FTA-TV Mystery Road on ABC TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a few series of this... I reckon its quality... No love here?
I really enjoyed series 1, thanks for the reminder

I liked Season 1 quite a lot.

I wasn't so keen on this 2nd season for quite a few reasons:

- The plotline for the imported Swedish actress took up way too much time for my liking. It was like they were trying to squeeze in as many scenes as possible with her because she was famous for being in 'The Bridge'.

- The twist (if you could call it that) was sooooo predictable. (I'm unsure a certain actor can play a good guy)

- Let's face it; Aaron Pedersen is not exactly a great actor. In season 1 he had no less than Judy Davis to carry half the load. In season 2, he had.... ummm…. Gary Sweet for about 15 total minutes.

Nice cinematography though.

S2 on the BBC now. I saw S1 some time back. I wasn't overly impressed, so suggestions that S2 is inferior to S1 doesn't fill me with hope.

S2 on the BBC now. I saw S1 some time back. I wasn't overly impressed, so suggestions that S2 is inferior to S1 doesn't fill me with hope.

That Pederson bloke is so one-dimensional. He is type cast and as boring as bat s**t. It's a result of not being able to act.

I've not seen him in other things, so can't comment there, but I think he's fine in this; no complaints about the quality of the acting. But if you're playing the part of someone who's pretty monosyllabic... So seen first two eps of S2 now. Same issues as before for me, it sure looks pretty, all those ochres (like every outback film you ever saw, I suppose), But it's sloooow. And a bit hard to care about charmless characters squabbling in the hot sun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back