Bomber Spirit

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
A friend of mine won some free tickets to the Bulldogs v Broncos game at Telstra Stadium, and I ended up coming along on one of the freebies.
Wasn't a bad game, but the crowd was an absolute disgrace. Despite signs up around the ground and announcements on the scoreboard about a supporters' code of conduct, the behaviour of Bulldogs fans in the area where I was (Aisle 104) could barely be described as human.
A Bulldogs fan nearby spat on a Broncos supporter. Someone threw a bottle that hit a young kid in the head, drawing blood. The person who won the tickets went to the bathroom at half-time, and was threatened by someone who noticed the NRL club on her watch (not one of the teams playing). A young family sitting in the row in front of us left early because they didn't feel it would be safe to stay till full-time.
But the worst incident happened several bays to our right where someone let off a banger. In a week where terrorism had raised its head in the UK and with the constant threat of it here, it was not only dangerous physically but caused un-necessary distress.
This isn't the first time such incidents have happened, and surely the game can't continue to tolerate it. The club have tried to reform, with the code of conduct, but it hasn't worked. Tonight wasn't the sort of atmosphere I'd be comfortable taking families to.
The Bulldogs have a 4-point and $350,000 suspended fine hanging over their head, and I expect that will be invoked after tonight. I certainly won't be going to an NRL game again for as long as the Bulldogs are in the comp.

It's a disgrace that these idiots are still being allowed into Dogs home games. It's unfortunate for all the true Dogs fans, but just how serious is Noad about getting rid of this group of trouble makers when flares are still being brought into the ground? And the general behaviour of the "Dogs Army" is absolutely disgusting, behaviour that you would never expect to see at other grounds.

We'll see if Gallop now has the balls to bring into action the fine and points loss that he threatened the NRL would impose.

Never get that in Brisbane.

I went to the Broncos Storm game last week, and while you have your fair share of bogans-no offense that go through the turnstilles they are a well mannered lot, even didnt mind me listening to my Aussie Rules on my radio at half time, ear pieces of course.

I am a firm believer in socio economic supporter teams.

Hicham said:
It's a disgrace that these idiots are still being allowed into Dogs home games. It's unfortunate for all the true Dogs fans, but just how serious is Noad about getting rid of this group of trouble makers when flares are still being brought into the ground? And the general behaviour of the "Dogs Army" is absolutely disgusting, behaviour that you would never expect to see at other grounds.

We'll see if Gallop now has the balls to bring into action the fine and points loss that he threatened the NRL would impose.
Cant do much about it, at least at the Show grounds this never happened, probably because no one ever turned up ;)

This will effect the Dogs, odds are they will have a massive drop off of support with children, therefore there next generation may be very thin indeed, watch this space!!!!!!

I've seen disgraceful behaviour at all codes of football. Seen big fights at soccer internationals, walked through urine flowing down the steps at an AFL game etc etc..

Earlier this year a fan from a rival team set off a flare near the Raiders Army, who were blamed by many in the stadium before it was revealed it was a set up.

Everything comes down to good security to keep the drunks, fighters, stadium urinators etc etc out of the stadium.

The explosion could also be a nutter with "cultural issues" towards the Bulldogs fans...

wait and see what the police say.

Bomber Spirit said:
A friend of mine won some free tickets to the Bulldogs v Broncos game at Telstra Stadium, and I ended up coming along on one of the freebies.
Wasn't a bad game, but the crowd was an absolute disgrace. Despite signs up around the ground and announcements on the scoreboard about a supporters' code of conduct, the behaviour of Bulldogs fans in the area where I was (Aisle 104) could barely be described as human.
A Bulldogs fan nearby spat on a Broncos supporter. Someone threw a bottle that hit a young kid in the head, drawing blood. The person who won the tickets went to the bathroom at half-time, and was threatened by someone who noticed the NRL club on her watch (not one of the teams playing). A young family sitting in the row in front of us left early because they didn't feel it would be safe to stay till full-time.
But the worst incident happened several bays to our right where someone let off a banger. In a week where terrorism had raised its head in the UK and with the constant threat of it here, it was not only dangerous physically but caused un-necessary distress.
This isn't the first time such incidents have happened, and surely the game can't continue to tolerate it. The club have tried to reform, with the code of conduct, but it hasn't worked. Tonight wasn't the sort of atmosphere I'd be comfortable taking families to.
The Bulldogs have a 4-point and $350,000 suspended fine hanging over their head, and I expect that will be invoked after tonight. I certainly won't be going to an NRL game again for as long as the Bulldogs are in the comp.

