Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's not a certainty like a lot of people seem to believe
I think the vaccine will be faster than the Spanish flu which took 2 years to develop nearly 100 years ago, likely 12-18 months (as most scientist have been suggesting).

I think you’re going to find some civil unrest pretty soon if the cases are super low and the. Restrictions are draconian
The government will likely lift the restriction in 6 weeks time but the boarders and especially overseas travel will be still in place until a vaccine so it will ease the local economy.

I think the vaccine will be faster than the Spanish flu which took 2 years to develop nearly 100 years ago, likely 12-18 months (as most scientist have been suggesting).

I looked up your claim of a Spanish flu vaccine in 2 years and found it to be incorrect.

Apparently scientists weren't even aware influenza was a virus until the 1930s and the first flu vaccine of any kind wasn't developed until the 1940s.

During the Spanish flu pandemic scientists were more concerned with fighting a bacteria they thought was causing the flu, which was incorrect of course, as it was a virus not a bacteria.

The actual timeline from the start of the Spanish flu outbreak to the first ever influenza vaccine being widely available (in 1945) was 27 years

Last edited:
I looked up your claim of a Spanish flu vaccine in 2 years and found it to be incorrect.

Apparently scientists weren't even aware influenza was a virus until the 1930s and the first flu vaccine of any kind wasn't developed until the 1940s.

During the Spanish flu pandemic scientists were more concerned with fighting a bacteria they thought was causing the flu, which was incorrect of course, as it was a virus not a bacteria
I remember I saw the graph of the death rate for the Spanish flu and thought a vaccine was created but the virus seem to have just "disappeared"?

Anyone heard how the Russians are going? They don't seem to get much of a mention - are their data treated as a state secret by Putin?

Ed. Ok, I stand corrected - 10131 cases, 76 deaths currently.

As a person who has spent a fair deal of time over there that last three years, you can be assured of the following:

1) their numbers are absolute b.s

2) they are much more likely aligned with europe numbers wise and probably closer to the USA

3) they are especially adept at hiding illnesses and death in their hospitals—for instance, routine sicknesses that would be at most outpatient in the western world—often require isolation on hospital floors for a week at a time.

4) Putin has appeared 3x on national tv but largely allowed each region to control how it responds

5) most regions are on lockdown

6) the fact most of their citizenry reside in apartment buildings—for the rank and file, and that their residences are essentially individual “cubes” inside these buildings—they are at particular risk. These buildings share ventilation systems and heat is turned on/off centrally for entire building.

7) People I know there are concerned same as rest of us. Everyone doing things remotely, etc...

Overall, will be difficult to ever ascertain how bad it is or was

I did some squats tonight GreyCrow :$

091e0cabef99d74a2f17747928001ea7.gif

Then I hit the bench

DigitalDarkAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-max-1mb.gif

Followed by deadlifts

DimRareBobolink-size_restricted.gif

I remember I saw the graph of the death rate for the Spanish flu and thought a vaccine was created but the virus seem to have just "disappeared"?

The theory is that it infected anywhere from 500 million to 1 billion people out of a world population below 2 billion. At that point it's reaching herd immunity levels, the known herd immunity threshold for influenza is around 30-45% of the population

During the Spanish flu pandemic scientists were more concerned with fighting a bacteria they thought was causing the flu, which was incorrect of course, as it was a virus not a bacteria.

The actual timeline from the start of the Spanish flu outbreak to the first ever influenza vaccine being widely available (in 1945) was 27 years

Maybe, but they didn't have the Pete Evans "My Kitchen Rules Coronavirus, Thingymajig"

"1st documentary movie on the origin of CCP virus, Tracking Down the Origin of the Wuhan Coronavirus" on YouTube

Very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just when you Aussies thought you might get the virus under control...

Here comes the...well, I will let this noted medical expert explain...

Just when you Aussies thought you might get the virus under control...

Here comes the...well, I will let this noted medical expert explain...

I can imagine the meeting before this and Trump - looking for solutions - asks ''what about antibiotics - whats wrong with using them they are good'' only to be told the germs are getting better - and like a flywheel stuck on one speed its all he can think of when facing the press - that is the highest ever best rated press conferences mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back