Opinion NAB Challenge - Who do you want to see?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern2Boof

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Week 1 v St Kilda

FB: Sam Wright, Joel Tippett, Scott Thompson
HB: Aaron Mullett, Robbie Tarrant, Mitch Hibberd
C: Shaun Atley, Brad McKenzie, Will Fordham
HF: Taylor Garner, Sam Durdin, Robbie Nahas
FF: Lindsay Thomas, Braydon Preuss, Ben Brown
R: Majak Daw, Ben Cunnington, Jack Ziebell
I/C: Farren Ray, Ben Jacobs, Trent Dumont, Luke McDonald (Corey Wagner and Ryan Clarke if extras allowed)

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Kyoto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, GSW, Seahawks, Canucks
I dont want to see some of our young underdone guys get smashed in a game against the Saints or any other team. I mainly think McKay is in this category. I think he will need at least 12 months before he will be considered for senior football.

Players I want to see are Durdin and Black get some decent game time, without Petrie/Waite and Thompson in the team. Will show us what potential we will have in 2-4 years, rather than this year.
The same theory applies to giving game time to Dumont and Anderson, and possibly Clarke and Hibberd, if they are ready. Id like to see those 2-4 players get game time at the expense of Cunnington/Swallow and Atley/Higgins, NDS, Harvey and JZ.

I would also like to see a lot of game time into LMac, JMac, Brown, Tarrant, Daw and a fit Wells.

royalblue92

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would love to see Durdin too but McKay seems to be at the same level or above durdin - due to his injuries and the genetic composition that gives McKay an upper hand.

Horizons_00

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would like to see:

Mullet - (haven't heard much about him this pre season) I know he isn't rated highly on here but he has great skills by foot and hands and he has great leg speed

Wells - Not expecting him to year the house down but excited to see a legend play again

Mckenzie - not sure why, I just really hope he can impress at some stage this year and take over the likes of NDS

Wood - it's time for him to step up and take the next level - heard he is really fit and ready to go

TooUglyForFugly

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would like to see:

Mullet - (haven't heard much about him this pre season) I know he isn't rated highly on here but he has great skills by foot and hands and he has great leg speed

Wells - Not expecting him to year the house down but excited to see a legend play again

Mckenzie - not sure why, I just really hope he can impress at some stage this year and take over the likes of NDS

Wood - it's time for him to step up and take the next level - heard he is really fit and ready to go
I thought it was more that he tends to be forgotten but you may be more right.

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I want to see us do what we need to be up and about for the start of the season. Whether that is resting blokes, playing our best 22 in every game, f’ed if I know....:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BiggerPicture

Rookie
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
> Wells - can't wait to see him back on the park
> Mullett - I rate him highly, hopefully he gets a good run
> Anderson - I want to see the talent that most people are predicting
> Black - he needs to step up to fill Waite's role at the end of the year
> Fordham - can rookies play NAB challenge? Gibbo's replacement.
> Wagner - this kid exites me heaps!

Northworth

rebmeM ytooFgiB
Oct 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Exers
Wood - could be anything
Durdin - really keen to watch him for a full game
Anderson - what did we get here. Hope it is not just hype

Bigeasy

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 9, 2008
The Ponderosa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hammers & Steelers
Durdin should be in full practice mode now and may not play nab 1 but i reckon hes a chance for nab 2.

I have a sneaky feeling he may surprise a few this year. ;)

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For those saying Daw, yep totally. As a ruck. Would love to see him get at least one full game as primary ruck. We are in a position where all blokes are fit so sharing game time across the challenge would be ideal. Can also see Preuss getting a run as back up ruck/FF at some point.
He isnt fit enough - he can barely play 3 quarters of footy let alone ruck a whole game

Top Bottom