This is exactly why I haven't been to a Bulldogs game since 1988.

Bulldogs supporters minus a few exceptions are idiots and the majority of them should have their nationality revoked and sent back to the ********hole they came from.

Destructive said:
This is exactly why I haven't been to a Bulldogs game since 1988.

Bulldogs supporters minus a few exceptions are idiots and the majority of them should have their nationality revoked and sent back to the ********hole they came from.

I Agree!!! Last night 29,000 people went and watched a brilliant game (Crowd was well over 30,000 but Freebies are not counted)!! And i had the best time i have a had in a long time at a Bulldogs game, the atmosphere was great and the crowd was pumped. Advise people NEVER Sit near the army... I gave up sitting anywhere near their a year ago and i have had only great times at Bulldog games since... THey are a ********ing disgrace to this country and great club of ours... WHen that firework went off last night i and everyone packed ******** (AND WEE WERE ON THE OTHERSIDE OF THE GROUND), it was that loud! We started a chant to kick them all out and never let them back in!!! All in all it was a great night ruined by one or two idiots... Does ********ing idiots are not Bulldog supporters, they are criminals... Deport them to antartica please!

"The Bulldogs have a 4-point and $350,000 suspended fine hanging over their head, and I expect that will be invoked after tonight. I certainly won't be going to an NRL game again for as long as the Bulldogs are in the comp."

According to the news, the period has expired

Vaughans_army said:
"The Bulldogs have a 4-point and $350,000 suspended fine hanging over their head, and I expect that will be invoked after tonight. I certainly won't be going to an NRL game again for as long as the Bulldogs are in the comp."

According to the news, the period has expired

Well Thank God for that!! BUT guys i heard Bulldog supporters turned the ********er in... His a disgrace and should be charged... Individual idiots are not going to ruin this great RL club! And Bulldog supporters have and will be doing everything to help police and the club identify the people who cause trouble!

In light of recent events and the subsequent political/social climate, I find incidents like this one to be sick, distasteful and insulting. What's more, we'll hear the usual jibberish from the Bulldogs corner claiming they're being unfairly targeted for various reasons :rolleyes:

Bomber, how did your friend win the free tickets?

LebForces, any idea why free tickets counted in the official attendance when more than likely the ticket/s has been paid for by a sponsor who then has a competition amongst clients/customers who win free tickets?

littleduck said:

LebForces, any idea why free tickets counted in the official attendance when more than likely the ticket/s has been paid for by a sponsor who then has a competition amongst clients/customers who win free tickets?

I know The Daily Telegraph had some promotional thing for Telstra Stadium games and free tickets were given away... I know for a fact they are not counted... There was well over 30,000 there yesterday but the official crowd was 29,000...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LebaneseForces said:
I know The Daily Telegraph had some promotional thing for Telstra Stadium games and free tickets were given away... I know for a fact they are not counted... There was well over 30,000 there yesterday but the official crowd was 29,000...
I agree with you, LF. I would have estimated 40,000 but I was way off the mark acording to the official crowd.

littleduck said:
She won them in some newspaper competition. Don't know anything more than that.

As for the crowd, the top levels up the Spiral Ramp of Death were closed off, but the bottom levels were well populated. Before the crowd number came up, I thought it looked a similar number to the Swans v Essendon game, which was just over 31,000. If only they had behaved themselves, the NRL would have been extremely happy with that crowd.
I was in 104, to the left of the outer side. The banger went off around 112, about 100m away, but it was deafeningly loud. Like everyone else, thoughts of the London bombing came and for a few moments I wondered whether it was a terrorist attrocity. Fortunately no-one was seriously hurt, but it's a warning of how easily something horrendous could be done
I feel sorry for decent Bulldogs supporters who have to put up with that sort of ******** every week. But having heard reports of trouble in the past and now having seen first-hand what the Bulldogs supporters around me were like, I don't have any sympathy for the club. With the code of conduct they've tried to clean up their act, but the rotten fan culture among some sections of their supporter base is something I'm not sure whether it's possible to eliminate.

