Opinion My take on the times

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
2017-2020 was tiger times. Apart for 2018 in which richmond should have won it in 2018 as well.

These times are over.

I feel 2021 and 2022 are tranistional times or a transitional era bit like 2016 when it was just after the Hawks 3 peat years and before tiger times.

But instead of 1 year 2016 its 2 years 2021 and 2022.

I can not see a dynasty for Melbourne though even though they won in 2021 and had another good year in 2022 just cant see it and Geelong will be getting old and on far too much in 2023.

2023 i see as the first year since 2020 we start to see the real next era or dynasty.

Im not sure on which team as yet.

i have these as the possible next big things as in the next big dynasty.

I know i will have plenty of people disagree with me but I think its Collingwood.

To be honest they have now thier house in order at least and at last.

united group there as well.

New and refreshed footy department and of course a strong and huge supporter base means huge membership means they can afford to invest into a successfull and well run footy department.

So I have Collingwood.

As said it might not happen in 2023 but if not 2024 if not that 2025 but sooner or later they will win a flag.

Just have to happen something will crack they will win the flag. Just needs a good run and they are there.

Another team i like are these 3:

Sydney Swans,
Freemantle

For the interstate teams. Dont forget as a person living in Melbourne these teams do fly under the radar they like are the great unknowen.

As in the Vic teams i have:

Carlton yes the blues are due same as Pies they still have a big supporter base and they too have got their house in order as well. I could say the same for Essendon but they have a long way to go a long way for them.
Saint Kilda are starting to do good things and now Lyon is back i can see them rise again.
I have a feeling that North under Clarkson will be a riser. More likely later on in the decade.
Melbourne kind of there as well they will be more up and down though.
As said Richmond and Geelong have 1 more year left in them as been a truly good teams and in 2024 the cliff is all thiers. Still play in finals in 2023. Bit of a last chance soloon.

Theres not much to write home about for the Vic teams to be honest i feel we could see a nice run of interstate premierships this decade as well.

I feel we could see up to 3 years in a row of the flag been outside Victoria.

it would not surprise me.

I can see this new Tassie team to make finals in its first year as well when ever a tassie team plays in the afl.

By the end of this decade i can see the Suns and possibly GWS to exit the AFL comp more so Suns.

its will be an interesting decade the 2020s.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
By the end of this decade i can see the Suns and possibly GWS to exit the AFL comp more so Suns.
Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know i will have plenty of people disagree with me but I think its Collingwood.

New and refreshed footy department and of course a strong and huge supporter base means huge membership means they can afford to invest into a successfull and well run footy department.

So I have Collingwood.

As said it might not happen in 2023 but if not 2024 if not that 2025 but sooner or later they will win a flag.

Just have to happen something will crack they will win the flag. Just needs a good run and they are there.
Impossible to argue with.

Do we make it to 20 flags before 2030?

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
We would all love to see our team become the next "Dynasty" team. That is the dream as a footy fan to see the jumper you love hold up that shiny silver beer chugging device high on the podium, 3 times within 5 years would qualify. What a great period of time that would be. I wish for this all the time, that and walking into my bedroom to see two supermodels lying on my quilt covers...but that dream is for another thread.

In all honesty I think it will be quite a while before we see another dynasty team, I don't think any club has one in the making at the moment. When it does happen footy gods, so let it be the lads from the Carringbush.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like the fact that there's no retirements of good players looming at Collingwood and that they are somehow going to have the best footy department in the league.

Pies set for a decade long dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next minute, tigers win 2023 premiership

my call for 2023

Kane Cornes - to win the Walkley Award
Fantasia - to run out an entire game
Dixon - for Coleman
Jason Horne-Francis - the Brownlow
Port - the flag
Ken - to be sacked before the bye

What a year it will be!

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Kane Cornes - to win the Walkley Award
Fantasia - to run out an entire game
Dixon - for Coleman
Jason Horne-Francis - the Brownlow
Port - the flag
Ken - to be sacked before the bye

All of the other things listed will happen before Dixon wins a Coleman.

CASEYS9420

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
if Richmond did win it this year it should be included into the 2017-20 dynasty. We still have 12 players on our list that won in 17' and 16 players that won in 2019-20 and only 6 of them are over 30. Add Taranto & Hopper, a new fitness coach and Ben Rutten who was our defensive line coach till 2018. it's A bit premature saying the Tiges are over. We also had the best offense in 2022, thats without Dusty for most of the year

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
if Richmond did win it this year it should be included into the 2017-20 dynasty. We still have 12 players on our list that won in 17' and 16 players that won in 2019-20 and only 6 of them are over 30. Add Taranto & Hopper, a new fitness coach and Ben Rutten who was our defensive line coach till 2018. it's A bit premature saying the Tiges are over. We also had the best offense in 2022, thats without Dusty for most of the year
That's interesting about highest offense
I assumed this was incorrect but checked it and yes, Tigers were highest scoring team.
Had second worst conceding scoring teams finals which again was interesting because if I was asked what's Tigers key strength I'd have said the defensive structure

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
2017-2020 was tiger times. Apart for 2018 in which richmond should have won it in 2018 as well.

These times are over.

I feel 2021 and 2022 are tranistional times or a transitional era bit like 2016 when it was just after the Hawks 3 peat years and before tiger times.

But instead of 1 year 2016 its 2 years 2021 and 2022.

I can not see a dynasty for Melbourne though even though they won in 2021 and had another good year in 2022 just cant see it and Geelong will be getting old and on far too much in 2023.

2023 i see as the first year since 2020 we start to see the real next era or dynasty.

Im not sure on which team as yet.

i have these as the possible next big things as in the next big dynasty.

So I have Collingwood.

Another team i like are these 3:

Sydney Swans,
Freemantle

For the interstate teams. Dont forget as a person living in Melbourne these teams do fly under the radar they like are the great unknowen.

As in the Vic teams i have:

Carlton yes the blues are due same as Pies they still have a big supporter base and they too have got their house in order as well. I could say the same for Essendon but they have a long way to go a long way for them.
Saint Kilda are starting to do good things and now Lyon is back i can see them rise again.
I have a feeling that North under Clarkson will be a riser. More likely later on in the decade.
Melbourne kind of there as well they will be more up and down though.
As said Richmond and Geelong have 1 more year left in them as been a truly good teams and in 2024 the cliff is all thiers. Still play in finals in 2023. Bit of a last chance soloon.

Theres not much to write home about for the Vic teams to be honest i feel we could see a nice run of interstate premierships this decade as well.

I feel we could see up to 3 years in a row of the flag been outside Victoria.

it would not surprise me.

I can see this new Tassie team to make finals in its first year as well when ever a tassie team plays in the afl.

its will be an interesting decade the 2020s.
Author- Adam Treloar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back