NaCl ^16 🧂🧂

Remove this Banner Ad

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having an interesting back n forth with my nuffie Eagles following mates.

I give them constant reminders about our record equaling 16th Premiership because they doubted the Pies all year.

Apparently VFL Premierships don’t count a couple of them reckon?

I need some ammo to shoot back at them with.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The flogs joined the then VFL in 1987 so tell them that if it doesn’t count that their licence is null and void therefore none of their records stand and they must fold immediately

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
Re: smart arse Eagles.
1. What was the name of the league they joined ( it was 1987 when they commenced, called the VFL).
2. What were the terms? (Theres nothing in the terms that erases past flags).

Basically they are late comers to the pub who are refusing to buy a round until they get free beers for every round that happened before they got there. Tell the cheapskates to STFU or GTFO.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having an interesting back n forth with my nuffie Eagles following mates.

I give them constant reminders about our record equaling 16th Premiership because they doubted the Pies all year.

Apparently VFL Premierships don’t count a couple of them reckon?

I need some ammo to shoot back at them with.

They all count. Haven’t done the maths for a while but pro rata for years in the competition the eagles are right up there . So are we.

But we have 16 !

Eric Shin

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks a lot for all the contributions legends.

One of my mates ended up leaving the chat in frustration as he couldn’t stand the thought of me being right, and facts being fact.

I love this club and all the passionate fans.

The sweet 16 will never be taken away from us, it’s a part of history now.

Side by side.

ElliottsMaggies

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Regarding the West Coast supporters, I wouldn’t seriously expect any expansion teams to care about premierships won from before they were in the league.

The fact they support West Coast is enough ammo. For the proud, successful on-field juggernaut they claim to be, they have tossed some horrible seasons out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream on. The grand final we got was one of the best grand finals of all time

“A Collingwood and Carlton grand final, there, obviously, would have been over 100,000 (fans) there. It would have been amazing.”

Saad obviously thinks the AFL can increase the MCG’s capacity beyond 100,024, in much the same way his club can unilaterally increase player payments.

“A Collingwood and Carlton grand final, there, obviously, would have been over 100,000 (fans) there. It would have been amazing.”

Saad obviously thinks the AFL can increase the MCG’s capacity beyond 100,024, in much the same way his club can unilaterally increase player payments.
I just found it funny that he was essentially saying that if it was a Collingwood/Carlton grand final they’d have… the same crowd size as the Collingwood/Brisbane grand final.

Like… ok?

ElliottsMaggies

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just found it funny that he was essentially saying that if it was a Collingwood/Carlton grand final they’d have… the same crowd size as the Collingwood/Brisbane grand final.

Like… ok?
Imagine the outrage from their supporters when the majority discovered they would not have been able to get a ticket to the GF anyway.

Like… ok?

Yep, and that’s a best-case scenario.

It would have been awesome if he’d said “from a personal perspective I would have loved a Carltank vs Collingwood GF, although mathematically it could only have hurt attendance numbers”.

Jeanne Pratt’s head in one of them so the kiddy’s aren’t scared

giphy.gif

John Doe has the advantage!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back