Discussion NAFL 2018-19 Premiership Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I did significantly better this year than last, so I gusss I’m happy with that. Now I just need to push for a top 8 position next season

I reckon you really hit a sweet spot with the new Mariners look, and you kept the designs really fresh and interesting. Definitely a good base to work from IMO and i'm looking forward to what you come up with next season.

With our season looking like it is coming to an end, now is the time to announce that two of the Wellington Seawolves sponsors will be leaving us at the conclusion of the season.

After 3 seasons with us, both Etihad Airways and Ricoh will move on following the close of this NAFL season. We wish to thank them for their support over the past few years.

In good news, we have already found replacements for them, with a former major sponsor returning and taking the shorts spot left vacant by Ricoh, and a brand new technology based sponsor with a global presence and instantly recognisable name joining us and taking the vacant guernsey sponsor spot.

These new sponsorships will be unveiled later, but we are excited by the opportunities that they along with our continuing sponsor Speight's will bring to our organisation.

- Wellington Seawolves

MEDluYt.png

The first round of the finals series sees Wellington and Canberra be eliminated from the competition, with Adelaide and Busselton moving on to the second chance in the semi finals against Alice Springs and Waikato, respectively. Perth and Melbourne book their spots in the preliminary finals and are just a game away from the 2018-19 NAFL Grand Final.

MEDluYt.png

The first round of the finals series sees Wellington and Canberra be eliminated from the competition, with Adelaide and Busselton moving on to the second chance in the semi finals against Alice Springs and Waikato, respectively. Perth and Melbourne book their spots in the preliminary finals and are just a game away from the 2018-19 NAFL Grand Final.
Whuh? Did anyone else not know the thread was up?

Well that's a shitty way to find out, haha. Ah well.

Whuh? Did anyone else not know the thread was up?

Well that's a shitty way to find out, haha. Ah well.

I missed it too. Once the upgrade happened I got Gateway Errors galore so could barely get on. Might be a few others in that boat too.

Having said that, I don't think it really had any effect on the results .

I missed it too. Once the upgrade happened I got Gateway Errors galore so could barely get on. Might be a few others in that boat too.

Having said that, I don't think it really had any effect on the results .
Oh I'm not saying it did have a result in the slightest. Just that it would have been good to follow along and see the match unfold haha :)

5QDrjMr.png

With the semi-finals over, we see the two previous premiers, and last year's finalists battle it out, with the Hornets prevailing and sending Waikato home. Even more heartbreak in the other semi final with a drawn result between Adelaide and Alice Springs, with the Pirates taking the win in extra time.

The prelims see another battle between premiers with Perth and Busselton going head to head in a battle for the west, and Melbourne and Alice Springs duking it out for a spot in what will be a maiden grand final appearance for the winners.

The Preliminary Finals are now up - go vote!

IkwxEsR.png

That marks the end of the 2018-19 NAFL Premiership season, with the Perth Boomers beating the Melbourne Foxes in the Grand Final. Thank you so much to everyone that entered a design this season, it was an unprecedented level of quality across the entire competition. Also thank you to everyone who voted in the games, voter turnout is a huge part of running a competition so it was good to get consistently decent numbers every round.

It's been a pleasure running the competition, so thanks to E92_ for trusting this long running competition in my hands. Next season will see a small change - next season will not be NAFL 19/20, it will just be NAFL 2019, with the season starting around September to coincide with the AFL finals series.

Until then, thanks everyone for making this competition what it was. :)

Next season will see a small change - next season will not be NAFL 19/20, it will just be NAFL 2019, with the season starting around September to coincide with the AFL finals series.

Well if that is the case, I guess it is time to start some next season promotion:

RgVZO0T.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next season will see a small change

You had me worried then, I thought you were going to say NAFLX will kick off season 2019!

In all seriousness though, you've done an amazing job running the NAFL this season. The effort you put in to create all sorts of graphics of an insane quality (love the Channel 10 vibes!) whilst continuing to posts polls on time and keep the competition running smoothly (as well as designing the winning entry) deserves a pat on the back. I think I speak on behalf of the FJGD when I say thanks so much for this season!

When about will more information be released about the pro/rel series for NAFL 2020?

It’s already been released. It’ll be a pre-season round robin with each team facing each other once, home vs home, the week before the comps start.

The top two teams will go to the top league, the bottom two teams will be in the Reserves.

It’s already been released. It’ll be a pre-season round robin with each team facing each other once, home vs home, the week before the comps start.

The top two teams will go to the top league, the bottom two teams will be in the Reserves.
As in, when it is and will it be this seasons' kits versing each other?

As in, when it is and will it be this seasons' kits versing each other?

It will be a week before the next season which I mentioned earlier was going to be around September, and it will be next season’s guernseys, to best allow everyone to prepare seeing as the two teams from the top flight weren’t really prepared for the top flight.

I think it's better to do it that way, it gives the people competing for those spots the chance to really throw everything at a Div 1 level entry.

6 months is also a long time on this board. Spanna went from Div 2 to winning the Reserves then winning Can-Am. There's no reason a bunch of you couldn't make that jump

We could still probably do with a preseason thread though Freight Train ;)

Just to outline where all the teams stand, let people post identity changes etc. Someone may have a new logo they've been dying to reveal, there's really no way of knowing until the thread is up.

Just to outline where all the teams stand, let people post identity changes etc. Someone may have a new logo they've been dying to reveal, there's really no way of knowing until the thread is up.

You know it’s funny that you say that because I did hear of a new logo that was going to look like this;

images

Would love to see this happen. I have a lot of changes to promote!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back