Unofficial Preview NAB Challenge 1 - GWS v Western Bulldogs - Thursday, 25 February, 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks v Tigers gives some perspective for the Giants fans.

In saying this, i was disappointed with some of the lads. The big takeaway was Lobb. This spells trouble for Tommo. Tommo may need to eye of CHB as Apples has opened the door.
I thought tommo played ok. I also don't see them playing for the same spot...

I know tommo has played a chop out role before but I see him as a wing, high half forward role rather than lobbs competition

I think there is room for both

I know tommo has played a chop out role before but I see him as a wing, high half forward role rather than lobbs competition

Tommo is behind Scully, Kelly & Whitfield due to his decision making

The best thing Thommo can do for us is play 12 injury free games for us and give us a lot of currency come trade time. #nogood

I still think Tommo can turn it around and be best 22.
But geez we have some talent for him to get past.
Although from what i heard about NAB 1 we still cant seem to hit the broadside of a barn with kicks.
Did Hawthorn win 3 flags on the trot with great athletes? Or blokes that can find a target by foot.

Much in the way that Darren Clarke failed with the Balmain Tigers, Adam Tomlinson is out of his depth in the AFL.

Did Hawthorn win 3 flags on the trot with great athletes? Or blokes that can find a target by foot.

Much in the way that Darren Clarke failed with the Balmain Tigers, Adam Tomlinson is out of his depth in the AFL.
Now theres a name from the past. Think that was more a problem with attitude for Darren.
I still think a full season and he can turn it around.

Now theres a name from the past. Think that was more a problem with attitude for Darren.
I still think a full season and he can turn it around.
I honestly don't.

No denying his size and his aerobic capabilities, but he can't use it.

You wouldn't have a fat bloke who was 5'4" and 120kgs play in your team if he was the worlds best user of the footy, so why have a genetic freak who can't, play in your team?

100% agree with this

I honestly don't.

No denying his size and his aerobic capabilities, but he can't use it.

You wouldn't have a fat bloke who was 5'4" and 120kgs play in your team if he was the worlds best user of the footy, so why have a genetic freak who can't, play in your team?
Tomlinson's DE was 88% I think you are being emotional, not an unusual trait in any of your guises

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson's DE was 88% I think you are being emotional, not an unusual trait in any of your guises

If you want to quote stats...

9 touches from 75% game time, including time on ball.

I don't want to be negative about Tommo, so I will be silent on Adam for awhile.

If you want to quote stats...

9 touches from 75% game time, including time on ball.

I don't want to be negative about Tommo, so I will be silent on Adam for awhile.

um, not like he had mates;

Buntine 8 touches
Patful 9
Stewart 8
WHE 8
Patton 6
Hopper 7
Pickett 6
Simpson 3
Barrett 8

That's over a 1/3 of the squad, and Tommos role was to roam the flanks.

Interestingly, we sat right next to the IC line and Bench.
Gubby's commentary on Scully, "Soft, did you see that, ******* soft, have a go for *s sake"
Some guys rack up the stats with stuffall impact, others have a big impact without stats.

As a further aside, I thought Kennedy killed Hopper and would back him to be a far more valuable player for us over the next 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back