Bomber Spirit said:
She won them in some newspaper competition. Don't know anything more than that.

As for the crowd, the top levels up the Spiral Ramp of Death were closed off, but the bottom levels were well populated. Before the crowd number came up, I thought it looked a similar number to the Swans v Essendon game, which was just over 31,000. If only they had behaved themselves, the NRL would have been extremely happy with that crowd.
I was in 104, to the left of the outer side. The banger went off around 112, about 100m away, but it was deafeningly loud. Like everyone else, thoughts of the London bombing came and for a few moments I wondered whether it was a terrorist attrocity. Fortunately no-one was seriously hurt, but it's a warning of how easily something horrendous could be done
I feel sorry for decent Bulldogs supporters who have to put up with that sort of ******** every week. But having heard reports of trouble in the past and now having seen first-hand what the Bulldogs supporters around me were like, I don't have any sympathy for the club. With the code of conduct they've tried to clean up their act, but the rotten fan culture among some sections of their supporter base is something I'm not sure whether it's possible to eliminate.
All you can do is urge the decent fans to dob in the ****************s, thats all I can think of.
A campaign to dob in the losers. Take a camera and take a picture of these tossers.

LebaneseForces said:
Yeah but why aren't the counted if sponsors have paid for them to distribute amongst their clients/customers?

littleduck said:
Yeah but why aren't the counted if sponsors have paid for them to distribute amongst their clients/customers?

I don't know but the DT has, had them for every game! Our averages would be higher (Way Higher) then the 19,500 it is now! And I'll say it again our averages would be close to 25,000 if it wasn't for the showground :mad:

LebaneseForces said:
I don't know but the DT has, had them for every game! Our averages would be higher (Way Higher) then the 19,500 it is now!
DT?

And I'll say it again our averages would be close to 25,000 if it wasn't for the showground :mad:
Yeah it'd definitely be higher if all games were at TS and a few blockbusters werent played in pi$$ing down rain.

Bomber Spirit said:

Just don't go Bulldogs games. Simple.

The rest of the grounds are perfectly fine to attend.

As a hardcore roosters fanatic,i've had plenty of problems with Dogs supporters over the years.

I've been spat on,kicked,shoved,punched and food thrown at me by some of the unsavoury supporters.With bad blood between the two clubs over the past couple of years,it has spilled into the grandstands.Just remember the incidents that occured that friday night at Aussie Stadium in round 3 of 2004!

Canterbury home games have a bad reputation and rightly so.There is a certain element amongst their supporters that just out there with sole purpose of ruining peoples nights.

A LOT of my fellow roosters supporters won't go to the games because of this but i refuse to hide.As much as respect their reasons for not going to dogs games when they play the roosters,i believe that action is taking it out on the team they support.

The people i do feel for are the dogs fans who do the right thing at games.Whilst there are some ****************s that go to games,i have met some good dogs supporters who have been warmhearted and friendly towards opposition suppporters.

The NRL have tried to crackdown on the bad elements within dogs fans,IMHO i believe they are in a battle they won't win.

Bondi Warrior. said:
As a hardcore roosters fanatic,i've had plenty of problems with Dogs supporters over the years.

I've been spat on,kicked,shoved,punched and food thrown at me by some of the unsavoury supporters.With bad blood between the two clubs over the past couple of years,it has spilled into the grandstands.Just remember the incidents that occured that friday night at Aussie Stadium in round 3 of 2004!

Canterbury home games have a bad reputation and rightly so.There is a certain element amongst their supporters that just out there with sole purpose of ruining peoples nights.

A LOT of my fellow roosters supporters won't go to the games because of this but i refuse to hide.As much as respect their reasons for not going to dogs games when they play the roosters,i believe that action is taking it out on the team they support.

The people i do feel for are the dogs fans who do the right thing at games.Whilst there are some ****************s that go to games,i have met some good dogs supporters who have been warmhearted and friendly towards opposition suppporters.

