NAB Cup: Rd 4 Western Bulldogs Vs Geelong @ Simmons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No Panos - so what does that mean for our FF in Round 1? if this squad is the basis of the Round 1 team then the options are a ruckman or a medium sized player. Looks like the resting ruck man will get the job. Thoughts??????

Disappointed that neither Panos nor Campbell in this week. I don't like pinning our tall forward options simply on Jones and a resting ruckman. Panos is a forward and Campbell seems more like a forward than a ruck.

Otherwise this side is about the best we have to offer atm.

If lake were to be subbed, Marko to FB Cordy to CHB?

Will be interesting to see how Lake goes vs the team against who he played argueably his worst ever game last year, the one in which he became almost a laughing stock in many peoples eyes.
Think he may have something to proove?

Yeah that seems logical and if they did we get to see some more of Cords as a defender.

Wood Lake Hargrave
Howard Markovic Murphy
Cross Boyd Higgins
Dalhaus Jones Cooney
Grant Roughead Gia

Minson Griffen Picken

Smith, Libba, Dickson | Skinner

Addison, Cordy, Wallis

Could very well be our line up round 1 depending on how Cordy goes this week. Not a bad 22 at all to be honest, would have liked to have seen Campell given another run this week as I would have though he was a crack at round 1. Still no Sherman or DJ and I think we need one of them to come into the 22 to add some dash.

The other option I feel is to play Cordy ahead of Skinner and make Dickson the sub just to add some height.

That team feels about right to me. Just not sure they will go with 3 rucks but you never know, in which case one of Skinner or Grant would be logical outs.

Maybe a bit pessimistic after all these years so didn't get *super* excited about his performance but maybe Campbell is going to be a gun........

Yeah not bad thinking, easy to get carried away. But we have gone to the well big time on talls in the last few years, and being a numbers game 2 or 3 of them should become gooduns you'd hope. Campbell is impressive I must say.

Going down to Kardinia tomorrow with a mate who goes for geelong to see the teams in action.

Same as the North game for mine. We are not expected to win but we just need to see improvement in the squad in the way we move the ball and our decision making / disposal.

My two wishes are that we have no injuries and that we unearth a genuine dangerous multiple goal kicker against one of the best defences going around.

I think Geelong have a few queries themselves they need to answer. Chief among them; will their ruck division stand up.

I would think dj and sherman will get a run in the vfl nxt week to get there touch back

I think with our forward line, it has the most potential of any other area of our list, but it just needs some time.

Grant showed some signs that he is back last week, he didnt have a big numbers game but I saw him put on a few very hard chases that he hasnt done since 2010, I think we all forget just how good he was in 2010, if he can get back to that form he will be very very useful!

Jones we all know is going to be good, just got to work on his kicking and give him some more time.

Panos could be anything, could chip up with 2-3 goals a week (from 2-3 kicks) could turn into a powerhouse FF or could drop off, again needs time.

Gia can the leading small forward, should kick about 30-40 goals, we all know what were getting with him.

Zephi, again could be anything, has shown great signs lately and if he keeps improving can provide a LOT of X-factor.

Dahlhaus is a gem, although it looks like he is going to be more of a mid after last week if he plays forward he will snag a couple of goals a game and generate goals for others off his livewire type playing.

Personally I think thats a very good forward line, not to mention Redpath/Campbell/Minson/Dickson/Higgins/Roughy/Cordy who could all pop up with a few goals throughout the year.

It has marking ability in Grant/Jones/and the resting ruckman, it has speed and X-factor with Grant/Zephi/Dahlhaus and also Jones puts on some great defensive pressure and it has poise and skill in Panos/Gia/Higgins!

I think with our forward line, it has the most potential of any other area of our list, but it just needs some time.

Grant showed some signs that he is back last week, he didnt have a big numbers game but I saw him put on a few very hard chases that he hasnt done since 2010, I think we all forget just how good he was in 2010, if he can get back to that form he will be very very useful!

Jones we all know is going to be good, just got to work on his kicking and give him some more time.

Panos could be anything, could chip up with 2-3 goals a week (from 2-3 kicks) could turn into a powerhouse FF or could drop off, again needs time.

Gia can the leading small forward, should kick about 30-40 goals, we all know what were getting with him.

Zephi, again could be anything, has shown great signs lately and if he keeps improving can provide a LOT of X-factor.

Dahlhaus is a gem, although it looks like he is going to be more of a mid after last week if he plays forward he will snag a couple of goals a game and generate goals for others off his livewire type playing.

Personally I think thats a very good forward line, not to mention Redpath/Campbell/Minson/Dickson/Higgins/Roughy/Cordy who could all pop up with a few goals throughout the year.

It has marking ability in Grant/Jones/and the resting ruckman, it has speed and X-factor with Grant/Zephi/Dahlhaus and also Jones puts on some great defensive pressure and it has poise and skill in Panos/Gia/Higgins!

Yeah, you have it about right, loads of potential, a lot of guys that look to be good players but probably are just not there yet. Not quite ready for the rigors of week in week out consistant footy at this level.

While I don't expect all of those blokes to be the answer this season, I reckon we'll see enough to give us something cheer about this year.

While I don't expect all of those blokes to be the answer this season, I reckon we'll see enough to give us something cheer about this year.

Exactly, add a great quality young midfield who probably just needs one more outside mid, and an alright young backline I dont see where all this doom and gloom is coming from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN app is a disgrace, never, ever works. Good to see we're off to a reasonable start, fingers crossed for no injuries and a solid performance from the young guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back