Packers, Raptors, Renegades
xed_out_solo_cup.png

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Not sure that I am even a fan of this. The NAFL has never been a regional competition in any way apart from regional team number restrictions, a state of origin kind of takes away from this.

And then what happens if there just happens to be 1 team from a state or territory (currently that may not be the case but it could happen), do they automatically become the designer for that region, or does that state or territory get merged with another and if so which one? Also what happens with New Zealand? Currently there are only 2 teams both from the north island, so the "winner" would have to then almost become a national team designer, but then if teams enter the NAFLR from the south island, does the winner come from both islands get chosen and becomes a national team or does NZ get split into two regions, as the two islands could be called separate as there is a rivalry between them.
Depends on the numbers I guess. We'll see them and go from there probably, of course it's up to Freight Train and the others.
If there's collaboration then there wouldn't be just one "national team designer". If worse comes to worse than we can just have an Allies team I guess.

That sounds pretty cool, not sure how it would work with people using different programs though.
Maybe you could have one person design the logo, one design the Home and one design a clash jumper?

Don't rate Origin either.

I err on the side of conservatism with the NAFL. League, a couple of once off rounds, finals. Works well enough.

I also agree with this side of things. It's all an idea at this point, but NAFL has worked so well and retained it's prestige following the same format over the past however many years. There's already plenty of content with two stacked leagues featuring multiple one-off rounds.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I also agree with this side of things. It's all an idea at this point, but NAFL has worked so well and retained it's prestige following the same format over the past however many years. There's already plenty of content with two stacked leagues featuring multiple one-off rounds.

Exactly. Each major competition on here has some unique elements, but the NAFL has not needed anything more than one-off rounds since it's inception. Let's stick with that and leave the cups and state of origins for the other leagues.

Exactly. Each major competition on here has some unique elements, but the NAFL has not needed anything more than one-off rounds since it's inception. Let's stick with that and leave the cups and state of origins for the other leagues.

To be fair, State of Origin as a concept, unless it was it's own standalone competition (which it basically would be as a post-season gimmick), only really works in the context of NAFL as it would be based on the Australian localities of the designers here.

As I mentioned earlier, if it were to happen (which I'm not totally sold on the idea anyway), it would run no differently really to the NAFL NZ Challenge a few seasons back.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Origin would be based on where the designer is from, not the team.

That's half the fun I think - plus integrating between .AI and .PS isn't too bad, which is what pretty much all the top designers use anyway.
do we know where everyone is from?

do we know where everyone is from?

do you always ask stupid questions?

I'm not sure if stupid question is the right way to put it but like, it's really not even something that matters at this point. Yes we have a rough idea of where people are from and it would be based on where you position for the season so I can always PM people if need be.

If it even happens.

Bacon Warrior pls hurry up and make a reserves thread so grandsun can go pester people in that one instead of this one

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
NAFL Prem VS NAFLR Prem

U̶E̶F̶A̶ NAFL Super Cup

One game, no biggie
If No NAFL Leagues Cup, then no NAFL Super Cup.

Also for SoO:
Playoff 1 - QLD (Silva/Lynton/???) v VIC (Cody/???/???)
Semi 1 - SA (Scorch/Fancy/Andonis) v Playoff 1
Semi 2 - WA (FTrain/BaconW/Scottfreo) v NSW (Craegus/Bryce/???)
Final - Semi 2 v Semi 1

EDIT: Don't even know if LM's a QLDer

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Also for SoO:
Final - Semi 2 v Semi 1

Ummmm Im not a Queenslander..... I am from Victoria and the teams would be chosen from NAFL not NAFL Reserves

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Also for SoO:
Final - Semi 2 v Semi 1

Spanna_ is Western Australian aswell. My pick for the champion if it does happen in WA.

People are waaaaaaaayy overthinking this, and I feel bad because I've initiated it.

If it happened, it'd be a throwaway competition with WA, SA, VIC and the Allies, with either the top (if individual) or top few (if collaborative) designers based on the final ladder positions. I haven't even decided if it's going ahead yet either.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
People are waaaaaaaayy overthinking this, and I feel bad because I've initiated it.

If it happened, it'd be a throwaway competition with WA, SA, VIC and the Allies, with either the top (if individual) or top few (if collaborative) designers based on the final ladder positions. I haven't even decided if it's going ahead yet either.
so you are the sole decision maker now? It should go to a Board vote from all NAFL and NAFLR Clubs.

so you are the sole decision maker now? It should go to a Board vote from all NAFL and NAFLR Clubs.
Yeah, that how things work when someone runs a comp, I’d back FT in to make the right call for the competition.

I sure am.

You shall refer to me as Supreme Leader Freight Train from now on.

Back