Preview NAB Challenge Round 3: North Melbourne v Collingwood (Wagga Wagga)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see ol Ray Ray again. From the brief read of his player thread he doesn't have many fans.

It's more the fact that Ray should be 'break in case of emergency' and these games should give younger guys a chance to impress.

Hopefully Ray, Nahas and someone else is cut (maybe Petrie? seems in good enough nick already) and we get a good look at Hibberd and Mountford, plus another go around for Clarke and Wagner.

IN: Goldstein, Wells, NDS, Brown, Hansen, Gibson, Mullett, Black, Dumont, McKenzie, Hibberd
OUT: Cunnington, Swallow, Harvey, Petrie, Waite, Firrito, Wright, Preuss, Wagner, Ray, Turner
No Anderson, Higgins, Cunners, Spud, Thompson, Atley, Wright, Boomer, Waite, Turner
Real happy with this squad. Very close to what I asked for back on page one.

Backline will be under big pressure without Spud, Thompson, Atley and Wright so it'll be a good test

Hope we go wiv summit like this...

B: Hansen - Tarrant - McKenzie
HB: Mullett - Tippett - McDonald
C: MacMillan - Dumont - Dal Santo
HF: Wells - Brown - Nahas
F: Thomas - Black - Wood
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Ziebell
Int: Ben Jacobs, Ryan Clarke, Taylor Garner, Will Fordham, Majak Daw, Mitchell Hibberd, Declan Mountford, Sam Gibson,

Hope we go wiv summit like this...

B: Hansen - Tarrant - McKenzie
HB: Mullett - Tippett - McDonald
C: MacMillan - Dumont - Dal Santo
HF: Wells - Brown - Nahas
F: Thomas - Black - Wood
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Ziebell
Int: Ben Jacobs, Ryan Clarke, Taylor Garner, Will Fordham, Majak Daw, Mitchell Hibberd, Declan Mountford, Sam Gibson,
Given the forecast temperature and the extended bench, isn't a starting 18 pretty redundant?

That said, Jmac back, Gibson to wing, BMac to carry the water bottles. (BF's first BMacist).

Curiosity factors...

Will Black be back?
Will Wood be good (again)?
Will Declan have Many Peaks?
Why won't we get to see a Greenwood/Higgins match up?
Is the love for Mitch just a wee bit kitsch?
Is Clarke our new spark?
Who comes in for Wells, Jacobs and Brown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick of North selling games to Wagga Wagga.

KeepNorthSouthandHOWZAT-Posters.png

Hopefully Ray, Nahas and someone else is cut (maybe Petrie? seems in good enough nick already) and we get a good look at Hibberd and Mountford, plus another go around for Clarke and Wagner.
Would they name Nahas as an in if he wasn't going to play? Keen to see Hibberd, Mountford and how BMac is travelling. Not fussed who's out. Could see the thinking behind giving Ray another run with the group, though I personally wouldn't bother. Petrie, Wagner and Ray are the ones I'd have out.

My P.A. at work is from the Wagga Wagga region originally and her twin brother, who still lives there, dropped by work yesterday to see her. He's also a Pies fan. Instead of greeting me like a normal human being he's walked in with an all too loud voice singing "Good old Collingwood forevvvvver........you must be shitting yourself about Saturday, having to face the juggernaut!"

I somehow doubt he was in the city to attend his monthly Mensa meeting.

Would they name Nahas as an in if he wasn't going to play? Keen to see Hibberd, Mountford and how BMac is travelling. Not fussed who's out. Could see the thinking behind giving Ray another run with the group, though I personally wouldn't bother. Petrie, Wagner and Ray are the ones I'd have out.
Probably not. I just don't see the point of giving games to mature age emergency players. Wagner only played 40% of his first game, love to see him backed in and Robbie and Farran play for the Bees.

Sick of North selling games to Wagga Wagga.
Just had lunch with a Wagga (singular) City Councillor in Sydney a few days ago and then as it happens drove past the 38 degree oven on my way back from Bathurst with every sign going the double Wagga Wagga. What is the Wagga vs Wagga Wagga etiquette anyway?

My P.A. at work is from the Wagga Wagga region originally and her twin brother, who still lives there, dropped by work yesterday to see her. He's also a Pies fan. Instead of greeting me like a normal human being he's walked in with an all too loud voice singing "Good old Collingwood forevvvvver........you must be shitting yourself about Saturday, having to face the juggernaut!"

I somehow doubt he was in the city to attend his monthly Mensa meeting.
Everyone knows where Mensa in Melbourne meets...

at the bar at Tender Touch.

Just had lunch with a Wagga (singular) City Councillor in Sydney a few days ago and then as it happens drove past the 38 degree oven on my way back from Bathurst with every sign going the double Wagga Wagga. What is the Wagga vs Wagga Wagga etiquette anyway?

Not too sure, but i think you say Wagga Wagga in front of the elderly and pregnant women, but say Wagga in front of everyone else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back