The NRL have tried to crackdown on the bad elements within dogs fans,IMHO i believe they are in a battle they won't win.

Let me see what I have copped by Roosters supporters... Hmmm
I have been called a dirty Arab...
A Rapist
Cheater
I saw a lady get her Religious headwear ripped off her...
I have seen a Rooster supporter threw a cup of urine at a Dogs supporter...
Shall I go on????
I'm sick and tired of idiots like you bagging the crap out of the Bulldog supporters Yet don't say nothing towards your own teams performance... I WAS AT THE ST GEORGE V ROOSTERS GAME AT AUSSIE WHICH GOT 31,000 and dozens of people were ejected for fights, swearing and bad behaviour... CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THAT WAS AT A DOGS GAME? FRONT PAGE FOR A MONTH... The game against Brisbane NOT ONE PERSON Was ejected... One idiot let's of a banger and let's crucify all Bulldog supporters... Let's ring 2GB and make up bull******** incidence or conveniently don't say things that happen at your home game. I have been abused (Newcastle supporters are the worst), I have been spat on and threatened at footy game... But “If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen”... I'm the kind of guy that will look the person in the eye and laugh...
The person/s that let of the banger are idiots... It was a dumb thing to do especially in this day and age! I have been to games over the years were bangers, flares etc were let off all the time (St George were notorious for this), but especially after the London attacks the person who did it should get charged for stupidity... He not only ruined a great game he brought undone all the GREAT work everyone associated with this great club have done over the year (Since Rd 3 last year)... ALL BULLDOG FANS ARE Filthy with the idiot/s and want them banned for life.
I know Bulldog fans are making banners... Banners such as "Bulldog supporters against Hooligans" etc. We are working towards weeding out these idiots who unfortunately find it cool to bring their uneducated and bad up bringing to Canterbury games... They are an embarrassment, you ask any Bulldog fan and we are genuinely embarrassed to support the same team they do, but we all know we are true supporters and this club is a great club because of 'US' and not them, they are nothing. They are an embarrassment for the Bulldogs, the Canterbury-Bankstown area's, Australia and their heritage (I'm not an idiot and know they are mostly Lebanese-Australian’s…) They are a disgrace!

LebaneseForces said:
The person/s that let of the banger are idiots... It was a dumb thing to do especially in this day and age! I have been to games over the years were bangers, flares etc were let off all the time (St George were notorious for this), but especially after the London attacks the person who did it should get charged for stupidity... He not only ruined a great game he brought undone all the GREAT work everyone associated with this great club have done over the year (Since Rd 3 last year)... ALL BULLDOG FANS ARE Filthy with the idiot/s and want them banned for life.
I know Bulldog fans are making banners... Banners such as "Bulldog supporters against Hooligans" etc. We are working towards weeding out these idiots who unfortunately find it cool to bring their uneducated and bad up bringing to Canterbury games... They are an embarrassment, you ask any Bulldog fan and we are genuinely embarrassed to support the same team they do, but we all know we are true supporters and this club is a great club because of 'US' and not them, they are nothing. They are an embarrassment for the Bulldogs, the Canterbury-Bankstown area's, Australia and their heritage (I'm not an idiots and know they are mostly Lebanese-Australian’s…) They are a disgrace!

Pretty impressive post mate to be honest!

Well done!

With the Roosters to play the Bulldogs in a couple of weeks, may I ask what precautions will be taken to ensure that there are not any more crowd problems.

I would seriously suggest a line of uniformed police and security guards to either side of the Chook Pen. It is not necessarily the Bulldog Army that you have to watch, it is the gangs of youths who try and be 'hard' and take it up to the Chook Pen by sitting next to them and starting trouble.

Rooster Warrior, being the chant leader in the Chook Pen, is often target number 1!

JF

PS:- Do you know a ********y little Indian tosser in the Bulldog Army from the Central Coast? He used to go to Sydney Kings games with us until we ********ed him off quick smart after he attacked some Townsville Crocodiles fans. :eek:

PS:- LF, how about coming to the real world football (including Lebanon) and help us give some support to Sydney FC in the A League?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back