Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Still doubling every 3 days, or close to it. Don't forget that there's a compounding effect.
12 March - 156
15 March - 298 (up 91%)
18 March - 566 (up 90%)

That's just the reported cases...

Actually you're right, I completely overlooked the compounding of the numbers :$

The problem is that distribution centres can't keep up with this level of purchasing.
They don't have enough trucks, drivers, dock doors to attach trucks to at any given time, machinery to use for picking and loading the stock, room in the dc's for the movement of this level of stock. Christmas is a nightmare enough and that is a build up over a few weeks followed by a final few days of real craziness. The amounts being sold are way above Christmas figures, day after day for weeks on end now.
I wonder if there is a ‘saturation point’ where the small percentage of doomsdayers can’t stock up any more, and things return to normal. If so, is it 2,3 or more weeks away?

It'd be pretty funny if the panicked upper middle class white soccer mums at my local supermarket buying ridiculous amounts of beans and pasta were actually Chinese sleeper agents
As I said, there’s clearly been panic buying by all sections of the community.

It was a targeted start though with a few more items going on the baby formula list.

You've missed the point completely. No one's saying people are rational. That's why you need strong leadership in a crisis.

When you don't get strong leadership you end up with people freaking out because they can sense a crisis and doubt the abilities of the leadership and start thinking they need to take care of themselves. Which is what we're seeing.
OK, fair comment, I will allow that. :) However
- I do think that a lot of commentary / opinion on this is coloured by people's opinion of the leader / politician in question.
- The media can cop some of the blame, too.
- Winston Churchill himself couldn't help these people.

Thats because we dont have test kits. You only get tested if you are from oversees or had contact with someone from overseas.
The real number will be well in the thousands.
We got 100 000 test kits yesterday. How far do you think thats going to get us. A week max.

nup virtually all these cases have occurred in the last few weeks in an already heightened awareness environment. I think it will be contained fairly rapidly. These are known vulnerable people just waiting for symptoms on arrivals home which would have been quite careful by this stage.
anyone coming home now will be full isolated so not likely to pass it on.

Player welfare?

The players voted to do it, demonstrating they do in fact have the intelligence of footballers*

It was a little interesting when the PM, Scott Morrison, said the AFL were doing everything asked of them, but it was up to them if they proceeded with the season. Meanwhile, the AFL says they will only stop if the PM, Scott Morrison, says they need to stop.

There's only one thing here which definitely won't stop...and it's the thing we are trying to stop

Hear the sound of something sucking? That's a leadership vacuum.

In the last 24 hrs 475 people died in Italy.

It’s a tin eared, poor decision by the AFL.

People, business everywhere are and will suffer economically in the quest to manage this crisis.

The AFL have acted only in the interest of themselves, the clubs and players with no regard for the wider community.

If they play 2-3 rounds and say, 2-3 players contract the virus, how many players will have to be tested? How many limited supply test kits wasted?

How many at risk people become infected through transmission from an AFL player who got it from another AFL player.

This is deadly serious and the AFL has put themselves above the community.

The players have once again shown what we already know about them - they are selfish brats with zero regard for anyone but themselves.

source.gif

WTF, where did you get that? Cops should go in there and take 90% back.

Actually read Dutton is going after them, apparently organised gangs buying up and reselling on black market to China.

That footage of them loading up on formula was shocking.

Last edited:
Very interesting information out of a small town in Italy. Only 1 death so far. How did that happen in Italy? Mass testing from the very start by the University of Padua. Those who were asymptomatic (ie. no visible symptoms) were able to be identified and then isolated in quarantine. This is similar to Singapore. While they didn't close schools, they tested fast and wide and identified the asymptomatic people to ensure they could slow the virus spread. That's what journalists need to question our officials and Medical Officers about when they keep spruiking that Singapore didn't close schools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting information out of a small town in Italy. Only 1 death so far. How did that happen in Italy? Mass testing from the very start by the University of Padua. Those who were asymptomatic (ie. no visible symptoms) were able to be identified and then isolated in quarantine. This is similar to Singapore. While they didn't close schools, they tested fast and wide and identified the asymptomatic people to ensure they could slow the virus spread. That's what journalists need to question our officials and Medical Officers about when they keep spruiking that Singapore didn't close schools.

Wouldnt be possible in Adelaide at least, we dont have the facilities to cover it

Should publicly disclose their address. Let the angry mob do the rest.
That shipment would already be gone.

Dutton making some noise this morning about prosecuting profiteers. It’s prob too late, they’ve completely altered the normal shoppers psyche.

Restrictions don’t help as they are large organised groups. Until much tougher government regulations are enacted this will continue.

UK doctors treating Covid-19 reporting their PPE has been downgraded from FFP3 masks (which offer high levels of respiratory protection), visors, surgical gowns and two pairs of gloves each to a plain surgical face mask which are useless in this situation, short gloves and a plastic apron.
They are receiving PPE which is out of date and some expiry dates have been deliberately concealed.
Masks that should last half a day have to last at least a week in other places.

Many are already getting sick in UK alone, 2 doctors are on Ecmo heart and lung machines which breathe for you and pump your heart as a last resort.
Many are questioning if they can continue on working, mainly due to the almost guarantee they will be infected.
Wait until the swarm of patients start. :(

Many doctors/nurses are already infected in the USA, like Italy, like the others.
Almost 1/4 of doctors in Lombardy are infected.
Italian Federation of General Practitioners has double pneumonia.
Same stories everywhere.
What a mess this is going to be.

I'd have no problems with an angry mob ******* their s**t up. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
100%

These people need to be held to account, dare I say it I wasnt surprised to see that particular ethnicity either.

Itll probably get me into trouble but reality is its true.

OK, fair comment, I will allow that. :) However
- I do think that a lot of commentary / opinion on this is coloured by people's opinion of the leader / politician in question.
- The media can cop some of the blame, too.
- Winston Churchill himself couldn't help these people.
Well I voted for him. But his leadership in 2 crises has been awful. He's a dead duck at this point.

Agree re the media. Maximum fear from them.

Well I voted for him. But his leadership in 2 crises has been awful. He's a dead duck at this point.

Agree re the media. Maximum fear from them.
Hey at least you can admit it and you didn't degrade yourself by changing your avatar to a picture of Scomo after the election like certain other people around here.

To keep this in perspective almost all 600 or so cases are returned travelers or people having close contact with them. This exponential increase is not really exponential passing it on its exponential returning travelers. Like one guy in Brisbane was drinking his mates drink , while regaling in his buddies oats sowing conquests of Italy, 😂 that’s asking for trouble.
Because they are only testing returned travellers or people with contact. They have no idea what the community transmission is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back