Preview NAB Challenge 3 - Freo Vs Eagles - Sun 22nd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the hammy news from?

Out of the training thread yesterday.

Silvagni left the track this morning half way through the session. Clutched his hamstring and then just walked off with a trainer. Didn't look good.:(:(:(:(:eek:

Walters also pulled out early with what appeared to be some sort of foot issue, although he did complete most of the session.:eek:

Where's the hammy news from?
Someone said they saw him go off clutching his hammy yesterday at training. Went into the rooms with the trainer and that's the last we have heard of it. Nothing on the news last night.

That's right it was John.
Walters is ok apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to him having stress reactions?
This is a quote, not from me
In a stress reaction, much like when there is a stress fracture, you’re not dispersing impact correctly throughout the proper areas of the body (typically the foot), so you’re isolating the impact when you walk/run to a specific area or areas causing trauma. So a stress reaction occurs for the same reasons that many other injuries occur, including stress fractures. Gait imbalances, improper footwear, and dietary and lifestyle considerations top the list when dealing with a “stress reaction.” We all react to stress, it’s the type and amount of stress as well as how we react to and recover from that stress that is going to determine whether we remain unaffected, become more fit, or break down with an injury.

It's actually been moondyne joes for years but like many 'old' things still gets called by it's original name by crusted on locals... Yes I'm probably crusted on these days.
I still think of it as the Beacy too :)

Bummer about Silvagni, he's been in ripping form. Seems to happen every time he gets a chance, he gets injured poor bastard.
Excited to see Pearce get a run but I doubt if he can do a shutdown as well as SOS at this stage of his young career. I see him as more of a Johnson type eventually.

If Silvagni isn't playing I think they should put Mayne down there so he can have a good go at it before round 1, if Silvagni doesn't get up for round one it's up to either Mayne or Ibbo to become the third main defender, behind Mcpharlin and Johno.

Anyone know the ticket situation regarding junior members today? I'd like to pre-book on Ticketmaster, but we have 2 adult memberships (with barcodes) and my daughters junior membership (no barcode), meaning that we can't pre-book 3 seats together. You'd think they would have something in place where you can just put in a junior membership number with the rest of the booking even if it means paying for the ticket. There are probably a lot of families with the same problem. Seems like we'll just have to rock up at Subi and get all 3 tickets there.

We still have to select 3 emergencies and 2 subs so hopefully he makes the cut.
In that case he'll play. What was the point of including him otherwise? Plenty of best 22 players have been one of the three to miss out in the nab challenge due to a slight niggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back