Review NAB Challenge Game 1 - Swans vs Port - Blacktown (4.40pm Saturday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Well its that time again, Intra Club matches are over and now for some hit and giggle against real opposition. We start the NAB Challenge against Port in Blacktown on Saturday.

Port are expected to name a youthful looking team.

The amount of pointing with McVeigh as coach will be amazing.

I was waiting to see how many posts it would take for someone to bring this up lol

There is a part of me that wishes McVeigh was playing this match as I really want to see a playing coaching:confused:

Still good to see the club help him develop something for after his playing days are over.

On the match, I doubt we'll see anything that looks like a gameplan this early in the preseason. Just a chance for those who play to get a hit out or a chance to impress.

There is a part of me that wishes McVeigh was playing this match as I really want to see a playing coaching:confused:

Still good to see the club help him develop something for after his playing days are over.

On the match, I doubt we'll see anything that looks like a gameplan this early in the preseason. Just a chance for those who play to get a hit out or a chance to impress.

No it will all be a bit scrappy for a while. I think we are trying to get away from that dreadful handball we had going last year though. The boys kicked much more in the intra. but they still have to improve delivery a good deal. I know it's early but... Newman is a great example of just how to do it. his kicking is super.

Apparently buddy will play as will Hannas and if fit Teddy and Laids. So I see it as a mix. Some players who played the Intra, like possibly reg, will sit this one out and a few others come in. Some of the junior players will sit this out too. I think we might try a few of the players who impressed in the Intra. Don't be surprised to see young Murray out there or Dawson, Leonardis and of course Talia and Sinclair.

Yeah going youthful

THink though that possible Schulz and Krakourer are getting games due to not playing our internal trial last week.

Also think that Polec and Howard are the other two that we have publicly said are playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still good to see the club help him develop something for after his playing days are over

He is a player I would live joining our coaching ranks when he retires.

He must have had conversations regarding this, cause otherwise very out of the blue

Who will Macca instruct to NOT kick a goal if he's not playing?#preseasonworldproblems

image.jpeg
Encouraging to see Dawson, Leonardis and Papley all included. Also Hewett V Hewett.

Players not playing:

Abe Davis
Tom Derrickx
Jordan Foote
Kyle Galloway
Kieran Jack
Zak Jones
Alex Johnson
Jarrad McVeigh
Ben McGlynn
Lewis Melican
Sam Murray
Sam Naismith
Colin O'Riordan
Nic Newman
Sam Reid
Ted Richards
Gary Rohan

Last edited:
Great to see Lance Franklin back now in the Swans side. If he stays injury free this season he'll likely kick over 60+ goals and give the Coleman medal a shake. Last season he still averaged 2.8 goals per game from 17 matches. Good to see him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back