Competition NAFL 2013-14 Season HQ

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
I complained repeatedly for better options, and less clashes to be used in this competition, nothing has happened. The clashes still occurred. Because of this, I stopped voting.

And lmach comments like that can really affect someone's confidence. Especially, for me. You have no clue about my personal situation and how bad it is. Coming onto BigFooty, especially the FJD board, I always hoped to be appreciated for something I enjoy doing. I know I haven't come even close to winning a single competition over the past two years I have been here, but I have been trying to build the board with continuous activities and fun.
Mate, I completely agree. Ive never won a comp on this borad, even though (in all modesty) my designs have significantly improved. But have someone say in such a blunt way "stop complaining unless you make what you do better" is pretty slack.
Yeah. **** you for running this shambolic competition for everyone to enjoy lmach
And besides, he only ran it for two or three weeks. Id be more inclined to thank E92_ before him

I complained repeatedly for better options, and less clashes to be used in this competition, nothing has happened. The clashes still occurred. Because of this, I stopped voting.

And lmach comments like that can really affect someone's confidence. Especially, for me. You have no clue about my personal situation and how bad it is. Coming onto BigFooty, especially the FJD board, I always hoped to be appreciated for something I enjoy doing. I know I haven't come even close to winning a single competition over the past two years I have been here, but I have been trying to build the board with continuous activities and fun.
Are you kidding me? It's reality. You improve your designs, you get more votes. Nothing to get upset over. Plus I never mentioned any other comps, I was referring to your designs in this comp.
And besides, he only ran it for two or three weeks. Id be more inclined to thank E92_ before him
When did I ****ing ask anyone to thank me?

Are you kidding me? It's reality. You improve your designs, you get more votes. Nothing to get upset over. Plus I never mentioned any other comps, I was referring to your designs in this comp.
I'm not complain about my designs, it's your need to tell people to shut up, and stop complaining which is the problem
When did I ****ing ask anyone to thank me?
This makes you sound arrogant. It's not a nice quailty, and some people may take offence to this.

I'm not complain about my designs, it's your need to tell people to shut up, and stop complaining which is the problem
Oh yeah, so what does all this s**t about confidence have to do with that?
This makes you sound arrogant. It's not a nice quailty, and some people may take offence to this.
I was genuinely asking him when I said that. Oh that's right, I didn't. I don't care if I sound arrogant; it's an internet forum.

Modbury_Hawk_12

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Modbury, Sturt, Mt Buller, GGCC
I'm just gonna say that it looks like Bryce_Jersey17 and akkaps are just bitter that they lost and lmach is just gloating that he's winning.

Let it go guys. It's just a fun comp that's worth very little in the grand scheme of things. If a comment really offends you report it and move on. It's just annoying for everyone who wants to have a relaxed discussion.

I'm just gonna say that it looks like Bryce_Jersey17 and akkaps are just bitter that they lost and lmach is just gloating that he's winning.

Let it go guys. It's just a fun comp that's worth very little in the grand scheme of things. If a comment really offends you report it and move on. It's just annoying for everyone who wants to have a relaxed discussion.
Sorry, I would report it, but nothing like that will get taken seriously around here. I have Reported someone for doing something similar, and nothing was done about it. So there is no point trying.

Modbury_Hawk_12

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Modbury, Sturt, Mt Buller, GGCC
Sorry, I would report it, but nothing like that will get taken seriously around here. I have Reported someone for doing something similar, and nothing was done about it. So there is no point trying.
Then just leave it. Not having a go at you but it is the internet. If it seriously bothers you, don't click on it.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Personally, Im not feeling bitter. Overall, the comp was run well, it was interesting and a bit of fun. Im just annoyed at certain instances where things were meant to happen but didnt.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
For the record I am totally with akkaps on the matter.

I was frustrated for most of the season in regards to what jumpers were getting used, and I felt like I had to cause a scene to get my clash to finally get a run. The selection of guernseys was puzzling for lots of different sides a significant amount of the time.

Sure, you can be a total dickhead and say "well just make your designs better and it wont matter", but if people are happy to dish out feedback on the designs, i'm more than happy to dish out feedback on how the competition was run. My feedback is that the way the guernseys are selected wasn't done well and needed improving. It certainly shouldn't have gotten to the stage where there was regularly someone disappointed with what was going on with guernsey selections.

To make my feedback more constructive:

It's a design competition and ideally we want to show off what we've done. Right? So ideally we'd have a decent sprinkling of the different designs people have entered throughout the competition. You'd want them mixed in fairly well and while you'd want to favour the home guernsey, you'd want the others reasonably represented as well so people can be judged on the entire uniform package they entered, and not just one part of it. There seemed to be regular clashes in this league because the use of clash guernseys seemed quite conservative. In a design competition, clash guernseys should be used liberally. If there is a hint of a clash, use a clash guernsey. This isn't a league where people are bullish about the home guernsey as much as possible, we all want to share our entire entry.

Other than that, it was a really well run comp and won the best comp award recently for good reason. I'll definitely be nominating for next season.

Records so far for the first season:

Highest score:
31 votes - Melbourne Royals
Round 1 v Wangaratta Wombats

Lowest score:
0 votes - SS Scorpions
Round 4 v Wellington Makos

Highest winning margin:
30 - Melbourne Royals
Round 1 v Wangaratta Wombats (31-1)

Longest winning streak:
10 - Adelaide Pipers