BigFooty Official NAB League Boys Break Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I had him as Queensland on my spreadsheet so I just copied that over, I do think you're right though
Yeah he's with us now after a totally legit not at all manufactured/ pushed move back to our zone

Pick 32 - Corey Warner
Pick # 32. West Coast Select: Corey Warner. Midfielder East Fremantle. 182 cm 74kg

images-3.jpg

There were four players that I had ready for this pick, all have been impressive with their WALF Colts form to start the season.

I have taken Warner ( brother of Sydney's Chad) as I have a much larger body of work to assess him by, as I have been monitoring him all last season .

Prolific possession gather and is capable of hitting the score board, this is also an aspect of his game that he needs to be further developed.

Has good skills and has a high football IQ.

He joins his Sharks team mate Joshua Browne as they bolster the Eagles, much needed, future midfield depth.

Smythe you are back on the clock.

Last edited:
Pick # 32. West Coast Select: Corey Warner. Midfielder East Fremantle. 182 cm 74kg

View attachment 1109609

There were four players that I had ready for this pick, all have been impressive with their WALF Colts form to start the season.

I have taken Warner ( brother of Sydney's Chad) as I have a much larger body of work to assess him by, as I have been monitoring him all last season .

Prolific possession gather and is capable of hitting the score board, this is also an aspect of his game that he needs to be further develop.

Has good skills and has a high football IQ.

He joins his Sharks team mate Joshua Browne as they bolster the Eagles, much needed, future midfield depth.

Smythe you are back on the clock.
Was choosing between him and Chipper at my third pick, great pick

Pick 33 - Miller Bergman
Pick 33 - Richmond - Miller Bergman - 189 - 65 - Dandenong/VIC

Miller is showing so far this year that he is a dependable utility. I project for him more of a wing as a permanent role but this year he has played down back, in the middle and down fwd and has not looked out of place in any of those areas. He is very quick and has a high work rate, working up and down the ground spreading from the ball to provide an option and then burning his opponent off. He rebounds really well and stays linked into the ball carrying chain for his team until it is delivered to a fwd or a score is kicked. not afraid to use his voice or do the hard running for no reward, tackles hard and does the 1%'s. Down back he positions well, reads the play, rebounds as previously mentioned and then helps set up the def 6 again once the ball is cleared. Down fwd his leading patterns were great but what was great was his ability to creat space for the big fwds by working up the ground and then doubling back to be a crumber often losing his opponent. Hits the scoreboard and busts his guts for his team. He is a perfect height to play all 3 rolse i have mentioned and witnessed this year, intercepting/rebounding def, winger, high fwd. He needs to eat a few sandwiches but his afl traits are there and his ceiling is high.

up next is West Coast with Monocle

Last edited:
Pick 34 - Luke Taylor
Pick # 34. West Coast Select: Luke Taylor. KPP. 196cm 84 kg. Swan Districts.

download-29.jpg download-28.jpg

Sticking with the brother of current AFL players theme here with Taylor ( brother of GWS's Sam ).

Luke Taylor is very under ratted and has been playing in the shadows of Rhett Basso, but make no mistake Luke can seriously play.
He is a KPP that has kicked accurately and scored 7 goals 1 point thus far in the season.
Having watched him play, I see no reason why he cant play at either end of the ground, he is a terrific size and is more than capable of taking some stoppage and boundary ruck work at the next level, just as he has done in the Colts.

Some may question why West Coast take another tall so early in the draft- Simple answer is that I rate this kid highly and tall's generally take 3-4 years to come on and develop to the point where they are ready make their mark in the AFL.
For succession planning now is a good time to take on and develop another tall, because in 3 years time McGovern will be 32 and Darling 31.
So Taylor would be a good option to team with either Tommy Barrass or Oscar Allen depending where he is needed.
Apart from Harry Edwards West coast don't have to many other developing KPP on their list so another is sensible forward planning.

Come the end of the season I suspect that Taylor will be in the mix for teams that are wanting another quality KPP to put onto their list.

I have watched and tracked this kid the last two seasons and he is my " smokie" tall to rise up the boards as the year progresses.

andleanback your up next.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 37 - Cooper Murley
Pick 37 - Collingwood - Cooper Murley (Norwood)

Exciting talent who really stood out at 16s, combining his athleticism, skill and ability to impact forward of centre, it was an easy one for me.

giantroo

Pick 38 - Youseph Dib
Pick 38 - Youseph Dib - Small Forward - 174cm/76kg (Oakleigh Chargers/Collingwood NGA)

gettyimages-1162023400-1024x1024.jpg images.jpeg-5.jpg

An exciting speedy small forward with plenty of scope to play multiple positions. This NAB League season has shown that he can play in defence with his acceleration and breaking the lines a major feature.

Chris25

Last edited:
Pick 39 - Hugh Jackson
#39 Melbourne - Hugh Jackson (180cm, 70kg from North Adelaide)

The Browns fan in me hurts saying this name, but Jackson has had a good start to the year. Good all round mid.

Pie 4 Life

Pick 40 - Jase Burgoyne
Pick 40 - Collingwood - Jase Burgoyne (WWT Eagles/South Australia)

Port father-son and I needed one to make up for the one I lost.

Proper write-up to come.

Smythe

Pick 41 - Charlie Molan
PICK 41 - Richmond - Charlie Molan - 186 - 79 - GWV/VIC

Not sure if you have seen a trend in my picks, but they are all guys who share a similar trait, Team first, and work hard with unwaivering effort.
Charlie epitomizes this. Once he crosses the white line he will give 100% effort to the cause, with or without reward. Charlie is one of those players who never thinks they are out of the contest and you will see him give a first, second, third and fourth effort every time. Has a very good footy brain and reads the play well, intercept marks well, and will run off to help link up the chain as far down the ground as necessary but then will bust his gut running back to get defensively positioned again. He tackles well and tackles hard, and is a good user by hand or foot generally choosing the right option and making good decisions. He is a smart footballer and a team man and wont get sucked into the ball trying to get as many possessions as he can, he just wants his team to win and will do what is required, and do it well.

up next is eDPS with Essendon

Last edited:
Pick 42 - Darcy Wilmot
Pick 42 - Essendon - Darcy Wilmot
this kid has massive upside and if he was born a day later he would be in top 10 calculations next year. A great rebound defender with elite agility he can weave through congestion with ease and he is also a deadly long kick of the footy. His run and dash is brilliant and just what Essendon need for small defender depth, he can also defend aswell he isn’t just a pure rebounder which is another tick in his favour. He has traits that could be used all over the ground aswell and coupe become an elite talent of the competition with his eye catching traits.

Others considered: Braden Andrews, Connor MacDonald

Knightmare

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back