Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 44 - Braden Andrews
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Pick 44 - Braden Andrews (Oakleigh Chargers/ Vic Metro) - General Utility - 189 cm 83 kg

So in all honesty Andrews is definitely not who I was expecting to be taking here, but at this stage it's a classic 'too good not to'. Admittedly he hasn't started the year on fire, putting up a pretty standard effort against the Dragons prior to going down in the first quarter against Eastern the following week, the 'plug and play' man had looked set for a more permanent stint as an inside midfielder for the season. That 'plug n play' attribute is what really draws me to him as a higher end (top 30) prospect, can and has genuinely impacted in a range of different positions, with his ball use and marking good on the outside, but also he's able to crack in to a contest when he has to. Is also my 3rd AFL Academy selection

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 51 - Jacob Young
Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC
PICK 51 - Richmond - JACOB YOUNG - 196cm - 78kg - Clarence/Tasmania

There were so many good players left, some i actually have in my top 40, but in this position with my Tigers recruiting hat on, i know i have to recruit a young tall fwd to develop.
At this stage they are all speculative young tall forwards to pick from as i love what little I have seen from Liam Kolar but waiting to see what he can produce this year, Lukas Cooke was strongly considered, Ned Stevens came to mind, but in the end i like what i see from the apple isle.
Jacob Young has shown good fwd form. His work inside the arc and on the lead is good, his marking is great, and his set shot goal kicking form is solid, he has the height and weight to work with and will be a handful for defenders if it all comes along nicely and he fills out over the next few years.
He leads at the ball and marks out in front or at the full extension of his arms at the highest point. He is surprisingly not bad below the knees too and will sheppard or block for a teammate, communicating and working well with others in the fwd50. He will attempt to mark everything coming his way often crashing into the pack which is excellent to see, nothing worse than watching a young fwd too afraid to crash a pack. There is a lot there to work with and i hope the young fella continues to have a good year.

up next is eDPS with Essendon

Last edited:
Pick 52 - Jai Serong

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick 52 - Jai Serong - 192cm 80kg - Midfielder/forward

Essendon are in need of more height in their midfield and although he is a light prospect at this stage Serong has some traits similar to his older brother that could lend him to becoming a very tainted inside midfielder. Serong has clean hands at ground level and a willing tackler despite his lighter frame and he could be a hard player to stop once he puts on some size, not as consistent overhead as his brother but handy enough at this stage. Averaging 18 touches a game so far which could improve as the year goes on he gets a better balance between more midfield over forward time.

Others considered: Shay Linke, Charlie McKay, Cooper Beecken, James Willis, Alastair Lord, Jack Peris

Monocle

Last edited:
Pick 53 - Kade Dittmar
Pick 53: West Coast Select - Kade Dittmar. Mid. 186 cm 90 kg. East Perth.

download-30.jpg

I first notice Dittmar during the latter part of the 2019 season, he had made his way up to Perth from the Augusta Margaret River Football Club.
He has some interruptions in his start to the year, but the back end of the season he showed good solid form, so he was a watch this space for me coming into 2021.
Dittmar has had a very impressive start to the year averaging 20 disposals per game, lifted his tackle count and he has also managed to kick 8 goals in three games.
West Coast needs inside midfield depth and the goal kicking aspect of any midfielders game is always hard to ignore.

He was by no means the only mid that I considered, but he won my vote as the number of games that I am basing this selection on, is greater than the other contenders for this pick.

Chris25 Gold Coast are on the clock.

Last edited:
Pick 54 - James Willis Pick 55 - Lukas Cooke
Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
#54 Gold Coast - James Willis (180cm, 75kg from North Adelaide)

#55 Melbourne - Lukas Cooke (194cm, 79kg from Woodville West Torrens)

Davo-27

Pick 56 - Dylan Thomas

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
#56 Hawthorn - Dylan Thomas - Oakleigh - 187cm 77kg

small/med forward playing for Oakleigh, has kicked 6 goals in 3 games, he is a 19 year old and has shown some good qualities so far this year, good leading and strong marking ability, nice kick for goal.

Macca19 you're up

Pick 57 - Harvey Harrison
Pick 57 - Harvey Harrison - North Adelaide

Harvey is a balanced midfielder playing for North Adelaide in the under 18s. He's come from the clouds with a stunning start to the season, averaging over 30 disposals, 6 clearances, 4 tackles and 4 inside 50s a game. His breakaway speed from stoppages is impressive, he often hits the pack at speed and can be away in the blink of an eye. Whilst his run and carry is impressive, he shows toughness in going after the hard ball and doesn't mind copping a hit to win a clearance. His kicking is a work in progress at this stage. At times it can cut through the opposition, at others he makes poor decisions and can miskick the ball, but at this stage of the draft you aren't going to get a finished article.

briztoon you are up

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I think Brisbane are done. I couldn’t see Brisbane drafting more than four players.

What I could see Brisbane doing, is potentially adding an ex academy prospect in the rookie draft.

The two most likely prospects might be either; Bruce Reville, a high pressure flanker with good skills. Or Jake Briskey, a developing tall defender.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I think Brisbane are done. I couldn’t see Brisbane drafting more than four players.

What I could see Brisbane doing, is potentially adding an ex academy prospect in the rookie draft.

The two most likely prospects might be either; Bruce Reville, a high pressure flanker with good skills. Or Jake Briskey, a developing tall defender.
so you wanna pass?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back