Discussion NAFL 2018/19 - Franchise Announcement & Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MMAQgse.png

Welcome to the 2018-19 NAFL Premiership Pre-Season Hub! The following fourteen teams from around Australia & New Zealand are confirmed to be entering into the NAFL 2018-19 season, with two spots vacant. These spots will be filled by two designs from the NAFL Reserves league that are deemed to be of the quality to be in the top flight.

The two vacated teams, Hobart & Capital Hill, will need to now enter via the Reserves should they wish to compete this season.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Busselton Hornets - Bacon Warrior
Perth Boomers - Freight Train
Perth Phoenix - E92_

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Alice Springs Pirates - Spanna_

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide Monarchs - ScottFreo

VICTORIA
Melbourne Foxes - Dylan8
Brunswick FC - Don_Kay
Anglesea Canaries - fancyscum

NEW SOUTH WALES
Bondi Hogs - Again

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Canberra Parliament - Andonis1997

QUEENSLAND
Mount Isa Miners - Gibbsy
Gold Coast G-Force - Barrybran

NEW ZEALAND
Waikato Tigers - El_Scorcho
Wellington Seawolves - craegus

PLUS, TWO VACANT LEAGUE SPOTS...

For this season, teams will need to design a home guernsey, as well as either an away guernsey (to always be featured during away games), or a clash guernsey (to only be worn during away games that clash with the home team). Teams have the option of designing all three if they would like, however it is mandatory to at least have one guernsey that provides enough contrast from the home guernsey to avoid clashes.

As has been the case for the majority of this competition, NAFL Heritage Round will feature once more, with teams to wear a guernsey design that celebrates the heritage of the club, or even a "faux-back" design.

The second one-off round this season is the NAFL Community Round, where teams will wear a guernsey that celebrates an aspect of the community where their team is located. This can interpreted in a number of different ways, not limited to pride, charity, women's footy, culture, economy/agriculture etc. It's a bit of a free-hit, as long as it ties back to a realistic aspect of the community of the team. This will need to be submitted with a short one or two sentence text piece on how your entry is relevant to the community of your club, to go into the match day poll alongside the design.

Finally, teams will submit an All-in-one presentation, which features all guernsey designs that the team has worn through the 2018-19 season.

The design rules are as follows:
(thanks to E92_ for the copypasta here)
  • Your overall design must include the front and back of the guernsey, as well as the shorts and socks
  • All jumpers must have a sponsor logo on the back and front of the jumper (same placement as AFL), you're allowed to have your teams logo on the jumper as well
  • Shorts also need a sponsor logo (same placement as AFL)
  • Sponsors need to be an AUS/NZ brand or an international brand with a presence in either of the two countries
  • Jumpers/shorts need an apparel logo under the collar or above the league logo and on the shorts, and it can be a fictional apparel company
  • The NAFL logo will be in the same position as the AFL logo on the jumper and shorts.
  • Heritage logo required on Heritage jumper only
  • All logos can be recoloured, however I highly recommend designing your own logo from scratch - you'll be a better designer in the long run
High resolution PNGs of the new logo can be found
> > here < <

When submitting designs, please PM them to myself as individual images, as well as the All-in-one presentation.

Deadline for this competition will be at 11:59pm on Friday October 19th, 2018 (AWST)

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Hate to be 'that guy', but may I ask when the NAFLR is gonna open for bids and discussion?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Looks like my entry might have to be in the form of a scultpure then

Maybe you should put your design on a garment, perhaps made of polyester, and then get a human to model it.

What you guys are discussing reminds me of this post by El_Scorcho. It was a really cool idea and definitely had potential, however it would have been really difficult to make it look more human shaped.
Ooh, cool thread idea!

My most interesting thrown away concepts were the below. I was playing around with 3D modelling software to see if I could make a template out of it. I didn't have the technical skills or the patience to keep going with this, but as you can see it gave me the ability to display from any angle.

g8htecf.png

bdTqlot.png

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I've settled on the Foxes for a third season but I was thinking about my three other NAFL teams (god I've been here too long) and decided to see how they might look in 2018.

Bayside Tide - NAFL Reserves 2013 (2nd, grand finalist)
CMqxSBv.jpg
wHXD2WT.jpg

Alice Springs Death Adders - NAFL 2014 (9th place)
fD8n8E5.png
SRH7dA9.jpg

Broken Hill Harriers - NAFL 2015 (7th place, elimination final loss)
mRARw4c.png
yD5xrnL.jpg

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Yeh I can tell a lot has gone into it. Yeh man looks fresh as! Is a tablet easier to use when it comes to Photoshop and Illustrator in comparison to a computer?
Since there was a lot of smudging and paintbush and eraser tools definitely suited to Photoshop. The power of Illustrator is in how it's set up for the precision of the pen tool.

I don't know how people are bothered to make detailed shadows from scratch with a mouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back