Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Last edited:

The majority of those 14 aren't competing for a spot. Most are locks or will be playing NEAFL. Mckenzie and Grant are the 2 left out that would be on the fringe

team lists for the lazy :p

NAB Round 1 Gold Coast vs Brisbane
Sunday February 21

GOLD COAST
3. Matt Rosa
4. Jack Martin
6. Alex Sexton
7. Nick Malceski
8. Luke Russell
11. Touk Miller
12. Sam Day
13. Callum Ah Chee
14. Mitch Hallahan
15. Dan Currie
16. Rory Thompson
17. Steven May
19. Tom Lynch (c)
20. Henry Schade
22. Tom Nicholls
23. Sean Lemmens
26. Matt Shaw
27. Clay Cameron
28. Kade Kolodjashnij
30. Peter Wright
32. Brandon Matera
33. Aaron Hall
35. Michael Rischitelli
37. Jesse Lonergan
39. Ryan Davis
40. Tom Keough
41. Jarrod Garlett
44. Darcy Macpherson
48. Seb Tape

BRISBANE
1. Ben Keays
2. Ryan Harwood
3. Allen Christensen
5. Mitch Robinson
7. Tom Bell
8. Rohan Bewick
14. Josh Walker
16. Jarrad Jansen
18. Nick Robertson
19. Josh Clayton
22. Marco Paparone
23. Josh Schache
24. Liam Dawson
26. Tom Cutler
27. Darcy Gardiner
28. Lewis Taylor
29. Jaden McGrath
30. Eric Hipwood
31. Harris Andrews
32. Sam Mayes
34. Jonathan Freeman
35. Ryan Lester
36. Rhys Mathieson
39. Jackson Paine
40. Matt Hammelmann
44. Archie Smith
45. Hugh Beasley
46. Billy Evans
47. William Reuben

The number of times the media ****s up this guy's name always makes me laugh

It's Reuben William. Not William Reuben, not Reuben Williams, not William Ruebens - Reuben ******* William.
haha i took that straight from the afl website. you've really gotta wonder how something like that gets stuffed up!

Really. My first ever started thread and I didn't even create it! :mad: :p I feel so.... cheated.

The number of times the media ****s up this guy's name always makes me laugh

It's Reuben William. Not William Reuben, not Reuben Williams, not William Ruebens - Reuben ******* William.

To be fair, he is a rookie playing for a club in Queensland, so I'm suprised they haven't done worse. Although imagine BT getting a hold of his name during a game. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really. My first ever started thread and I didn't even create it! :mad: :p I feel so.... cheated.

To be fair, he is a rookie playing for a club in Queensland, so I'm suprised they haven't done worse. Although imagine BT getting a hold of his name during a game. :(
Lol BT would probably call him Matt Shaw or Aaron Hall, he always gets those two mixed up.

This dude is just perpetually injured, what the hell.
My guess is him being named was a wait and see approach to see if his back got any better after the knock he took in training that kept him out of the intra.

Can't be far away if he was named. Better to be ultra cautious than not.

Lions squad a lot weaker than I expected. Geez their midfield looks more barren than ours does with their top 3-4 mids out. Pretty evenly matched young squads.

Still have Robinson, Christensen, Taylor, Lester and Mayes I guess

Still have Robinson, Christensen, Taylor, Lester and Mayes I guess
Pretty similar to Rischitelli, A. Hall, Touk Miller, M. Rosa, Jess Lonergan, Alex Sexton and Mitch Hallahan in quantity/quality. The older boys will probably only play a half anyway.

At least it will be a good opportunity to look at the new boys - hoping Keays, Hipwood and Willam and likewise Ah Chee, Macpherson, Currie, Davis and Keough for us get some decent game time. Both teams need to start building some quality depth.

Lions squad a lot weaker than I expected. Geez their midfield looks more barren than ours does with their top 3-4 mids out. Pretty evenly matched young squads.
To be fair I think if you took the top 3-4 mids out of any side their midfield wouldn't look to good overall. Plus we have Rockliff, DBeams, Hanley, Rich, Zorko and Bastinac all out so we are missing 6 and I know the Suns are missing their best 4 plus potentially some others?(I haven't really had a good look at the squads because 3 get cut from each side before the game starts anyway:p).

If you were to take the top 4 midfielders from each side let's say Rockliff, DBeams, Hanley and Rich for the Lions and Ablett, O'Meara, Prestia and Swallow for the Suns the Lions would still have Zorko, Christensen, Robinson, Bastinac, Bell, Taylor, Mayes, Lester and Jansen plus youngsters. Not the worst depth imo. And I am not as knowledgable on the Suns list but you would still have Riska, Rosa, Hall, Hallahan, Miller, Lonergan and Sexton plus youngsters. Again, not the worst depth in the league by any stretch of the imagination either:thumbsu:

At the end of the day, winning or losing, the match itself is nothing but a practice match that the fans get to watch.

I don't care who wins or loses, as long as youngsters of both sides get to show their goods. I'd love a goal or two from Ah Chee, Garlett, Schache, Walker, and 2MP - that'll make me happy!

My hope is no player is injured at either club and the GCS stick to their game plan.

Obviously with the list that will be playing it is dificult to do.

I am not making any huge calls as to who is in/out as Rocket has to balance playing this week and next week in WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back