Injury Mystery: How was Toovey concussed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think he means when someone punches another person in the chest... punching their jumper... jumper punches?

Lol maybe. You grab them by the scruff of their jumper, push them out then pull them back in then punch them in the gob at the same time so you have double momentum going on but it just looks like a bit of wrestling and jumper pulling from far away if you do it right...

Stringer wacked him.
I've noticed a change in your posting style where you post some mildly inflammatory comment with little/no explanation, obviously leading to three or four quote replies in order to tease information out of you. Often times there isn't any, or any of substance. Are you trolling? If not, why not just post what you know in the first instance and stop dragging everyone along in a little game?

There was eleven minutes to play in the second quarter. Toovey was chasing Billy Picken on his own out on the wing. The ball was switched in board, the camera's following the action into the middle where Sidebottom causes a turn over.

Not long after this Maxwell as boundary rider alerts the commentary team that Toovey is down.
"Boys Toovey's down in all sorts of trouble off the ball. Looks like some sort of concussion, he's holding his head."
The play continues for another minute, the Bulldogs turn it over and Darcy Moore takes a strong mark and goals for the Pies. Maxwell provides another update on Toovey.
"That was Alan Toovey going down with the doctor. He will have a concussion test. He was really struggling to stand up, and when he did get to his feet he was really wobbly."

The big mystery, how was Toovey concussed when he was so far off the ball? Did anyone at the game spot what happened?

Credit to PieLebo87 and didaksrightfoot for the idea for this thread from the main board.

Here is some footage from around the 11 minute mark of the second, just prior to the incident:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-r...&eventType=Behind&seek=2252&videoQuality=high
If he was chasing Billy Picken maybe he was concussed in the time machine.

Jumper punches are just shoves to the chest with a close hand
Not necessarily. You grab their jumper... thus your hand is clenched. You proceed to pull and push (punch) into their chest or jaw. You can still punch someone reasonably well in the chest or jaw in a jumper punch.

I've been jumper punched a few times :p

Edit
Sorry, I replied straight to my notification. Didn't realise so many people had responded.

Last edited:
I've noticed a change in your posting style where you post some mildly inflammatory comment with little/no explanation, obviously leading to three or four quote replies in order to tease information out of you. Often times there isn't any, or any of substance. Are you trolling? If not, why not just post what you know in the first instance and stop dragging everyone along in a little game?
Lol, Don't reply then. Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been a delayed reaction to the scuffle he was in earlier? Seems similar to the Vickery situation.

Yup. Was the only thing that made sense at the time. He was out on the wing with one other player. Not like 50,000 all missed someone knocking him out.

Yup. Was the only thing that made sense at the time. He was out on the wing with one other player. Not like 50,000 all missed someone knocking him out.
Only The Anvil could do this sort of thing from 100 m away and he'd never use his powers on Possum.

Buckley said today that Collingwood didn't ask for an investigation ...

Buckley also said "... as some have reported"

Does Buckley read BigFooty? :eek:

Poor bloke, that would explain his plummeting demeanour of late :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back