Opinion NAB Challenge - Who do you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 1 v St Kilda

FB: Sam Wright, Joel Tippett, Scott Thompson
HB: Aaron Mullett, Robbie Tarrant, Mitch Hibberd
C: Shaun Atley, Brad McKenzie, Will Fordham
HF: Taylor Garner, Sam Durdin, Robbie Nahas
FF: Lindsay Thomas, Braydon Preuss, Ben Brown
R: Majak Daw, Ben Cunnington, Jack Ziebell
I/C: Farren Ray, Ben Jacobs, Trent Dumont, Luke McDonald (Corey Wagner and Ryan Clarke if extras allowed)

I dont want to see some of our young underdone guys get smashed in a game against the Saints or any other team. I mainly think McKay is in this category. I think he will need at least 12 months before he will be considered for senior football.

Players I want to see are Durdin and Black get some decent game time, without Petrie/Waite and Thompson in the team. Will show us what potential we will have in 2-4 years, rather than this year.
The same theory applies to giving game time to Dumont and Anderson, and possibly Clarke and Hibberd, if they are ready. Id like to see those 2-4 players get game time at the expense of Cunnington/Swallow and Atley/Higgins, NDS, Harvey and JZ.

I would also like to see a lot of game time into LMac, JMac, Brown, Tarrant, Daw and a fit Wells.

Would love to see Durdin too but McKay seems to be at the same level or above durdin - due to his injuries and the genetic composition that gives McKay an upper hand.

I would like to see:

Mullet - (haven't heard much about him this pre season) I know he isn't rated highly on here but he has great skills by foot and hands and he has great leg speed

Wells - Not expecting him to year the house down but excited to see a legend play again

Mckenzie - not sure why, I just really hope he can impress at some stage this year and take over the likes of NDS

Wood - it's time for him to step up and take the next level - heard he is really fit and ready to go

I would like to see:

Mullet - (haven't heard much about him this pre season) I know he isn't rated highly on here but he has great skills by foot and hands and he has great leg speed

Wells - Not expecting him to year the house down but excited to see a legend play again

Mckenzie - not sure why, I just really hope he can impress at some stage this year and take over the likes of NDS

Wood - it's time for him to step up and take the next level - heard he is really fit and ready to go
I thought it was more that he tends to be forgotten but you may be more right.

I thought it was more that he tends to be forgotten but you may be more right.

Suffers a bit of what Aaron Black does. Been a long time since we've seen his best so who knows where that is at.

> Wells - can't wait to see him back on the park
> Mullett - I rate him highly, hopefully he gets a good run
> Anderson - I want to see the talent that most people are predicting
> Black - he needs to step up to fill Waite's role at the end of the year
> Fordham - can rookies play NAB challenge? Gibbo's replacement.
> Wagner - this kid exites me heaps!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin should be in full practice mode now and may not play nab 1 but i reckon hes a chance for nab 2.

I have a sneaky feeling he may surprise a few this year. ;)

For those saying Daw, yep totally. As a ruck. Would love to see him get at least one full game as primary ruck. We are in a position where all blokes are fit so sharing game time across the challenge would be ideal. Can also see Preuss getting a run as back up ruck/FF at some point.
He isnt fit enough - he can barely play 3 quarters of footy let alone ruck a whole game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back