Opinion NAB Challenge - Who do you want to see?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who do you want most to see play in the NAB and why?

For me,

Mullett: Injury has destroyed his last few seasons but now he is finally fit. I hope he gets a good run to show his wares off half back.

Dumont: Is he ready to take the next step? Let's find out.

Wood: Plenty of talent but does he want it enough? And if so where does he fit?

McKenzie: Is he nothing but depth? He needs the opportunity to show his stuff.

Black: Same as Wood. Time to go Aaron.

What say you kangas?

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd love us to play a game with a KF set up with Daw, Black, McKay & Wood.

Would be great if Neilson was ready. I'd give Hibberd a go at spuds spot, does it well from what I've seen.

Would also like to see Daw & Goldy duel ruck.

Pretty much give as many of the fit guys a crack at it.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For those saying Daw, yep totally. As a ruck. Would love to see him get at least one full game as primary ruck. We are in a position where all blokes are fit so sharing game time across the challenge would be ideal. Can also see Preuss getting a run as back up ruck/FF at some point.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fishy, Wags, Hibbo, Buckets, Maj, Wood, Froggy, Durdin, BMac, Jedi, Clarke, Darren, and Fordham.

Basically any youngsters or fringe players.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For those saying Daw, yep totally. As a ruck. Would love to see him get at least one full game as primary ruck. We are in a position where all blokes are fit so sharing game time across the challenge would be ideal. Can also see Preuss getting a run as back up ruck/FF at some point.

Noticed Pruess was spending a lot of time forward at training.

shniko11

Beneath the blue and white
Nov 6, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dumont and Mullet to make it harder for some 28+ yr olds to hold their spot.

I'd lke Mullet to have a good run and assist Atley with his quick ball movement.

Also hoping one or two of the newer group to show something and surprise us all.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
13 players, nice so more than half the team.
Yep. You do realise that the NAB is 3 whole games, right? It's actually possible to play all of these players over the course of the comp without them all playing at the same time.

Thanks for your input though, I was just answering the OP.

Gotta_Bea_Hero

Senior List
Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All of our fringe players that are ready to play, be given game time. I'm not expecting all our draftees of the last couple of years to get a game though.

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wells, even if it's just for a quarter or two.

And pretty much any young/fringe player. I'd like to see at least a few really push for spots in the best 22.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't mind seeing one line up like this:

B: Mullett - Tippett - Wright
HB: McDonald - Tarrant - Hansen
C: Wells - Dumont - Anderson
HF: Wood - Durdin - Garner
F: Turner - Brown - Black
R: Daw - Ziebell - Cunnington
Int: McKenzie - Jacobs - Macmillan - Atley

Go in without Harvey, Higgins, Dal Santo, Petrie, Waite, Firitto, Gibson, Thompson, Thomas, Swallow, Goldstein and none of our new draftees yet still look capable of winning games.

Back