Poll NAFL 2016-17 Grand Final - Perth Boomers v Waikato Tigers

Vote for your preferred jumper. Don't vote for yourself.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NAFL 2016-17 Grand Final

Poll will be open for 3 days.

Do not vote for yourself or ask people to vote for you. You will be penalised.

Vote once in each game (besides your own).

Perth Boomers v Waikato Tigers

31855389513_c6d029afb3_o.png

nyHWfoW.png

Great match up

I hope both of these teams radically switch it up next year though. Same core design for Perth two years running, Waikato with the same logo two years running. Obviously it has served em well but I wanna see something different next season.

Can confirm: Massive shakeup for the Boomers next season.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Very proud to be here again.

It's a huge credit to E92 and the entire board that this competition has grown so greatly in prestige and quality as the years have gone on. We've all pushed eachother and we've all become better designers because of this competition.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Great match up

I hope both of these teams radically switch it up next year though. Same core design for Perth two years running, Waikato with the same logo two years running. Obviously it has served em well but I wanna see something different next season.

I will say that preliminary designs for next year's Tigers home kit indicate that red won't be quite so prominent. No plans to change the logo up as yet but it's early days.

There was a pretty significant colour shift this season, with black being readded to the palette and the shade of gold changing significantly.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I will say that preliminary designs for next year's Tigers home kit indicate that red won't be quite so prominent. No plans to change the logo up as yet but it's early days.

There was a pretty significant colour shift this season, with black being readded to the palette and the shade of gold changing significantly.

I'd love to see the spiral guernsey back as a heritage (was it one this year? I can't remember).

The logo is timeless and no one really votes for logos anyway. Keep it

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I'd love to see the spiral guernsey back as a heritage (was it one this year? I can't remember).

The logo is timeless and no one really votes for logos anyway. Keep it
I had it as one last year. I'll probably go back to it again before too long

Well done to both teams, sort of hope Scorch gets up as the NAFL is the only thing he hasn't won yet.

Gotta agree.

No way I can be sour at losing this one (if I do) - Scorch deserves to join the winners club of NAFL. Would cement him as the best designer in the history of this board really, having won everything there possibly is to win. :)

Just noticed that Grand Final logo and text, really cool. Did you edit those yourself @E92 or did you get the designers to submit new ones?

Scorch and I arranged to do it when it looked like we would be making the final. I just edited lmach's NAFL logo and did the text underneath. Felt given it's the final of the most prestigious competition on the board, we should do something to make it special. :)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The GF logos were totally Fruit train's idea and execution, I just applied it to my kit. Really clever touch

"WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE SEQUEL... WOULD BE JUST AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL?!"

Congratulations, El_Scorcho! What a great final, congratulations on taking this one out and joining the winners club. You absolutely deserve it with years of evolution with Waikato and nailed a unique design that still fits as a footy jumper - enjoy your shiny new badge. ;) Also congratulations to E92_ on another great year of NAFL, thanks for running it once more and running it so well.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I've been lucky enough to win a few competitions on this board now, but this is by far my proudest moment on this board.

This competition has grown through the great work of E92_ . Anyone who has run a comp knows that E posting threads like clockwork year in year out is a big effort.

Thanks to the great designers on this board, who have pushed the quality through the roof over the last few seasons. Templates have absolutely exploded in quality and there are no cheap wins in the NAFL anymore. Some entries that would have probably won it all a couple of seasons ago missed the finals this year. That great quality makes this win so much sweeter.

Thanks to Freight Train for another great GF.

I look forward to another jump in quality next season.

gettyimages-278097.jpg

Back