Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Premiership Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a stubborn old mongrel who refuses to say San-full: always S A N F L for me (until I finally admit one day that it's quicker & easier to say San-full)

SAN-F-L for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naffle, Feera, Can-Am, Flow, C-R-C-C, Waffle, San-full, V-F-L, Neefle

Same for all of these.

craegus, I feel like you’d know this. Before the days of the ARL/NRL, what would people say when referring to the NSWRFL/NSWRL? Did they pronounce the acronym or just say the whole name?

Same for all of these.

craegus, I feel like you’d know this. Before the days of the ARL/NRL, what would people say when referring to the NSWRFL/NSWRL? Did they pronounce the acronym or just say the whole name?

From my memory it varied.

Most would say the letters (So N, S, W, R, L), but also NSW Rugby League or the full New South Wales Rugby League would be used.

However, in most cases these competitions were called by the competition name (Winfield Cup, Reserve Grade, Jersey Flegg) or First Grade/Second Grade etc. rather than by the organisation which would only be used when referring to it specifically rather than the competition.

Ladder after Round Five

zHPc7vH.png

Round Six is now up - happy voting!

PSA: May be some delays with NAFL over the next week or so, currently moving into a new place and internet isn’t connected yet so fun times! Will try to get a round up in the next couple of days though in between all the unpacking etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back