Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Premiership Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Also for those of you who haven't yet, you're welcome to submit a blurb for your Community Round guernsey which will need to be submitted within the next three days.

In a similar vein to what Bacon Warrior is doing with the Reserves, I'm going to try and use clash (or away, if rarely seen) jumpers more often through the season where possible. Keeps the polls fresher when you've got lesser seen designs coming through.

Large number of decent designs that have either only been run out once, or a lot that haven't been worn at all that IMO, are ripper designs.

In a similar vein to what Bacon Warrior is doing with the Reserves, I'm going to try and use clash (or away, if rarely seen) jumpers more often through the season where possible. Keeps the polls fresher when you've got lesser seen designs coming through.

Large number of decent designs that have either only been run out once, or a lot that haven't been worn at all that IMO, are ripper designs.
Would’ve loved to see both of the Waikato clash jumpers more often last season so this is a good call :thumbsu:

cOcYl2B.png

Community Round I is now up - happy voting!

ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay so I've had a bit of a think on how relegation & promotion is going to work going into next season. Given the amount of teams that had to be called up for this season, we've got a lot of first timers and there's a lot of talent as well in the Reserves division. So, here's how it will all go down:
  • NAFL Reserves 18-19 finalists will both receive automatic promotion for NAFL 19-20
  • Before NAFL 19-20, the two bottom teams from NAFL 18-19 and the two Reserves 18-19 preliminary final losers will play-off in a pre-season round robin, where the top two teams will compete in NAFL 19-20.
So, next season will have 18 teams (assuming no one drops out after this season) and this gives designers who were brought up at the very last minute time to continue to work on their designing and prepare for next season to keep their spot in the top flight, whilst giving a good opportunity to those in Reserves who miss out on the final to still fight for a chance in the top flight, which I think this is the fairest solution, tbh.

Before NAFL 19-20, the two bottom teams from NAFL 18-19 and the two Reserves 18-19 preliminary final losers will play-off in a pre-season round robin, where the top two teams will compete in NAFL 19-20.
Like this idea. If I'm reading correctly, the teams who are being relegated/promoted from their respective comps will use their uniforms from the previous season?

Like this idea. If I'm reading correctly, the teams who are being relegated/promoted from their respective comps will use their uniforms from the previous season?

No, they’d use their uniforms for the upcoming season to ensure the two best designs go into the top league for the season.

xywaytF.png

At the halfway mark in the 2018-19 NAFL Premiership season, this is how the teams sit going into the back-half of the season. Alice Springs and Derwent River also have the illustrious honour of having played out the first drawn game for the season.

Round Eleven is live - go vote!

xywaytF.png

At the halfway mark in the 2018-19 NAFL Premiership season, this is how the teams sit going into the back-half of the season. Alice Springs and Derwent River also have the illustrious honour of having played out the first drawn game for the season.

Round Eleven is live - go vote!
Talk about a rollercoaster game. Was behind early, came back and took the lead with not long left, and then conceded for the draw. Really could have done with a victory but we'll take the two points.

Talk about a rollercoaster game. Was behind early, came back and took the lead with not long left, and then conceded for the draw. Really could have done with a victory but we'll take the two points.

Gets you into the four at least - question is, with three teams sitting less than a game behind you, can you hold on for the back half of the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I had to face FT's Ochre this week to make me fall on my sword with this comment :rolleyes:

Gotta avenge that piss poor finals performance last season. Losing in the first week was bad enough, but losing to the Parliament? That’s haunted me ever since - or at least until Round 11 of this season.

PlGj0Wd.png

One for the record books: Spanna_'s Alice Springs Pirates have equalled the record for most draws in a season in NAFL history on 3 - along with Again (Bondi Hogs) and Don_Kay (Brunswick FC).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back