Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Squads
Fremantle v Adelaide, Sunday, February 28, 1.40pm AWST at Sounness Park
FREMANTLE
3. Zac Dawson, 5. Garrick Ibbotson, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nat Fyfe, 8. Nick Suban, 9. Matt de Boer, 10. Michael Walters, 11. Tommy Sheridan, 12. Jonathon Griffin, 13. Tendai Mzungu, 14. Lachie Weller, 15. Ethan Hughes, 17. Hayden Crozier, 19. Connor Blakely, 20. Matt Taberner, 21. Michael Barlow, 23. Chris Mayne, 26. Ed Langdon, 27. Lachie Neale, 28. Brady Grey, 29. Matthew Pavlich, 31. Aaron Sandilands, 32. Stephen Hill, 33. Cameron Sutcliffe, 36. Alex Silvagni, 37. Michael Johnson, 38. Jack Hannath, 40. Sam Collins, 46. Clancee Pearce

ADELAIDE
4. Josh Jenkins, 6. Jake Lever, 7. Nathan van Berlo, 8. Mitch Grigg, 9. Rory Sloane, 11. Paul Seedsman, 14. David Mackay, 15. Kyle Hartigan, 16. Luke Brown, 17. Curtly Hampton, 21. Rory Atkins, 25. Kyle Cheney, 26. Richard Douglas, 27. Tom Lynch, 28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 29. Rory Laird, 30. Wayne Milera, 31. Jarryd Lyons, 32. Troy Menzel, 33. Brodie Smith, 34. Sam Shaw, 35. Harrison Wigg, 36. Dean Gore, 38. Harry Dear, 40. Luke Lowden, 41. Mitch McGovern, 43. Reilly O’Brien, 44. Matt Crouch, 47. Jake Kelly

Squads
Fremantle v Adelaide, Sunday, February 28, 1.40pm AWST at Sounness Park
FREMANTLE

3. Zac Dawson, 5. Garrick Ibbotson, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nat Fyfe, 8. Nick Suban, 9. Matt de Boer, 10. Michael Walters, 11. Tommy Sheridan, 12. Jonathon Griffin, 13. Tendai Mzungu, 14. Lachie Weller, 15. Ethan Hughes, 17. Hayden Crozier, 19. Connor Blakely, 20. Matt Taberner, 21. Michael Barlow, 23. Chris Mayne, 26. Ed Langdon, 27. Lachie Neale, 28. Brady Grey, 29. Matthew Pavlich, 31. Aaron Sandilands, 32. Stephen Hill, 33. Cameron Sutcliffe, 36. Alex Silvagni, 37. Michael Johnson, 38. Jack Hannath, 40. Sam Collins, 46. Clancee Pearce

Crozier, Hughes, Langdon added. Grey Still in.
Ballantyne and Tucker (Inj) and Zac Clarke punted that I can see

Notable absentees: David Mundy, Hayden Ballantyne, Harley Bennell, Zac Clarke, Lee Spurr
Youngsters: Lachie Weller, Ethan Hughes, Connor Blakely, Ed Langdon, Brady Grey, Sam Collins

That's 2 weeks in a row for Zac Clarke

Last edited:

He has to play. Sandi isn't playing round one so unless we're going in with one ruck against WB, Zac will be VERY short of a gallop

Jack Hannath is playing this week

Yeah... Still what Lach said.

Pretty happy to see Langdon in the list. I have a running bet with a pies fan on who's the better Langdon (it's totally ours)

I agree, Zac Clarke needs to play but just pointing out that another ruckman has been selected.

And yes, Ed is better :)

Ross said that hannath was doing well, and Zac would have to push Hannath out to get a gig.

Having said that, Zac will play Round 1, just like he said that Bennell would have to earn his stripes.

Bennell will be automatic for Round 1 IMO.

Spurr is the other out. He was only jogging laps yesterday so must have a niggle.
Great to see Hughes included. He has been an absolute stand-out over pre-season with his improvement and physical development.
Hope he makes the cut, I reckon he's a real chance to be best 22 by years end, although at whose expense I don't know.
Surprised Clarke won't play. Hannath isn't in his class. Perhaps they are making Zack really work for it as been surmised already.

Spurr is the other out. He was only jogging laps yesterday so must have a niggle.

I missed that one in my notable outs. Must be a niggle or just giving him a rest in the lead up to round 1, as he will be playing all season and always seems to get banged up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the 29 named last week:

IN - Hughes, Langdon, Crozier, Johnson
OUT - Ballantyne, Tucker, Mundy, Spurr

Mayne and Grey included after being emergencies last week.

The only surprise is that Clarke isn't there.

Bennell, A Pearce, Mundy, Spurr, and Clarke likely for the third game.

It's impressive how everyone is saying how strong our NAB Cup teams are, considering how the only fit people not getting a game are the rookies.

Just can't believe Clarke is not in, Ross has always like Hannath though. Will be interesting season to see what pans out for Clarke as he's a free agent, playing wafl will probably keep his value down.

Just can't believe Clarke is not in, Ross has always like Hannath though. Will be interesting season to see what pans out for Clarke as he's a free agent, playing wafl will probably keep his value down.

I don't think it's Ross liking Hannath it's just that he has trained with the main squad all preseason and may not want to give Clarke a go over Hanaths hard work.

They may leave one if the three rucks out this week and include Zac next NAB game.

I don't think it's Ross liking Hannath it's just that he has trained with the main squad all preseason and may not want to give Clarke a go over Hanaths hard work.

They may leave one if the three rucks out this week and include Zac next NAB game.

Hope so but IMO Hannath had a good run over the last few seasons when lots on here thought he should be delisted. Others that have not trained all preseason are getting starts.

I missed that one in my notable outs. Must be a niggle or just giving him a rest in the lead up to round 1, as he will be playing all season and always seems to get banged up.

Spurr went off in the first quarter last week and came back on with a shoulder heavily strapped. I would think a rest is precautionary.

I expected a far weaker team TBH. It's obviously not full strength, but we're not loading the team with rookies ala Richmond and West Coast last week. And we're unlikely to do it in the final hitout against Geelong in 2 weeks too.

I'm looking forward to this match as well as the one against Geelong, I believe our youngsters are going to be amazing. Very exciting times for the Club and us as supporters.

I expected a far weaker team TBH. It's obviously not full strength, but we're not loading the team with rookies ala Richmond and West Coast last week. And we're unlikely to do it in the final hitout against Geelong in 2 weeks too.

I'm glad they're playing near full strength teams. Don't see the point otherwise.

I think you're reading too much into it. Now that Sandi is out for round 1, I think we're nursing Clarke to make sure he doesn't injure himself in a meaningless game. Pretty sure Griffin and Clarke will play round 1 unless one of them gets injured before then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back