Discussion NAFL 2019 - Preseason Hub

What should be the special theme round this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Already sent mine to BW, though I'll pass mine onto you now.

Yeah BW isn’t running the ressies this year and it looks like there’s a few people not entering so we might bypass the promotion playoff.

Yeah BW isn’t running the ressies this year and it looks like there’s a few people not entering so we might bypass the promotion playoff.
I meant Barrybran (BB, BW, same thing :drunk:) - I'll give them to you anyways

Get your entries in guys or otherwise the Tsars will have no one to beat :'(
You're going where Tsar Nicholas II and Russian autocracy went- into the ground. #asp

Leaving the trash talking to the last minute. Better lift your game mate.

The Wellington/Waikato trash talking has been going on for years, it will never be in the last minute (unless the Waikato ownership finally realise that the region is actually trash and decide to move then it may be).

You're going where Tsar Nicholas II and Russian autocracy went- into the ground.

Too soon dude, Too Soon.

To those who haven’t entered - is there a particular reason why you have opted not to enter this year?

Does it come down to the timing (is September a bad time?), or is there other factors coming into play? Is there anything I can do to see more numbers coming in, because I’m concerned at the lack of entries both for the main league and the reserves this season compared to past years.

Like, are exams or anything like that an issue for designers?

If I need to push this out another few weeks or even longer, is this going to help?

Just a bit frustrating, and there’s almost no point running the competition starting this week if the numbers aren’t there.

Asking here as well.

Asking here as well.
I know I can't answer for those who didn't enter but maybe it's just a run of design fatigue. The comps at the start of the year could just be burning people out perhaps. I know I get it sometimes but I find it quickly fades after I get really into a new idea for my kit.

Unless I've completely lost the plot, I'm pretty sure I posted somewhere in this thread confirming South Perth unfortunately won't be returning. I'll have a look for that post to confirm.

EDIT: Found it. Would have loved to enter this year, but knew that realistically, I wasn't going to have the time to chuck an entry together. Will hopefully be back next year in the 2s. Good luck to everyone entering btw, looking forward to another strong field.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit disappointing that I’ve only ended up with 13 or 14 entries for the main league, and by the sounds of it even less for the reserves.

Happy to leave this open for a bit longer if any designers who haven’t entered wanna give it a crack, be it top flight or reserves.

The Cheesecake Andonis1997 E92_ lmach Gibbsy Teen Wolf ScottFreo Fizzler sjohnson Red Crow Mero WonderT

I know it isn't a great turnout, especially for the pinnacle league competition on this board and after the recent seasons highs, but a 14 team top tier isn't the worst size and gives it a bit more of an exclusive feel to it like in the early days (I understand the reasons for it, but 18 was getting a little big).

Okay so we will proceed with 14 teams this season for NAFL - got all the fixturing sorted with 13 rounds which include 10 home and away (every teams gets a 5/5 split), plus one each of city, retro and all-in-one.

I'll work on all the fancy graphics tomorrow and hopefully get Round One up tomorrow night.

Back