BigFooty Official NAB League Boys Break Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 66 - Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers/ Vic Metro) - Tall Defender/ Ruck - 197 cm 73 kg

View attachment 1112112

Definitely not the highest player left on my board but at some stage this draft I had to take a developing KPD prospect like I think the Giants should, and long term, I think Sam can develop into something that'll compete well with the new age 200cm+ athletic beast forwards like the Kings. Only slightly built and not exposed much at NAB League, or any representative level, Sam boasts some good speed, aerial prowess and skills for a player of his height, performing well in the Ruck and in defence at such a light weight and slim build is something I like in a player, it signifies to me that he's got game sense rather than just size.

Again, a very long term project, but a necessary one positionally, and one that's shown some promise early on

Thunderstruck up again

Pretty sure he's over 200cm now, too.

Edwards will go #1 in the Mid Season draft to North Melbourne June 2nd. He will not be available in the Nov draft just to save you any time on him. Cheers
Couldn't have told us a week earlier? Now we gotta do it all again all because of YOU!

Pick 70 - Brad Jeffries
Tough decision here.

Pick 70 - Brad Jeffries - Sturt - In/Out Midfield, Medium Forward

Brad is a player who I haven't seen a lot of, but what I've seen I've really enjoyed and can definitely see a future for him at the highest level. He's strong, he has x-factor, he has exceptional skills, a long kick, can play forward, can play inside and can play outside. Look forward to seeing him develop as the season continues

Last edited:
I think he is although I think he will be a ruck long term, playing defence now because his endurance is very low.
But the most important question is, do you love the way he goes about it?

Edwards will go #1 in the Mid Season draft to North Melbourne June 2nd. He will not be available in the Nov draft just to save you any time on him. Cheers

Probably, yes. We’ve all read the puff pieces on him.

But it’s still worth noting that while he may be the #1 at the mid season draft, he was a third rounder with everyone available. So hopefully North fans don’t get carried away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 66 - Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers/ Vic Metro) - Tall Defender/ Ruck - 197 cm 73 kg

View attachment 1112112

Definitely not the highest player left on my board but at some stage this draft I had to take a developing KPD prospect like I think the Giants should, and long term, I think Sam can develop into something that'll compete well with the new age 200cm+ athletic beast forwards like the Kings. Only slightly built and not exposed much at NAB League, or any representative level, Sam boasts some good speed, aerial prowess and skills for a player of his height, performing well in the Ruck and in defence at such a light weight and slim build is something I like in a player, it signifies to me that he's got game sense rather than just size.

Again, a very long term project, but a necessary one positionally, and one that's shown some promise early on

Thunderstruck up again

Looks like the AFL website are getting a bit carried away...

Mobile 200 odd cm players are always going to be looked at favourably, he's probably in my top 40 in all honesty, so I'm not overly shocked at this
Not wrong, but at the same time I seem to recall a certain ex-Pies recruiter talking up Cody Raak last year as a "potential top 20 talent", only for him to not even get drafted. I disregard anything said by recruiters for the most part until maybe a month before the draft, where you can sift out the bullshit

Not wrong, but at the same time I seem to recall a certain ex-Pies recruiter talking up Cody Raak last year as a "potential top 20 talent", only for him to not even get drafted. I disregard anything said by recruiters for the most part until maybe a month before the draft, where you can sift out the bullshit
That ex-recruiter is a certified fool tbf

Pick 3 - Campbell Chesser (Sandringham Dragons/ Vic Country) - Midfielder - 186 cm 83 kg

View attachment 1108134

A kid that has shown his class as a hybrid mid and defender over the years, given the GIANTS need for a mix of speed and composure through a midfield role, Chesser best fits the role for those around this mark, able to slot onto a wing ideally and then work his way into a rover role to start giving us something different through stoppages and combine well with fellow Sandy boi Tim Taranto as a receiver from the clearance winner (and Hopper/ Green are around to, the chemistry just isn't as high energy). His ball use moving forward would ideally give our strong marking forwards like Himmelberg, Riccardi, Hogan, Greene, etc. the best chance to mark inside 50 with his delivery, and fix our issues with scoring shot placement (a lot of marks taken in weird spots)

What drew me to Chesser over Sonsie was his work in transition and two way running in particular, whilst Sonsie is more impactful around stoppages, Chesser is more willing to run defensively, win the ball back and then getting some spark behind it going forward

Chris25 up with Suns
speak to Mutineer from our boards - he has been really big on Chesser from last year and I think by season's end, the crows will be down in that bottom 4 and probably right in his hitting range for selection

There's a few that went undrafted that shock me; Judson Clarke, Jed Rule, Jake Soligo, Sam Butler, Tom Brown are ones I'd have thought were close to 100% to go in this exercise, with a few more I thought would get picked up either because of having draftable traits or having a club link, like; Noah Bradshaw, Toby Murray, Luke Nankervis, Scott Beilby, etc.

Interesting exercise either way, cheers for participating everyone

There's a few that went undrafted that shock me; Judson Clarke, Jed Rule, Jake Soligo, Sam Butler, Tom Brown are ones I'd have thought were close to 100% to go in this exercise, with a few more I thought would get picked up either because of having draftable traits or having a club link, like; Noah Bradshaw, Toby Murray, Luke Nankervis, Scott Beilby, etc.

McVie, Polson, Rentsch, Dadaliaris, Visentini and Lachlan Brooks are some other ones missed.

Rookie draft?

Blake Scott is another one.

Think we need to see more from Bradshaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back