NAB Round 3 v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

RE: Everything that's happened lately, and in consecutive weeks, this vent thread has been created for people to voice their strong opinions without fear of being ganged up on in return.

It will exist for people to vent their frustrations, rather than fill the gameday thread with them. :)

Just watching the replay, I thought this was Day's best pre-season game. He was actually sticking a lot of those marks in the greasy conditions, so that's a good sign.

Horsley I'm starting to get a little concerned about. He seems a big fan of just bombing to the contest when going inside 50. Works very well defensively though.

I have to agree with Sandy, killing a reasonable conversation with mod threats is a bit tough. Sunny you must understand that supporters such as Sandy, Iva and myself have spent big $$$ purchasing family memberships each year to support the club on game days, we are the few supporters that attend club family days and open training sessions. We do more than our fair share promoting and supporting our club. I live on the Goldy and constantly defend the club to workmates and friends and actively try to get them to attend games, even though we play 2nd fiddle to the Titans in a rugby state. I just ask and expect our team to give 110% every time they take the field, no matter the match, and I feel we haven't this NAB Cup. So questions must be asked and possible solutions suggested. There is no harm in that.
I admire your passion for the club and I really like you as a poster. However I really hope that you don't think that having more money than others and living closer to the club means that you are in any way better or more passionate than anyone else here?
Anyway, definitely not an attack. Love your work.

As an addendum, after so many losses this far into our history, we all should be proud that we've made it this long without killing one another! When the good times come we'll look back on these times and laugh.

I find that pretty offensive to be honest from someone who joined in 2011 and has 46 posts
Lets catch up at the first home and away
I'll be with Iva in the Gold Reserve with with our families where we've been since the club started
Maybe we could swap yarns about our playing days and footy heritage too
That would be fun.
Thanks for proving my point SandyToes.

Laughable? You want to sack a coach over a NAB cup game against the reigning premiers in their home city?

I don't apologise for being passionate about my club, Fraser4Brownlow even if it does make me over react from time to time. As for Bluey my concerns are not built on one game, they are built on 3 years.

I admire your passion for the club and I really like you as a poster. However I really hope that you don't think that having more money than others and living closer to the club means that you are in any way better or more passionate than anyone else here?
Anyway, definitely not an attack. Love your work.

As an addendum, after so many losses this far into our history, we all should be proud that we've made it this long without killing one another! When the good times come we'll look back on these times and laugh.

At the risk of speaking for WrongUn, I don't think he is saying he is more passionate or better but certainly not less so that any others. we don't have to agree as a supporter group but we should support each other.

An observation about the genuine ruckmen at GCS.

Through development and maturity the bloke who can have an impact via taking competitive grabs around the ground and kicking 20-30 goals per year will lock down the position long term.

Smith has the position to lose at the moment but the genuine ruckmen on the list Gorringe, Nichols and Dixon will obviously be trying to grab a game to show their worth. Cox of the Eagle is a prime example of how a mobile ruckman can hurt the opposition around the ground.

I rate Day & Lynch as key position forwards who can pinch hit and be of most benefit in the forward line.

The stocks are very good and Clayton has recruited with a vision to the future. The reality is at least one of these big men will see their future elsewhere as they find it hard to get a regular game. The club would probably use a "excess" ruckmen as a means of upgrading/trading picks in the draft.

I still am of the belief that whole we can use Dicko as a pinch hitter he's more of a positional player up front or down back, A waste of his talents to play him solely as a Ruckman.

He is a key position utility :D

One of my favourite players, because of his intensity and aggression

I was gutted when you guys snatched Lonergan in the draft. Had my heart set on him as our much needed inside mid to replace Luke Ball.

However, I'm over it now and wish him well at the Suns (I think he'll be a terrific player). I carry a small flame for the Suns. We're not allowed to have second teams at Collingwood but nevertheless I hope you have a great year with a few more wins and some of that terrific young talent starts to come to the fore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was gutted when you guys snatched Lonergan in the draft. Had my heart set on him as our much needed inside mid to replace Luke Ball.

However, I'm over it now and wish him well at the Suns (I think he'll be a terrific player). I carry a small flame for the Suns. We're not allowed to have second teams at Collingwood but nevertheless I hope you have a great year with a few more wins and some of that terrific young talent starts to come to the fore.

Wow...said with BOTH eyes open....Cheers Warrior!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back