Competition NAFL 2013-14 Season HQ

Remove this Banner Ad

We should do bottom 3 from NAFL go down to reserves and vice versa

Should be bottom 2 from the NAFL go down and top 2 from the reserves go up automatically and 3rd bottom plays off with 3rd place in the reserves for the final spot (adds more intrigue to the competitions).

Should be bottom 2 from the NAFL go down and top 2 from the reserves go up automatically and 3rd bottom plays off with 3rd place in the reserves for the final spot (adds more intrigue to the competitions).

There'll be 2 new teams next season bringing the total to 20 teams, next season I'll probably remove the spoon winner from the main comp and replace them with the reserves winner.

There'll be 2 new teams next season bringing the total to 20 teams, next season I'll probably remove the spoon winner from the main comp and replace them with the reserves winner.

Not to bag the other entries and the participants in the reserves, but is that a wise idea? The gap between the top 9 and bottom 9 was quite noticeable here this season and realistically expanding the competition could lead to a larger gap (depending on the chosen expansion teams/designers).

For me keeping it the same or even a reduction in the main competition numbers (down to 16 with an increase in the reserves numbers) combined with promotion and relegation between them seems to be the way to go until the gap between the top and bottom is reduced.

16 Would be easier and it would be nice to have not so big of a gap, I don't know I'd just get rid of 3 teams though.

Well you wouldn't be getting rid of 3 teams as such, if you reduced it to 16, I would relegate 3 teams to the reserves giving those designers a chance to work on and improve their designs, plus give them a chance at winning some more games than they did this year, then promote the reserves champion as they are deserving of being given the chance to compete in the main league.

Then the main comp would then have a max of 16 teams, and the reserves a minimum of 10 so long as everyone comes back and no one new enters, but if new people do join then then they start in the reserves and can move up the following season if they do well (with an increase in the promotion/relegation numbers {straight 2 or 3 with a playoff}).

The divisions should still be judged to be wide open again I reckon.

I haven't followed the reserves closely, but if there are a few designers in there that should be in the top div, get them up.

If E92_ is running the main comp he should have final say over which bids are accepted and the best of the rest can go into div 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MakosNews_zps7bc28a08.png

since my original entry (which has the honour of receiving the biggest drumming in the league) I've massively upgraded my template. Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back