Nafan Noflags: Not even in the top 3 players coached by Mick Malthouse

Who was the better footballer and friendlier human being?

• Doug Hawkins.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nathan Buckley.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...hall-of-fame-the-three-best-players-i-coached

I rated FIGJAM highly but there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth. So apparently even Dougy Hawkins was a better footballer, hard to believe but I trust Mick's judgment.
Doug Hawkins was a fantastic player, very skilled and tough. Not sure if he was better than Figgy but he was a great player in his day.
Mick was one of my favourite players in the late 70’s early eighties for Richmond, but the old flog is sour and twisted now. Carlton does that to people.

Swanny is a nice touch. Did Pendles drop off when it’s clear he’s a Bucks boy?
Wait you aren't seriously suggesting Scott Pendlebury's a better player than Dane Swan surely??

Pendles is one of the most overrated footballers this century, a media darling who's complete lack of accountability has never been publicly questioned. Whereas Swanny was a god among bogans, a true salt of the earth old skool footballer who literally had the ball on a string his entire career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The senile old DH also included Dale Thomas, Anthony Rocca and James Clement among the very best players he coached.

He's probably still got his 22 Carlton spuds fresh in his mind reflecting on those 3 DHs

The senile old DH also included Dale Thomas, Anthony Rocca and James Clement among the very best players he coached.

He's probably still got his 22 Carlton spuds fresh in his mind reflecting on those 3 DHs
I'm not sure how that proves your point.

The outrage is peter matera not being second

Jako Roo and McKenna... 1,2,3 - all nominated in the team of the century
Matera was a complete narcissist and sociopath tho, too much in common with old Mick.

Objectively though, Doug Hawkins was a better player. Best wet weather player in the 80s and could do it all.

Was basically similar to Buckley except much better in the air and a better bloke.

lol I wonder why Buk is so s**t at football? No flags and a shared Brownlow lolol oh my

lol I wonder why Buk is so **** at football? No flags and a shared Brownlow lolol oh my
lawl, shared Brownlow’s are the equivalent of Winning at beer pong. You try to celebrate it like it’s a meaningful victory but really you & your mates both know you’re only there for the drinks.

You may be correct but he kicked 5 goals from the wing in a GF against your blokes.
Yeah he played a ripper that day, one of the best GF performances ever.

Back