with the games going ahead. I will watch it.

I probably am overeacting a bit.

I guess may as well have a bit of fun now before being isolated is a real thing....

They're doing it to make as much money as they can before it inevitably gets cancelled so they don't go bankrupt

“they” is them, clubs, players and the support staff that underpins the entire s**t show. It’s nit just the commissioners, the participants have chosen to forge ahead. What do you think is behind their decisions?

Should the crows be thinking about draft picks if its a 1 round season? I would play all the kids. Surely draft picks would go off last year's results but that would benefit gold coast again.

I don't mind the season going ahead, and even without crowds an injection of some kind of normality might be good for morale. The dilemma is that overseas pro leagues are shutting up shop, so it remains to be seen whether this move is one of genius or just foolhardy.

I don't think the league will but it may force a few clubs to the wall
Was thinking it might be an opportunity to cull the number of Victorian teams. One player being infected will likely be enough to end the season, unless a state decides to stop interstate travel first.

WA Premier rejects call to close state borders
West Australian Premier Mark McGowan has rejected a call from some of the state's top doctors to effectively shut down interstate travel to and from WA in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Some of the highest ranking medical staff on the front line at Fiona Stanley, Royal Perth and Sir Charles Gairdner hospitals, a group known as the Combined Medical Leads Group, made the recommendation to the WA Health COVID-19 Taskforce. "The Combined Medical Leads Group recommends that every mechanism to 'flatten the curve' with respect to the spread of COVID-19 be initiated in WA," the group said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back