Poll NAFL 2018-19 Grand Final - Perth Boomers vs. Melbourne Foxes

Vote for the NAFL 2018-19 Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1VtJUKb.png

This is it. After sixteen teams battled for twenty rounds in the home and away season, and eight battled over the last three rounds of the finals series - we're here. It's the NAFL 2018-19 Grand Final and it's first versus second with the Perth Boomers taking on the Melbourne Foxes. The Boomers finished the season undefeated, with eighteen wins and two draws, with the Foxes finishing second only two points behind with eighteen wins, one draw and one loss. These two teams only faced each other once this season and it finished in a draw, so this should be a close game. Both teams won in the first week of finals, cementing a home preliminary final which saw Perth defeat Busselton and Melbourne defeat Alice Springs, setting up this final showdown for the shiny new badge.

X90Um31.gif
or
n2NRRZN.gif

Voting will go for three days - if there is a draw, there will be a 24 hour period of extra time (re-vote)

Do not vote for yourself/ask for votes (looking at you Dylan8)

NAFL 2018-19 Grand Final
Perth Boomers vs. Melbourne Foxes

42794044784_5eec05d30f_o.png

3gow6Ot.jpg

This is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make on this website.
I think I'll have a sleep on it and come back ;)

Also for some reason I thought the NAFL Grand Final was a match-up between all of both teams' kits?

Nope, it’s only ever been home vs. home.

Nope, it’s only ever been home vs. home.

Correct, it's only ever been home v home but the same H/A clash rules still applied, just that a GF clash has never happened.:)

Correct, it's only ever been home v home but the same H/A clash rules still applied, just that a GF clash has never happened.:)

Oh for real? I never realised the clash rule was still in effect, although that being said it’s probably not something I’d do for the grand final if there were a clash. I think home vs home determines the absolute best design.

Oh for real? I never realised the clash rule was still in effect, although that being said it’s probably not something I’d do for the grand final if there were a clash. I think home vs home determines the absolute best design.

Yeah, the rule was still in, it was just lucky that there was never a clash in a GF. Home v home is pretty fair.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
we have only seen 3 teams wear clashes in the AFL Grand Final (Saints 2010, Freo 2013 and Richmond 2017)

Yeah, the rule was still in, it was just lucky that there was never a clash in a GF. Home v home is pretty fair.

The other thing is that Dylan doesn’t have a clash, he has an away and it was structured so you could elect to either have an away (always worn away) or a clash (only worn if there is a clash) - felt it’d be a bit of a cop for Dylan to have to rock his away in the GF when the home doesn’t clash. :)

That's disappointing. As much as I love FT's work in general and with the Boomers, the evolution of the Foxes has been a highlight in my time on this board.

Said it to Cody_ earlier today - if I do win this, I don't know if I'll ever top this design. Dyl, on the other hand, I reckon will produce something even better, as almost impossible as it sounds, for next season. If he doesn't end up winning this one, he'd be my pick for the next.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Wow what a game. Veneration to both the victor and the runner up for their brilliant designs. As someone on the sideline, I've definitely taken notes from this season to take into further designs.

Back